Smartphone battery recommendation

Hey Everyone, 

So I've been looking for a smartphone and I was wondering what would the lowest recommended capacity for a smartphone battery. I've been going off of 3700 maH.

That's not a straight comparison. A pixel has ~3500 mAh but can still beat 4,000 mAh, and the iPhone has about 2800 mAh and still overtakes the big boys sometimes.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Like @LukeLinusFanFic (what a name) said, you don't want to stick strictly with battery size. You'll want to look at how well the OS is optimized for the hardware it's on. Apple, for example, runs iOS very smooth on what normally seems like sub-par hardware. But that's because they spend lots of money and time tweaking and fiddling with it to work as smooth as it does.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Like @LukeLinusFanFic (what a name) said, you don't want to stick strictly with battery size. You'll want to look at how well the OS is optimized for the hardware it's on. Apple, for example, runs iOS very smooth on what normally seems like sub-par hardware. But that's because they spend lots of money and time tweaking and fiddling with it to work as smooth as it does.

So, if I was to pick up an iPhone 6s Plus, I could get a full day of use without needing to charge?

Don't know honestly as you'd not be getting a new one. If it had a new battery in it, that would seem likely. My mom actually just upgraded her 6s to a 10r (Xr?) and while she used it, she seemed to get a fully day of battery out of it. But then again, she has a desk job with a desk phone and computer, so she didn't need to use it all day.

2 hours ago, Aliairstinger said:

So, if I was to pick up an iPhone 6s Plus, I could get a full day of use without needing to charge?

If it's a brand new or lightly used model, yes.  Someone who's been using their phone day in, day out will likely have worn down the battery a fair amount if they haven't had it replaced.

The best analogy for battery life is something Top Gear said a long time ago: "you don't need a rocket motor to power a soufflé."  A highly energy-efficient platform/device combo like the iPhone can wring more use out of a battery than many Android devices.  There are other factors at work, such as the screen resolution and size, the choice of processor, features like always-on displays... you get the idea.