Badly kinked hose safe to use?

It's funny how an AIO has gave me more issues than any custom loop I've ever touched. Then again I guess that's what to expect with used water cooling parts. Anyways it came with a cracked block that "didn't leak". Well I assembled and filled it, and then kinked the tubes pretty hard to see if it leaked. It leaked bad. Today I epoxied it and no leaks. I kinked insanely hard and everything is holding up perfect. I'll run it tomorrow but from my experience, kinking a full setup always works.

With that said...I kinked a tube too hard and it popped lol. Didn't bust but now you can see a ring through it when under a flashlight. You can also feel the ring from the outside lol.

So I know I should have just bought a new block (even though it's cool now), and I know I should have just ran it instead of being lazy. Good god though...I'm not in the mood to change this tube. Anyone ever leave a badly kinked tube perfectly alone and never have an issue?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Pics?

Usually, as long as it's kinked in the opposite direction from the original kink (so like a 360 kinda deal) to UNkink it, you should be okay. I have similar experiences with the hoses that fill our floor machines at work.

Some aio have a plastic hose inside the rubber hose to stop leaking or permeation if yours has that YOU JUST RUINED IT!! and i'd toss it out.. live and learn.

9 hours ago, kidroc666 said:

Some aio have a plastic hose inside the rubber hose to stop leaking or permeation if yours has that YOU JUST RUINED IT!! and i'd toss it out.. live and learn.

Lol it's an open loop AIO...all custom loop parts.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:20 PM, TempestCatto said:

Pics?

Usually, as long as it's kinked in the opposite direction from the original kink (so like a 360 kinda deal) to UNkink it, you should be okay. I have similar experiences with the hoses that fill our floor machines at work.

Eh I already replaced the hoses. Turns out my lazy epoxy job cured awful (obviously cause I had water in the thing) and it leaked lol. I went over it with clear silicone caulk and it's perfect now eh. I don't get it cause everything I've read said silicone (especially the flexible when cured kind) shouldn't stick to epoxy but this shit works great. Then again, I'll probably have a dead PC in a week :D

4 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Eh I already replaced the hoses. Turns out my lazy epoxy job cured awful (obviously cause I had water in the thing) and it leaked lol. I went over it with clear silicone caulk and it's perfect now eh. I don't get it cause everything I've read said silicone (especially the flexible when cured kind) shouldn't stick to epoxy but this shit works great. Then again, I'll probably have a dead PC in a week :D

I mean honestly if I were you I would have just replace the hoses and block before trying to salvage given that you more than likely have thousands of dollars worth of hardware underneath it all. But, glad it's all better now.