Looking into getting new smartphone

I need help finding a smartphone that has a really good battery life, isnt very expensive, micro SD card slot, headphone jack (not a must but would prefer), good screen, finger print scanner, and doesn't slide easily like my note 8. I live in the US and have Verizon. 

I don't care about camera or selfie camera. And it doesn't have to be a flagship phone.

My budget is $800 but would rather spend less. 

Pixel 3a?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, GrockleTD said:

Pixel 3a?

I was looking at that but it doesn't have a micro SD slot I don't think

S10e is probably the best phone for you. I would also consider the iPhone XR, great battery life and insanely fast.

ZenFone 6 maybe?

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

S10e is probably the best phone for you. I would also consider the iPhone XR, great battery life and insanely fast.

I'll take a look at the S10e but not the iPhone. I have nothing against iPhone I just prefer android. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

I looked at the S10e. It looks good however if there is a less expensive option that would be better. 

5 hours ago, M1RR0RED said:

I need help finding a smartphone that has a really good battery life, isnt very expensive, micro SD card slot, headphone jack (not a must but would prefer), good screen, finger print scanner, and doesn't slide easily like my note 8. I live in the US and have Verizon. 

I don't care about camera or selfie camera. And it doesn't have to be a flagship phone.

The oneplus 7 pro checks most of the boxes and you can get a dbrand case so it does not slip. If you are a brand person then go for something like the huawei p30 pro or samsung galaxy s10 and get a case for it

15 hours ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

The oneplus 7 pro checks most of the boxes and you can get a dbrand case so it does not slip. If you are a brand person then go for something like the huawei p30 pro or samsung galaxy s10 and get a case for it

No sd card on 7 pro and don't buy a Huawei now please.

It's not going to end well....

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, Mad153 said:

No sd card on 7 pro and don't buy a Huawei now please.

It's not going to end well....

Just an honest question I have been meaning to ask many people around me. How much storage do you need on a phone. 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, -Kriss- said:

My last phone had 64 gigs and i though that was overkill lol I use like 10-15%× of my phones storage now that i have 256 gigs

Then why are people filled with joy when they hear a flagship has 512 gb storgage.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, DarkDragon2K04 said:

Just an honest question I have been meaning to ask many people around me. How much storage do you need on a phone. 

Not much, I can’t use more than 32 gigabytes. I’m currently at 24.8 and that’s with almost 1000 pictures and a few hundred songs on Spotify.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, -Kriss- said:

They are?

People love having tons of garbage on their phones and dont like using safer cloud services.

Literally what could possibly be the need for 512 gigs on a phone?

The 1tb skus of the galaxy s10s are just unnecessary.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, M1RR0RED said:

I know I'm kinda late to the party on this one, but you should seriously consider slightly older flagships when looking for cheap phones with a good feature set.

My all time favorite has to be the Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Might be because I'm a Sony fanboy and own 3 of those alone, but still.

Reasons:

Its dirt cheap. You can find it for anywhere between 300 and 400€ in Europe, same goes for the US. Make sure to get the G8141 though, I'll mention why later.

Formidable battery life. Mine consistently get me through 2 days on a single charge. Also, quick charge is a nice touch.

64 GB onboard storage with micro SD expansion slot.

Headphone jack and some seriously good amps.

4K HDR10 IPS display. Nuff said.

Finger print scanner which is elegantly integrated into the power switch on the side.

CAUTION: The sensor is disabled on US domestic market phones for some stupid legal reasons.

This is why you need to look for the G8141, which is the European model on which this thing is activated. Shouldn't be too hard to find a deal on it.

Its glass all around, but quite chunky. It might be slippery for some people, but nothing a 10$ clear case couldn't fix.

It comes in freaking red!

Look for the "Rosso" special edition. It was a JDM exclusive production run which swept over to Europe. Looks gorgeous in my opinion.

Other options include standard dark bluish black and a chrome finish which serves as a backup mirror in case you need to check your hair on the go or want to blind an ISS crew member for some giggles.

You mentioned that the camera isn't important to you. Its still got a great camera regardless.

It supports 1080p 60fps HDR and 4K video.

It even has 1080p 960fps slow motion capabilities.

Did I mention it's a Sony?

Tough, water and dust proof, just the lot.

I personally love their "old-school" design with huge bezels and great front stereo speakers.

Tastes are different though, so it might be a deal breaker for you if you're not into it as much as I am.

Hope you find the right one that fits your needs. Cheers!

Nothing special goin' on here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBA6Vo_srk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, M1RR0RED said:

LG G6

LGs software is atrocious and they aren't officially supporting it anymore, but as a daily driver it's a pretty solid device, and it's IP68 and did everything I needed it to. You can pick one up for like $200. It's slick as hell but slap a skin or a slim case on it and that'll do it. I'm actually trying to sell mine right now for $100 so PM if you're interested. Although this thread is kinda old so perhaps you already made your decision.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

On 5/29/2019 at 4:29 PM, -Kriss- said:

My last phone had 64 gigs and i though that was overkill lol I use like 10-15%× of my phones storage now that i have 256 gigs

Thought the same unless you plan on downloading many videos and keeping many photos. Even with a micro SD I never went over 50% of the total storage of my phone.

Btw, can vouch for old Sony flagship phones mentioned above.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, M1RR0RED said:

Pocophone F1 ?