Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DD Custom Mods

#NodeZero - Mining to NAS Case Coversion

Posted · Original PosterOP

BqkYbDC.jpg

PCPartPicker Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d9JGpG

What is up my fellow modders!

Let me introduce you to our next project Node Zero!

BACKGROUND

Node Zero was conceptualized as our move back home on the west coast meant leaving our staircase server hub back in Tennessee.  Now that I’ve been back home in NV for the past year, I have been missing not only our PLEX and Gaming servers, but our backups and our RAID 5 system.

Because of this, I started brainstorming a new case to house our server hardware, something that could handle many HDDs.  After searching around, I just didn’t like what I saw and didn’t want to go slim server rack(and of course money issues prevents a couple grand for a server)

So we are replacing this case with a Nanoxia Rexgear Hydra 2 Mining case, and modding it to accept up to 12 HDDs and an SSD or two.

OLD SERVER CASE

1DHFQnF.jpg

HYDRA 2 CONCEPT

VMvh7eK.jpg
rQNihVm.jpg
x1tCKYD.jpg

HYDRA 2 CASE(Stock Photos)

ee8pqzl.png
AAa1l1p.png

Here in this YouTube video we unbox the Arctic cooling gear and the Nanoxia HDD bays.  Also has hardware going into our Honda Prelude PC mod.

https://youtu.be/xiwT1sEO_3Y

Have a wonderful day and I hope you are excited as I am to see this build come together!!!

Loving the visuals based on the render! Will be awesome to see it being built. :) Arctic have great fans, me included! ;)

Aesthetics Goddess & Light Theme User

My Custom PC Build Log  |  My Brother's Custom PC Build Log  |  PC Rig Photography

i5-8600K | Arctic 33 eSports | Asus Z370-P | 16GB DDR4-2800 | Asus GTX 1060 3GB | 500GB Crucial P1 + 240GB Crucial BX500 | NZXT S340 | Corsair CX450M

Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, seoz said:

Loving the visuals based on the render! Will be awesome to see it being built. :) Arctic have great fans, me included! ;)

Thanks!  I wanted something that would just pop in design but simplistic.  And as for Arctic, I've had nothing but positive experience with their entire team.  The link below is a how to video we did on using their monitor wall mounts.

20 minutes ago, DD Custom Mods said:

Thanks!  I wanted something that would just pop in design but simplistic.  And as for Arctic, I've had nothing but positive experience with their entire team.  The link below is a how to video we did on using their monitor wall mounts.

Awesome to hear you and Arctic are practically best friends! Can't wait to see the final product of this NAS build. :)

Aesthetics Goddess & Light Theme User

My Custom PC Build Log  |  My Brother's Custom PC Build Log  |  PC Rig Photography

i5-8600K | Arctic 33 eSports | Asus Z370-P | 16GB DDR4-2800 | Asus GTX 1060 3GB | 500GB Crucial P1 + 240GB Crucial BX500 | NZXT S340 | Corsair CX450M