Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bureksasir

Wi-Fi repeater

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I've seen that our Wi-Fi on the repeater is quite slower than my actual Ethernet download. We do not have fiber and get around 200down/6up but on the wifi i get 70-80down/7up the repeater is connected through an ethernet cable directly from the router, it supports b/g/n and on ASUS's website it says it should go up to 300mbps. The model of the repeater is an ASUS RP-N12 and I know it can be phone dependent so I have an S8 if that helps.

Thanks!

You won't get the rated wifi speeds, about 1/2 of rated speeds is the real world max, much worse with multiple clients and distance or obstructions.

Id get a newer hotspot, look for one with ac, as if it is n max, its old or very low end.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

You won't get the rated wifi speeds, about 1/2 of rated speeds is the real world max, much worse with multiple clients and distance or obstructions.

Id get a newer hotspot, look for one with ac, as if it is n max, its old or very low end.

Ah thanks for the suggestions, I'm looking forward into buying a new one, do you maybe know one I should pick? 

Thanks

Just now, bureksasir said:

Ah thanks for the suggestions, I'm looking forward into buying a new one, do you maybe know one I should pick? 

Thanks

Id get a unifi ap ac lite. My pick for a budget ap

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id get a unifi ap ac lite. My pick for a budget ap

Looks solid, and the range is 122 meters as said on site? Well, anyways it's about a 100 dollars so in our country that's not that "budget" haha, well I'll look into it some more. Thanks anyways

8 minutes ago, bureksasir said:

Looks solid, and the range is 122 meters as said on site? Well, anyways it's about a 100 dollars so in our country that's not that "budget" haha, well I'll look into it some more. Thanks anyways

well 122 meters is max range, your not getting that through walls and the speed will be bad at end of range.

7 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

well 122 meters is max range, your not getting that through walls and the speed will be bad at end of range.

Well yeah i know, do you think its capable of covering 2 floors?

1 hour ago, bureksasir said:

Well yeah i know, do you think its capable of covering 2 floors?

SHould be fine for 2 floors. I can get usable signal from a attic in a 2 story building to the first floor, does get a bit slow though. 

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

SHould be fine for 2 floors. I can get usable signal from a attic in a 2 story building to the first floor, does get a bit slow though. 

Okay, that's cool I mean I expect it to slow down if it's too far away, what's the speed you're getting? Just curious like Ethernet/adapter speeds? Thanks again

36 minutes ago, bureksasir said:

Okay, that's cool I mean I expect it to slow down if it's too far away, what's the speed you're getting? Just curious like Ethernet/adapter speeds? Thanks again

Close range I get about 200mbit, but my clients are pretty old, so newer clients will be much faarther, at the farather range, i often sit at around 20mbits or worse, you relaly have to test it your self to know the speeds you will get.

Is there any resellers in your area that have have easy returns? You can always buy it and see how it goes from there.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Close range I get about 200mbit, but my clients are pretty old, so newer clients will be much faarther, at the farather range, i often sit at around 20mbits or worse, you relaly have to test it your self to know the speeds you will get.

Is there any resellers in your area that have have easy returns? You can always buy it and see how it goes from there.

I am from Slovenia, and there aren't many resellers that do easy returns, so I'll see some other options. And I have an S8 which has 11.ac so I believe I will get faster internet but correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the feedback anways!