Buy this from Craigslist? Or built my own?

Pedakin

As of posting this, 5 hours ago someone posted a Custom Mini ITX PC and i've been in the market for the past month or so for a more reliable piece of editing/streaming equipment under $500, all I need is something capable of that. I'll probably seldom or never game on it. Working with a limited budget of $500, both of these options are in that range, and if you know anything better PLEASE feel free to tell me.

This for $400: https://imgur.com/a/RU1ewmC

OR

This (for $522.64):

CXOWIv9.jpg

Just now, Mr. horse said:

whta do thay want for the ITX system?

$400

I would build the RX 580 system for sure.. But that's just me.. If the pre-built can satisfy you then go for it.. Only you know what you need.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

I would try talking hi down to 350-375$ it would be a good deal.

Ether way at 400$ your getting a full system vs system with no case.

I have a thermaltake Commander G41 I bought from the thriftstore for $15 a few months back, brand new.

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

I would build the RX 580 system for sure.. But that's just me.. If the pre-built can satisfy you then go for it.. Only you know what you need.. 

Well... thats why i'm asking the forums.. cause I DON'T know. As i've said I need a streaming and editing PC. And I am unsure which is more powerful / worth it. (I'm actively doing comparisons on google but i'm still not an expert at this).

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Build your own. 

And the part's i've chosen to use will definitely out perform the Craigslist PC right?

1 minute ago, Pedakin said:

And the part's i've chosen to use will definitely out perform the Craigslist PC right?

yep, in all ways

but i can probably do better

budget?

I don't see the need for a rx580  for streaming and editing. Seems over kill to me.

Whilst rendering in Sony Vegas (correct me if i'm wrong) it takes the power of both the GPU & CPU. And in fact I am almost 99% sure if you'd like to do so you can have it STRICTLY render with either?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yep, in all ways

budget?

$500, give or take $20 here or there. I'd like to keep it in that ballpark as I am not a wealthy man by any means. However I CAN travel anywhere in the USA for parts as I have free flights anywhere in the U.S. I.E: "Oh theres an amazing place that can sell you all the parts you need for under $500 however it's in Texas" Well I can fly to Texas if need be.

So you also plan to do rendering too. ok. Now I get it.

Is rendering not a part of video editing? (not trying to be a smart ass, legit question) because if that's the case i'll start putting that in my posts.

5 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Yeah, but quite a bit.

Would swap the cx550m for the cx550. The non-m is better than the modular variant. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Yeah, but quite a bit.

Would swap the cx550m for the cx550. The non-m is better than the modular variant. 

I see, for the specific tasks I have at hand, Or just in general? Also any other corrections ya can think of?

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

Depends on who you ask. I don't see it that way. But I'm more old school.

I'll start throwing it in my titles just in case. I mean ya can edit a video but it doesn't become complete until you render it and make it the actual .mp4

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

I would say it far faster in general.

Really? Never did I ever think that the power supply was related to any other performance other than keeping the PC regulated with power.

2 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

$500, give or take $20 here or there. I'd like to keep it in that ballpark as I am not a wealthy man by any means. However I CAN travel anywhere in the USA for parts as I have free flights anywhere in the U.S. I.E: "Oh theres an amazing place that can sell you all the parts you need for under $500 however it's in Texas" Well I can fly to Texas if need be.

something like this should be possible with some microcentre in store deals

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Aww you even included my case, I feel special. Thank you! I'm curious by the way, what is the difference performance wise between a 512gb SSD and oh say a 256gb?

4 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Sorry, we have a miss under standing. It was referring to the newegg build being faster then the CL system.

Oh, yeah I was asking him about the changing of the power supply. But gotcha.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yep, in all ways

budget?

If I hadn't seen you post umpteen builds over the past year... I'd think you're hubris is getting a bit out of control.

At this point, I'm waiting on the build :)

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

7 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Aww you even included my case, I feel special. Thank you! I'm curious by the way, what is the difference performance wise between a 512gb SSD and oh say a 256gb?

not much, it's more difference per model, and i can't find much about your included one, so i don't trust it

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

If I hadn't seen you post umpteen builds over the past year... I'd think you're hubris is getting a bit out of control.

it's on the other page

2 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Thank you! I'm seeing a theme here with the builds being posted. However I gotta ask, so with what you just posted you chose the Ryzen 3 as opposed to the very common Ryzen 5 and I decided to do a quick comparison on google and it seems that in the Ryzen 3 2200G vs the Ryzen 5 1600. The Ryzen 3 2200G VASTLY under performs? https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/3919vsm441832

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

not much, it's more difference per model, and i can't find much about your included one, so i don't trust it

it's on the other page

Oh don't get me wrong I have no loyalty to ANY of these parts, I would switch them in a heartbeat if I found better performance out of a cheaper one. As of right now your build is what I would / will build. Within the week I am trying to make a decision. But I TRULY appreciate your advice, i'll bookmark it right now.

3 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

I believe he already posted it.

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I like this, and even better if you have a Microcenter nearby.  Can't wait til everyone has the 1600 under $100, fantastic CPU.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi