Pramain F

hi 

my gaming specs- 

i5 4590

gigabyte H97 gaming 3

980 GTX

DDR 3 16gb

Samung SSD

im playing division 2 and cpu is 100% on low , medium , high graphics settings, its so annyoing , i cant even run discord background , games lags time to time , the game is kinda broken i should say 

then i tested ghost reckon wildlands, assasins creed odyssey, same 100% cpu issue 

and i dont get 100% cpu usage on metro exodus on very high graphics and few other games like a ways out, world war z , pubg

i have division 1 and cpu and game run smooth without 100% cpu usage

what is this issue guys ? is it my windows 10 ? or do i need a cpu upgrade ? or ubisoft ?

share your ideas 

thanks

its not the game, its your CPU. Lock your FPS and problem solved. Go download Nvidia Inspector and lock your FPS to like 70 or something and you will drop your CPU usage and experience smooth, buttery smooth game play. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

its not the game, its your CPU. Lock your FPS and problem solved. Go download Nvidia Inspector and lock your FPS to like 70 or something and you will drop your CPU usage and experience smooth, buttery smooth game play. 

i have a 60fps monitor and gaming on 1080p 60fps

i set my fps to 50 in-game and cpu usage goes to 85-95 

so i cant play those ubisoft games 60fps ? 

whats the solution ? upgrade current cpu to i7 4th gen or 9th gen or ryzen ?

Just now, Pramain F said:

4 core i5s are not really good for gaming anymore as games become more multi threaded. If you do want to upgrade, the simplest solution would be an i7 on your platform. Best solution would be to wait until the new Ryzen chips are announced in a week and launched sometime in the next 1-2 months to decide on whats best for you. Even if you dont get a new new ryzen, 2xxx chips will likely fall in price as a result of the new chips so you can get a great deal on them most likely in the very near future. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Pramain F said:

For a little bit a i7 4770k would be enoigh but that will change, so id reccomend waiting for ryzen 3rd gen to upgrade

3 minutes ago, Pramain F said:

Hold your horses till Monday. Computex zen 2 will be launched + release dates 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

ok lets say if i go for ryzen 2000 or upcoming ryzen 3000 or intel i7 

what about my gtx 980 ?  will it work fine 1080p on mentioned CPUs ? any bottleneck ?

could be due to Ram sensetivity. Division 2 is so Ramsensetive it preffers Ramfrequency to CPU frezuency at times. 

to the point i believe an r3 1200 with 3000mhz memmory is as fast as a 2600 or 9400f with 2666mhz memmory. 

dont know how much it affects ddr3 CPUs, but looking at ddr4 CPUs its not great news. 

Just now, Pramain F said:

you should probably go for Ryzen 3000. 

1 minute ago, Pramain F said:

what about my gtx 980 ?  will it work fine 1080p on mentioned CPUs ? any bottleneck ?

at 1080p, sure. but it would be the next compnent to upgrade. 

41 minutes ago, Pramain F said:

For 1080p it would be fine, but probably would be the next part to upgrade. Apparently some Navi products are to be launched at computex as well; so keep your eyes peeled !

what PSU do you actually have currently ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Not surprised your CPU can't handle it when my i5 8400 barely can run the original Division.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

10 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

For 1080p it would be fine, but probably would be the next part to upgrade. Apparently some Navi products are to be launched at computex as well; so keep your eyes peeled !

what PSU do you actually have currently ?

https://seasonic.com/s12ii#

7 hours ago, Underi said:

Not surprised your CPU can't handle it when my i5 8400 barely can run the original Division.

did you mean division 1 or division 2 ?

11 hours ago, Pramain F said:

im playing division 2 and cpu is 100% on low , medium , high graphics settings, its so annyoing , i cant even run discord background , games lags time to time , the game is kinda broken i should say 

then i tested ghost reckon wildlands, assasins creed odyssey, same 100% cpu issue

Ubisoft games are known for being heavy on the CPU for some reason or another.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:22 AM, Underi said:

That's strange, I get 100-115 fps in 1440p in the original Division and I game with an i5-6400. Lower some fps-killing graphic settings.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:39 AM, Pramain F said:

what is this issue guys ? is it my windows 10 ? or do i need a cpu upgrade ? or ubisoft ?

