If there are any at all, What are some good Shadowplay alternatives for Linux?

All I really want to specify here is an alternative that has a replay feature. Also, I'd STRONGLY prefer that the cache is saved to disk, not RAM (I figured out OBS does that the hard way, PC crashed from running out of RAM).

2 minutes ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

if by that you mean an hardware encoder, OBS with nvenc is pretty enough, or you can use the vaapi backend on amd

Oh, of course I forgot to specify what features I'm looking for lol. Just updated the main thread.

14 minutes ago, P4r4gr4ph said:

All I really want to specify here is an alternative that has a replay feature. Also, I'd STRONGLY prefer that the cache is saved to disk, not RAM (I figured out OBS does that the hard way, BSOD from running out of RAM).

OBS should be fine, I’m running it with 8 gigs of ram.

27 minutes ago, P4r4gr4ph said:

All I really want to specify here is an alternative that has a replay feature. Also, I'd STRONGLY prefer that the cache is saved to disk, not RAM (I figured out OBS does that the hard way, BSOD from running out of RAM).

12 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

OBS should be fine, I’m running it with 8 gigs of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram too, never run out of ram too when using obs

But anyway, I never heard about OBS using ram for their recordings? I mean, It's a GUI basically for ffmpeg and so far it never did something strange like using ram for cache?

Btw something so big like a shadowplay/gfexperience in-game GUI can rarely see a Linux clone or implementation as it would be extremely complex for a community work to be done, and so far I don't think any company including AMD or NVIDIA is interested in developing such feature other than the graphics driver stack, further more, Nvidia has issues with recording the screen if you don't disable the "allow flipping" option which is enabled out the box, so probably they do not even care at all about you being able to record your games. Disabling that may cause also visible tearing

Maybe another 10 years to wait to get the same features as windows?

As for the replay feature, it's just always recording in background I'm pretty sure you can reproduce that using obs somehow

10 hours ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

As for the replay feature, it's just always recording in background I'm pretty sure you can reproduce that using obs somehow

I use OBS on my Windows 10 desktop all the time to replace the ShadowPlay's replay function. I think you need to enable advanced functions or something in the video settings to enable it. It will take a good chunk of your ram although it works fine with 8GB. I used it with 8GB and upgraded to 16GB a while ago, didn't feel a difference. I've set it to "remember" 10 minutes of gameplay, 15 minutes could be pushing it for 8gb.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz