Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drake19899

so i am looking to get a 240hz monitor

Recommended Posts

Don't like the shield on the outside of BenQ, would take up a lot of unnecessary room in my opinion.  No point in getting the more expensive G-sync monitor when the other two both have adaptive sync and those two are basically the same, one is just 1 inch bigger so that's just personal preference, and the last one, had a much more stable looking stand. If I was picking I would go for once of the adaptive sync monitors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Don't like the shield on the outside of BenQ, would take up a lot of unnecessary room in my opinion.  No point in getting the more expensive G-sync monitor when the other two both have adaptive sync and those two are basically the same, one is just 1 inch bigger so that's just personal preference, and the last one, had a much more stable looking stand. If I was picking I would go for once of the adaptive sync monitors.

so which ones do you prefer?

and whats the difference between g sync and adaptive sync

Link to post
Share on other sites

G sync is a better version of adaptive sync, but you can only use hdmi, and is much more expensive. To me the cost doesn't outweigh the benefits, you could check out LTT's videos on the difference between the two. Also consider free-sync monitors as many now have support for g-sync but are much cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, RAM555789 said:

G sync is a better version of adaptive sync, but you can only use hdmi, and is much more expensive. To me the cost doesn't outweigh the benefits, you could check out LTT's videos on the difference between the two. Also consider free-sync monitors as many now have support for g-sync but are much cheaper.

I don't really mind because was planning on spending aopund 500-600

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drake19899 said:

I don't really mind because was planning on spending aopund 500-600

 

Might matter a bit more if you plan to do a lot of fps gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a system that can push that many pixels? Seems like a waste of money in a lot of ways.

I'd go with https://www.amazon.com/PG258Q-G-SYNC-Esports-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B06WRP3F5S/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=asus 240hz&qid=1558570586&s=gateway&sr=8-2&tag=linus21-20

But only if you have an Nvidia card. Otherwise the version with Freesync.


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Don't like the shield on the outside of BenQ, would take up a lot of unnecessary room in my opinion.

The shield comes off and is adjustable anyway. 

36 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

G sync is a better version of adaptive sync, but you can only use hdmi, 

?????????????????????????????????????

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, TrigrH said:

The shield comes off and is adjustable anyway. 

?????????????????????????????????????

 

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Do you have a system that can push that many pixels? Seems like a waste of money in a lot of ways.

I'd go with https://www.amazon.com/PG258Q-G-SYNC-Esports-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B06WRP3F5S/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=asus 240hz&qid=1558570586&s=gateway&sr=8-2&tag=linus21-20

But only if you have an Nvidia card. Otherwise the version with Freesync.

8700k 

1080ti 

32gb ram

so im good on specs 

and does the benq one look good?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drake19899 said:

 

8700k 

1080ti 

32gb ram

so im good on specs 

and does the benq one look good?

 

I wouldn't spend that much on a monitor that doesn't have GSync.


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAM555789 said:

G sync is a better version of adaptive sync, but you can only use hdmi,

Adaptive sync only works on DisplayPort. G-Sync works on whatever the monitor supports, which is usually DP and sometimes HDMI.

 

Also because there's no strict certification, there are many crappy FreeSync (Adaptive sync) monitors out there. Not saying G-Sync is necessarily with the cost, but it's something to keep an eye out.

1 hour ago, drake19899 said:

I don't really mind because was planning on spending aopund 500-600

 

Have you confirmed that you can tell the difference between 144hz and 240hz (I can barely tell the difference between 60 and 144 myself)? Tests show people are often unable to consistently identify 240hz monitors from 144hz ones. You may be able to, but it's with verifying before you spend a crap ton of money.


Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Adaptive sync only works on DisplayPort. G-Sync works on whatever the monitor supports, which is usually DP and sometimes HDMI.

 

Also because there's no strict certification, there are many crappy FreeSync (Adaptive sync) monitors out there. Not saying G-Sync is necessarily with the cost, but it's something to keep an eye out.

Have you confirmed that you can tell the difference between 144hz and 240hz (I can barely tell the difference between 60 and 144 myself)? Tests show people are often unable to consistently identify 240hz monitors from 144hz ones. You may be able to, but it's with verifying before you spend a crap ton of money.

yeah I HAD a 120 hz and could tell the difference between it and my friends 240 but the one he had was free sync

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really you can just get the one that's G-sync compatible one from those and save some money. 


Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×