Mouse DPI settings question

Frenky

Ok so you often hear about gamers setting their DPI low for more accurate mouse movements right, but what no one ever says is the mouse speed movement setting in windows (or the games). So you have people saying they set their DPI to 500, but if I try this with my G502, the mouse barely moves! Why does no one talk about the game/windows mouse settings? Its like you get half the information. What am I missing? Do they just set it to the highest speed (or lowest?) in the game/windows and then configure the DPI? 

Whenever I see people talking sensitivity they share their edpi, which is their dpi multiplied by their in game sens. The standard windows sens that everyone uses is 6/11.

16 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

Whenever I see people talking sensitivity they share their edpi, which is their dpi multiplied by their in game sens. The standard windows sens that everyone uses is 6/11.

Ahh I see, thank you!

18 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

You should only ever use 6/11, or dead center on the slider. Windows mouse scaling sucks and anything other than this leads to inaccuracy, jittery uneven movement on the low side, and pixel jumping on the high side

There are some websites online of professional Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players for example which show their mouse DPI as well as their Windows sensitivity settings.

Although for those players, you often find they use a lower in-game resolution so their lower DPI follows suit.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

On lower DPI mouse barely moves? Not really just that it's lower sensitivity on desktop which some prefer, you may not be used to it. They adjust it then in game too obviously to what they feel like. Really leave the Windows mouse setting to default. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I leave the windows mouse settings at default but set my dpi switch on my mouse to 500, 800 and 1,200. Depending on the game im

playing I’ll switch it 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x