Front intake fan on a BeQuiet 600 Base

MorbidNature

I'm considering what fans to get for my BeQuiet Base 600 front intake.

Right now i'm using the 2 original case fans that came with it (a 140mm and a 120mm BeQuiet Wings 2 fans, if I'm not mistaken). Since the airflow is rather restricted on it due to the sound dampening front, i was thinking of going high RMP fans to overcome the restrictive airflow with 2 of Noctua's 140mm PPC 3000 RPM fan

Worth the 50 bucks or just plain overkill?

P.s as far as the top and back, have some cheap but really nice fans over there and I don't think there is an exhaust airflow problem (1 in the back, 3 on top all pointing out)

You want the highest static pressure fans you can to overcome the restrictive and Noctua is about the best you can get. 3000 RPM fans might be a bit much, try going for the 2000rpm ones. Great fans and moderately quiet at higher RPM levels. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

You want the highest static pressure fans you can to overcome the restrictive and Noctua is about the best you can get. 3000 RPM fans might be a bit much, try going for the 2000rpm ones. Great fans and moderately quiet at higher RPM levels. 

Like the NF A14?

Should I Go for the Industrial version? or overkill?

the NF-A14 you can run at high RPMs and still be very quiet, would be a great choice here. The Industrial is great as well with a slightly different pitch to the noise and slightly louder, but still very very good and very very quiet. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

If you're aiming for quiet, you shouldn't be looking at the iPPC fans. The normal fans are quieter and should be enough cooling for most systems. High rpm fans aren't going to be very quiet.

What are your specs and temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're aiming for quiet, you shouldn't be looking at the iPPC fans. The normal fans are quieter and should be enough cooling for most systems. High rpm fans aren't going to be very quiet.

What are your specs and temps?

As far as Specs

AMD 2600 @ 3.85 Ghz (hoping to move to 4 fairly soon)

CPU cooling: Noctua NH-U14S (with dual fans)

Asus PRIME-B450-PLUS

32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000Mhz Geil SUPER LUCE RGB

Palit GTX 1070 Ti Jetstream
Corsair TX650M 80+ Gold

WD Black NVMe M.2 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

WD Blue 2TB 5400RPM HDD (X2)

Under full synthetic load around 65 on the motherboard and 85 on the diode (From AMD Master & AIDA64) With my current setup (2 intake fans and 4 exhaust)

To be honest im less worried about temps though it is a thing I keep in my mind - mostly it's dust and dirt.

Even though i kept my previous PC in a fairly clean area off the ground I would have to clean it fairly regularly so I'm hoping to cut it down a bit. thing is I have several animals + I live in an area that has a fair amount of dust particulates in the air.

So what is wrong with the temps?

That motherboard is not a great one(none of Asus b450 lineup is) but it should handle a 6-core oc'd fairly well. It gets warmer than a good board with way better vrm but its not throttling your cpu.

Just now, thinwalrus said:

So what is wrong with the temps?

That motherboard is not a great one(none of Asus b450 lineup is) but it should handle a 6-core oc'd fairly well. It gets warmer than a good board with way better vrm but its not throttling your cpu.

As I said, Temps aren't exactly my main concern - it's mostly dust, grime animal hair, etc, that's the reason i didn't mention temps at first it's airflow to keep the internals clean.

38 minutes ago, MorbidNature said:

As I said, Temps aren't exactly my main concern - it's mostly dust, grime animal hair, etc, that's the reason i didn't mention temps at first it's airflow to keep the internals clean.

Well that stock setup should work just fine for that. 2 intakes through filter and 1 exhaust.

If you have 4 exhaust fans with just 2 intakes you will easily start to intake air from every hole in the case.  

4 hours ago, MorbidNature said:

More airflow = more dust. 

Your temps seem fine. The stock case fan configuration should be fine unless you want to run them at lower rpm for lower noise. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.