Ink System Failure

TigerClaw

So I have an HP Photo Smart Plus for a couple of years now. and Its way passed the warranty. I was trying to print something today. When the Printer was giving me the Ink system Failure with the code 0xc19a0022.

I searched all over for a fix. And non of the fixes work. I tried cleaning the Print Head. Unplugging and replugging the printer. All that stuff. And I still get the same error message.

I even get the error message with all the ink cartridges removed.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem. and found a fix for it? If there is non. Then maybe I have to get a new Printer that isn't an HP this time?

CPU: I9-9900k CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Soundcard: Sound BlasterX AE-7 Capture Card: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Boot Drive: Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1TB SSD Storage Drives: WD BLACK SN750 NVME 1TB SSD WD Blue 1TB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2 WD Blue 500GB SSDs Blu-Ray Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Power Supply:  Seasonic PRIME 850 Platinum SSR-850PD 850W 80+ Platinum Case: Cooler Master HAF X OS: Windows 10 Pro

Its probably worth just buying another printer. 

If you want to look into printer repair tho, this book mentions it at one point

Related image

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Its probably worth just buying another printer. 

If you want to look into printer repair tho, this book mentions it at one point

Related image

Nah. I don't want to deal with that stuff. The last thing I did for this Printer was replaced the Print Head. And that was a couple of years ago. I'm going to have to buy a new one from a different brand. But one that has the same features as this. Which was design for Photos. Needs to have the Scanner, Touch screen display. and be Wireless.

The only options I see are Epson and Canon.

CPU: I9-9900k CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Soundcard: Sound BlasterX AE-7 Capture Card: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Boot Drive: Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1TB SSD Storage Drives: WD BLACK SN750 NVME 1TB SSD WD Blue 1TB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2 WD Blue 500GB SSDs Blu-Ray Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Power Supply:  Seasonic PRIME 850 Platinum SSR-850PD 850W 80+ Platinum Case: Cooler Master HAF X OS: Windows 10 Pro

I know Brother is known for great printers

1 minute ago, TigerClaw said:

Nah. I don't want to deal with that stuff. The last thing I did for this Printer was replaced the Print Head. And that was a couple of years ago. I'm going to have to buy a new one from a different brand. But one that has the same features as this. Which was design for Photos. Needs to have the Scanner, Touch screen display. and be Wireless.

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Just now, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I know Brother is known for great printers

I really don't print much. This printer has been collecting dust for a long time. So if I get a new one. That will also be collecting dust until I needed to scan or print something. Like Photos.

10 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

So when you need high quality prints go to a local print shop, they'll charge a couple cents per page. 

Or I can do it myself. and make sure a Photo comes out fine.

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Well then you run into the same problem of buying a printer or fixing a printer that will sit for a while an probably succumb to the same or a different issue in the future. 

Even the cheapest ink jet printer all in one can be purchased for under $100 with ink already included, as well as a 1 year manufacturer warranty. So I'd suggest that over repairing the old one that's already prone to breaking as you've previously mentioned. 

But you also said this, which makes me think a printer might not be the best investment, as cheap inkjets all have issues with ink drying out after long periods of no use. 

On another note, what's the exact model of the printer? maybe some more info can help us devise a creative solution to the problem. 

The Printer is the HP Photosmart Plus B210a

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Goes for about $100-150 on ebay.com

Printhead is around $50. But it's not certain this is causing the issue you're facing. 

Whereas for $60 you can get a brand new HP ENVY 5055 printer: https://www.staples.com/hp-envy-5055-wireless-all-in-one-photo-printer-instant-ink-ready-m2u85a/product_24301694

It's a photo printer, wireless capabilities, touch screen, and a scanner. Does everything you need a good price, and since it's brand new would come with a 1 year warranty. Sometimes this can be extended if you purchase with a visa or mastercard, but for that you'd have to call your bank/credit card company. 

I'm thinking of going with another brand. Since they don't have this Ink System Failure that is only associated with HP Printers.

3 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

I don't have new cartridges to try to see if that's the issue. But I noticed I get this error even with all the ink cartridges removed.

11 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

The risk of buying new cartridges to attempt a fix just isn't worth it in my opinion. 

Here's an interesting offer from Epson, it's wireless, can scan, does photo colour printing, but the ink is refillable via actual bottles of ink, rather than single use ink cartridges. 

https://www.staples.com/The-Expression-ET-2650-EcoTank-All-in-One/product_2536522

Example pictures of refillable ink: https://epson.ca/Pour-le-domicile/Imprimantes/Jet-d’encre/Imprimante-multifonction-Epson-Expression-ET-2650-EcoTank/p/C11CF47201

and it seems that Staples has it on special at the moment. 

What about this one? this one appears to be designed for Photos.

Epson Expression Home XP-5100 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner & Copier 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Epson-Expression-Home-XP-5100-Wireless-Color-Photo-Printer-with-Scanner-Copier-Walmart-Exclusive/885229763