Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScootsMcgoots

Newegg return policy experience?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm returning the ASRock X470 master SLI/AC to Newegg after having possibly the worst experience ever with a motherboard. They've already stated they'd charge me a $17 restocking fee (amazon didn't charge me anything whatsover) are there any other costs? I'm worried because I've heard horror stories of them not giving a refund due to the game code that came with a GPU not being sent back. My mobo came with a $60 code for some food service (something akin to Blue Apron) , should I absolutely return that too? 

CPU: i7 3770 ( Cooled by H60)  GPU: GTX 970 STRIX  RAM16gb Hyperx fury 1600mhz ( 8GBx2)  MOBO: Asus P8Z77M  PSU: Corsair AX 760 Case: Corsair 350D    Storage: Kingston 240gb 3k SSD,  4 TB WD Red , 1TB segate HDD     Mouse: Logitech G pro Keyboard:Logitech G pro    Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 SE  DAC/AMP: Fiio EK10 Microphone: Blue Yeti

11 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

I'm returning the ASRock X470 master SLI/AC to Newegg after having possibly the worst experience ever with a motherboard. They've already stated they'd charge me a $17 restocking fee (amazon didn't charge me anything whatsover) are there any other costs? I'm worried because I've heard horror stories of them not giving a refund due to the game code that came with a GPU not being sent back. My mobo came with a $60 code for some food service (something akin to Blue Apron) , should I absolutely return that too? 

Return *everything*

Yes, I've had very bad experiences with NE return policy...

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

13 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

Is it defective? Why are you returning it?

Alexander Goyette

alexandergoyette@hotmail.com

Montréal

About Me

Yeah Newegg's return policy is terrible. I had a bad monitor once and Newegg woudn't let me take it back unless I had the original box with matching serial numbers. I had to go dumpster diving to find the box.

One of my first builds I spec'd was purchased from Newegg and resulted in a return because I thought I knew what I was doing. Got slapped with a percentage restocking fee, which was about $50 of the overall purchase. Basically it was so punitive for a novice builder that I decided to not shop there anymore. I wrote about my experience and was contacted by a customer relations rep who reversed my fee and gave me a gift card. I've been relatively satisfied with Newegg since, but their pricing is no where near as competitive as they used to be. 

37 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Is it defective? Why are you returning it?

For starters the memory compatibility was absolutely piss poor; I tried 3 different sets of ram, it wouldn't ever boot to the xmp timings. Fine, xmp timings are never guaranteed right? I couldn't up the clock by one step, I couldn't even UNDER CLOCK the ram to 1866mhz! Updating the BIOS seemed to make the mem compatibility worse. As for the USB c port, it could never charge or detect my pixel 2XL. It wouldn't even connect then disconnect. As for my replacement board, the moment I plug in my phone it starts fast charging. My new board applied the XMP timings when I turned on doocp no problem. I don't wanna be that guy but this really put me off from buying asrock boards.

CPU: i7 3770 ( Cooled by H60)  GPU: GTX 970 STRIX  RAM16gb Hyperx fury 1600mhz ( 8GBx2)  MOBO: Asus P8Z77M  PSU: Corsair AX 760 Case: Corsair 350D    Storage: Kingston 240gb 3k SSD,  4 TB WD Red , 1TB segate HDD     Mouse: Logitech G pro Keyboard:Logitech G pro    Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 SE  DAC/AMP: Fiio EK10 Microphone: Blue Yeti

33 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

One of my first builds I spec'd was purchased from Newegg and resulted in a return because I thought I knew what I was doing. Got slapped with a percentage restocking fee, which was about $50 of the overall purchase. Basically it was so punitive for a novice builder that I decided to not shop there anymore. I wrote about my experience and was contacted by a customer relations rep who reversed my fee and gave me a gift card. I've been relatively satisfied with Newegg since, but their pricing is no where near as competitive as they used to be. 

Their service seems to be nowhere near on par with amazon; I don't know if Amazon can do this simply because they are so large and can afford it, but the moment UPS notified me they shipped my amazon returns, amazon sent the refund credit to my card before they even physically received the package. 

Hello,

To answer your question, every item has its own return policy, and return timeframe. I would be happy to look into your situation specifically. When you get a chance, send an email to wecare@newegg.com and be sure to include your sales order number, and a brief reference to this post. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Derek [Newegg Support]

only issue I had with Newegg was having to pay return shipping cost on a DOA Mobo. every other retailer I buy from covers return shipping cost on defective hardware.

I buy from newegg at least two times a week.  Over the last 2 years their policy has gotten worse for sure.

The difference as a Consumer is - I pay with a credit card that has protection from companies like them, and will NOT take bullshit from them.  Each interaction I have with them, the ball is in my court - because my Bank will back me and refund, then Newegg has to deal with a bank to get their money back.  Not sure what bank you use but USBank has my back. 

Anytime I get fed some BULL line from their CS I elevate to supervisor and explain to the supervisor that its their issue, not mine, and if I have to Ill just go to my bank and tell them whats happened (I received defective item) and they will absolutely reverse the charge and then Newegg has an issue they have to handle through a Bank who is MUCH larger than them.  They don't want this.

I.E. I bought a set of headphones from one of the third party retailers - received it and one earpiece didn't work.  I requested RMA, they said I had to pay shipping back to California.  10 minutes later I didn't have to send anything back and got a full refund.  Because homie don't play that.

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8ghz all core stock voltage, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker, Corsair HX850 PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO push top exhaust, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/36825649?

Ryzen Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8ghz all core stock voltage (yes, 2 of them...silicone lottery!), Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, 640gb WD Blue 7200 RPM Mech drive, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 Case

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

A couple laptops and tablets around the house