High Ryzen 5 1600 idle temperature?

Go to solution Solved by PopsicleHustler,
Just now, Draconid said:

Okay, I'll try and reduce the voltage, thanks for the pointer; will the voltage have an effect on temperature? I'm pretty certain it would. 

Yes it will. Voltage is the reason why temps go up in overclock.

Hi, I've got a Ryzen 5 1600 in a S340 elite which is being cooled by its stock cooler, it's currently clocked at 3.8 mhz at 1.35V, and its idle temperature hovers around 54 - 58 degrees celsius, is this considered high? If so would you suggest a CPU cooler upgrade? especially with summer around the corner?
I've also recently re-applied some MX-4 (2019 edition) thermal paste but that didn't have much of an effect on the temperature. 
I'm also using CPUID and Ryzen Master to view its temperature and they're both displaying the same value. 

1.35V at 3.8Ghz is alot. If you can't run it at lower voltage, upgrade your cooling.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

1.35V at 3.8Ghz is alot. If you can't run it at lower voltage, upgrade your cooling.

Okay, I'll try and reduce the voltage, thanks for the pointer; will the voltage have an effect on temperature? I'm pretty certain it would. 

Just now, Draconid said:

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

Thank you, I'll try and reduce the voltage now! 

8 minutes ago, Draconid said:

idle temperature hovers around 54 - 58 degrees celsius, is this considered high?

seems fine to me. 

load temps is what matters.