According to Ubisoft and the Epic Store, you'll need the following minimum specifications to play The Division 2:

• Intel Core i5-2200K or AMD FX-6350 CPU.
  • 8GB RAM.
  • 2GB GPU VRAM.
  • At least AMD Radeon R9 270 or NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670.

If you want to crank some of the settings up, it's recommended that you have the following specs:

• Intel Core I7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X.
  • 12GB RAM.
  • 4GB GPU VRAM.
  • At least AMD RX 480 or NVIDIA GTX 970.

You meet ALL the requirements to play The Division 2. You meet half the requirements to crank some of the settings up. Add at least 4GB of RAM and upgrade your CPU to an i7(since your mobo doesn't allow better i5's) if you wish to get the ideal gaming experience. Until then, you can at least play the game. If I were in your shoes, I'd play on a mix of medium/low/OFF graphic settings and cap your fps to say 45-55 with MSI Afterburner. If you still experience 100% CPU usage, continue lowering individual graphic settings. If that still doesn't work, you're gonna have to try capping your fps to around 30-40 until the CPU usage goes down.

If you must play at a higher frame rate, with your current hardware, you could try 900p resolution. Or even 720p if you really want higher fps.

Also, be sure to take ALL minimum and recommended system requirements with a grain of salt. Everyone has a different gaming experience because everyone sets up their PC in general in many different ways, both hardware and software wise.

And another thing, don't expect any type of good result in Assassins Creed games with your current hardware.

3 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

If you must play at a higher frame rate, with your current hardware, you could try 900p resolution. Or even 720p if you really want higher fps.

i tried 720p 900p on low settings 60fps . still same issue. this game eats my cpu

only solution is setting fps to 50 on low quality settings 

10 hours ago, Pramain F said:

i tried 720p 900p on low settings 60fps . still same issue. this game eats my cpu

• Have you tried checking to see if you have any background processes hogging your CPU? Just go into your task manager, see if anything stands out.
  • Are you restarting the game after you change graphic settings?
  • What is your CPU clocked at while gaming? You gotta check CPU clock in MSI Afterburner to find this out.
  • Your CPU can also hit 70-72 degrees at the most. Just remember that you're gonna want to keep it below 60-65 degrees for the most part.
  • In the in-game settings, do you have direct X 12 enabled?

10 hours ago, Pramain F said:

Lower graphical settings will exacerbate CPU usage because the CPU still has to compile jobs for the GPU to do. The more frames you want out of the GPU, the more jobs in a given window of time the CPU has to make.

In any case, it's very likely because Ubisoft games tend to have higher CPU demands that the only way to get any more performance is to upgrade the CPU.

18 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

In any case, it's very likely because Ubisoft games tend to have higher CPU demands that the only way to get any more performance is to upgrade the CPU.

Not for everyone...

It's possible, just gotta find the right remedy. You can clearly see the CPU is bottlenecking but the game is still playable if he caps his frames. And of course, do everything else to optimize his PC for gaming. His i5-3350p in this video is also hitting 64-66 degrees. Once it hits 67(the max temp) it should crash the game(or start to fry his CPU). This can be remedied with a better cooler and like I said, capping his frame rate.

And from I'm seeing in this video and from what the OP is saying, it's wise to cap the frame rate at 30 with this hardware in The Division 2. I mean, we are talking about a 2019 game being played on a 2014 CPU here. Hell, the i5-3350p in this video was released in 2012.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Once it hits 67(the max temp) it should crash the game(or start to fry his CPU). This can be remedied with a better cooler and like I said, capping his frame rate.

The maximum temperature you're referring to is what Intel specified at the heatspreader. The actual CPU core can be hotter. On top of that, even if it hits the thermal threshold, it would start to thermal throttle aggressively rather than curl up and die.

6 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The maximum temperature you're referring to is what Intel specified at the heatspreader. The actual CPU core can be hotter. On top of that, even if it hits the thermal threshold, it would aggressively start to thermal throttle rather than curl up and die.

Precisely what I was trying to say. Thermal throttling is not what we want either. I read something about the "junction" being able to hit 105 degrees while the "case" can only hit 67. Regardless, if it were my CPU, once it goes above 60 degrees, I'm making some changes to lower that heat. Been doing that for my i5 since late 2016 and it's been in tip-top shape because of it. It is almost always gaming in the 50's because I have it clocked at just 3.0 GHz instead of it's max turbo of 3.2.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Precisely what I was trying to say. Thermal throttling is not what we want either. I read something about the "junction" being able to hit 105 degrees while the "case" can only hit 67. Regardless, if it were my CPU, once it goes above 60 degrees, I'm making some changes to lower that heat. Been doing that for my i5 since late 2016 and it's been in tip-top shape because of it. It is almost always gaming in the 50's because I have it clocked at just 3.0 GHz instead of it's max turbo of 3.2.

Which even if OP is using the stock cooler, should not be thermal throttling in gaming unless there's something really wrong with their setup.

Note this was using a stock i5-4690K.

I mean, wouldn't hurt to check, but I'm not expecting the CPU to be thermal throttling.

5 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:
  • Have you tried checking to see if you have any background processes hogging your CPU? Just go into your task manager, see if anything stands out.
  • Are you restarting the game after you change graphic settings?
  • What is your CPU clocked at while gaming? You gotta check CPU clock in MSI Afterburner to find this out.
  • Your CPU can also hit 70-72 degrees at the most. Just remember that you're gonna want to keep it below 60-65 degrees for the most part.
  • In the in-game settings, do you have direct X 12 enabled?
  • Have you tried checking to see if you have any background processes hogging your CPU? yes i clear as many as i can and no help
  • Are you restarting the game after you change graphic settings? yes , same issue
  • What is your CPU clocked at while gaming?  in intros 3.7ghz , in-gameplay 3.5ghz
  • Your CPU can also hit 70-72 degrees at the most. my temp is around 55-62 while playing div 2
  • In the in-game settings, do you have direct X 12 enabled? disable , dx12 is broken in this game, you can chech their forum thousands of players complaining and its a known issue there, same happened in division 1, ubisoft massive cant fix directx 12 . lol

1 hour ago, Pramain F said:
  • Have you tried checking to see if you have any background processes hogging your CPU? yes i clear as many as i can and no help
  • Are you restarting the game after you change graphic settings? yes , same issue
  • What is your CPU clocked at while gaming?  in intros 3.7ghz , in-gameplay 3.5ghz
  • Your CPU can also hit 70-72 degrees at the most. my temp is around 55-62 while playing div 2
  • In the in-game settings, do you have direct X 12 enabled? disable , dx12 is broken in this game, you can chech their forum thousands of players complaining and its a known issue there, same happened in division 1, ubisoft massive cant fix directx 12 . lol

Well everything checks out as normal there. You do have a few choices at this point though. The most obvious is to upgrade to an i7. Now lets say you want to go with an i7-4790 brand new. You're looking at about $208.00 - $308.00. But if you're willing to go used, you're only looking at about $98.00 - $148.00.

Then there's the option to go with something like an i5-4690K, which would basically give a much higher clock speed provided your motherboard allows you to overclock it to above and beyond 4.0 GHz. The reason I bring this one up is because a used i5-4690K will only run you about $65.00 - $95.00 right now, if that. But you must understand that a used K CPU has most likely been overclocked by its previous owner, but that doesn't exactly mean it's a bad thing. The trick on this one is to buy from a trusted seller.

Until then, you can either play on the lowest settings at the 50 fps cap you're at now or bump up a few settings to give the game some better visuals and cap your fps at 30-35.

The trick will be to bump up the settings that make the game look better or at least how you want it to look while taking into account exactly what each individual setting is doing to your fps. And there's a few options on the matter... You can take the time and figure them ALL out for yourself(which is actually as fun as playing the game), or you can look throughout the internet for guides on The Division 2 and see if anyone has done all the research for you.

Some people have been saying and claiming that The Division 2 runs very similarly to The Division, so if anything, you could follow guides on The Division for a quick start to tweaking your graphic settings to maximize that fps cap while making the game look to your liking.

I myself used this guide here... The Division Graphics and Performance Guide to completely master the graphic settings in The Division. I ended up with the following settings and I feel that they are very close to mastered when it comes to having them as low as possible without losing visual fidelity. The only thing that I feel is not mastered is shadows on the back of my character. When light hits the back of my character, I do notice flickering while I'm playing. It is a very tiny detail and it doesn't break the experience in any way so I stick with the setting because I know that I'm maximizing my fps in doing so and pretty much every other thing to do with Shadows in the game looks good to me.

These are the settings I came up with to as I said, maximize fps without losing visual fidelity...

486260988_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.90242efd34509b8bfd5db9e67ecb6689.png

90827366_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.0dbb05b2f860e39a3546039a5de88363.png

179307722_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.fa0785dbd4c33dcd4a522e2eb859d767.png

Lens Flare and Vignette didn't fit in the last screenshot but instead of taking another screenshot I'll just inform you that both of those are OFF. If either of them you like personally you can totally turn them on and they shouldn't affect fps much at all. I personally just prefer them to be OFF.

Now what you can do is copy these settings exactly and see how things turn out. I can go ahead and tell you to bump Particles to as low as they'll go because those are usually CPU intensive. Volumetric Fog you may want to go as low as possible with as well because I do remember that particular setting putting a decent hit on fps.

Here is a video showing what I've gotten the graphics to look like and I'm also pointing out what I was talking about with the shadows on my character in this video... Forgive the quality of YouTube. While it does record at 1440p at 60 fps, it really doesn't show what the game actually looks and plays like. Especially the fps.

Just look at the back of my character. While the flickering is noticeable when light hits my back, I've learned to live with it. It used to bother me, now I just ignore it because as I said, my fps is a lot higher because of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck to getting your gaming experience to how you want it to be.

6 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Well everything checks out as normal there. You do have a few choices at this point though. The most obvious is to upgrade to an i7. Now lets say you want to go with an i7-4790 brand new. You're looking at about $208.00 - $308.00. But if you're willing to go used, you're only looking at about $98.00 - $148.00.

Then there's the option to go with something like an i5-4690K, which would basically give a much higher clock speed provided your motherboard allows you to overclock it to above and beyond 4.0 GHz. The reason I bring this one up is because a used i5-4690K will only run you about $65.00 - $95.00 right now, if that. But you must understand that a used K CPU has most likely been overclocked by its previous owner, but that doesn't exactly mean it's a bad thing. The trick on this one is to buy from a trusted seller.

Until then, you can either play on the lowest settings at the 50 fps cap you're at now or bump up a few settings to give the game some better visuals and cap your fps at 30-35.

yeah well i dont have Z mother board to use K cpus
and i think i should wait for next ryzen , its not worth for me to upgrade to i7 4th gen

so il play the game 50fps capped few months 

thanks mate 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:11 AM, Pramain F said:

so il play the game 50fps capped few months 

I just found this screenshot of The Division 2 graphic settings and just how much they impact fps...

image.thumb.png.03482f8e614b07b0e5fb83103caba4fc.png

I knew I remember Shadow Quality and Volumetric Fog were the biggest fps killers. Basically bump down the settings with long blue bars and bump up the settings with tiny blue bars. Hope this can help you improve your fps. I can see why people are claiming The Division and The Division 2 run similarly. This graph is almost perfectly catered to my graphic settings in The Division. If only I knew about it before tweaking my graphic settings manually myself.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:11 AM, Pramain F said:

yeah well i dont have Z mother board to use K cpus and i think i should wait for next ryzen , its not worth for me to upgrade to i7 4th gen

Suit yourself. I hope the hundreds of dollars you're gonna have to dish out on a whole new PC will be worth it over paying around $100 for a used i7. Whatever makes you happy. Best of luck to you.