mobo and GPu

ok i have a choice between these 2 combos and these two only Pick one or the other. dont mix or match asus with asus or msi with msi. also choose either PSU

1)

Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $229.00

with either a 

$429.00 Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card

or a 

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2060 O6G GAMING GDDR6 for $559.00

2)

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge for $249.00

with either a 

GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-GAMING-X-6G for $429.00

or a 

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G GDDR6 Dual Fan for $539.00

psu

EVGA Supernova P2 650W for $209

Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply for $145.00

looking for quality as well as best bang for the buck
also i hear intel is coming out with a gpu lineup so should i wait and see?

8 minutes ago, Cigano said:

Where are these prices from? 

where i buy my parts i live in canada. i buy the majority of my parts at the local pc parts store. either canada computers or something like that. i dont order online

Just now, truckerlenny said:

where i buy my parts

are you in the US? I'm just confused because these prices seem insanely high. 

Just now, Cigano said:

i live in canada

1 minute ago, Cigano said:

parts in canada are hugely more expensive than the USA

i live in canada

I had no idea the prices where this bad in Canada, I'm sorry my friend. The 2060 is about 18% faster than the 1660ti for around 130$ more. That might be worth it for you or it might not. Both motherboards are decent although from what I've seen people have had more trouble on average with the TUF series boards than any MSI board but anything can happen. I would also definitely go with the cheaper of the two power supplies. If you're building a whole pc and you live near the US border I would honestly suggest driving over and getting parts you would still save money. 

6 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

parts in canada are hugely more expensive than the USA

I’m in Canada too, a 2060 and 1660Ti are not 539 and 429. 

OP, get on PcPartpicker and just get the local Canada computers to price match. A 1660Ti should be 350 ish.

I had no idea the prices where this bad in Canada, I'm sorry my friend. The 2060 is about 18% faster than the 1660ti for around 130$ more. That might be worth it for you or it might not. Both motherboards are decent although from what I've seen people have had more trouble on average with the TUF series boards than any MSI board but anything can happen. I would also definitely go with the cheaper of the two power supplies. If you're building a whole pc and you live near the US border I would honestly suggest driving over and getting parts you would still save money. 

They shouldn’t be this bad. Also, OP is talking in Canadian dollars, 500 CAD is like 375 USD. 

not allowed across the border. and they charge massive import fees here lol. thanks for the input tho ive heard good and bad things about both board just wanted to throw it out there and get a more stats wise data of peoples opinions

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

OP, get on PcPartpicker and just get the local Canada computers to price match. A 1660Ti should be 350 ish.

would you like to provide links to the said items i have been on pcpart picker and at the local stores in toronto. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

also the question was not about whether i could or could not get it cheaper it was about which setup would you think is better for the prices that i have quoted. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

They shouldn’t be this bad. Also, OP is talking in Canadian dollars, 500 CAD is like 375 USD. 

ohhh okay thanks, I'm used to people putting CAD when talking about Canadian pricing so I thought he meant to put these prices in USD. 

also the question was not about whether i could or could not get it cheaper it was about which setup would you think is better for the prices that i have quoted. 

not to mention i dont mind paying a few dollars for a part as long as i get excellent service. and if i have a issue i know it will be handled as it has been in the past. 

Just now, Cigano said:

ohhh okay thanks, I'm used to people putting CAD when talking about Canadian pricing so I thought he meant to put these prices in USD. 

no this is CAD sorry 

3 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

Out of your selections, the MSI. The TUF board isn’t very good.

4 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

not allowed across the border. and they charge massive import fees here lol. thanks for the input tho ive heard good and bad things about both board just wanted to throw it out there and get a more stats wise data of peoples opinions

damn, I didn't know that, very interesting. You'll just have to open up your dashboard and hide PC Parts in there when you illegally cross the border LOL. But yeah with most motherboards it really is just luck of the draw there are only a few definitively unreliable boards. 

damn, I didn't know that, very interesting. You'll just have to open up your dashboard and hide PC Parts in there when you illegally cross the border LOL. But yeah with most motherboards it really is just luck of the draw there are only a few definitively unreliable boards. 

Yeah they put pretty bad taxes when you cross the border with a significant value of stuff unless you stay in the US for a few days/weeks.

yes ive been sorting through it all now seems as if each manufacture has 10+ different board for the same socket and their marketing info is useless. 

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

yes ive been sorting through it all now seems as if each manufacture has 10+ different board for the same socket and their marketing info is useless. 

My advice is to go with MSI over TUF as Danial has said. Also when looking at boards be honest with yourself about what features you will actually need/use. A lot of the premium on more expensive motherboards has nothing to do with Important stuff like power delivery but has to do with stuff like extra USB ports, more m.2 slots, more fan headers, ect. Make sure whatever motherboard you get has good VRM's and power delivery because that's what matters the absolute most. TUF vrm's run really hot and are not the best quality if I remember right. If you have more than a 60FPS monitor get the 2060, if not save 130$ and go with the 1660Ti if that's the only two cards you would consider.   

My advice is to go with MSI over TUF as Danial has said. Also when looking at boards be honest with yourself about what features you will actually need/use. A lot of the premium on more expensive motherboards has nothing to do with Important stuff like power delivery but has to do with stuff like extra USB ports, more m.2 slots, more fan headers, ect. Make sure whatever motherboard you get has good VRM's and power delivery because that's what matters the absolute most. TUF vrm's run really hot and are not the best quality if I remember right. If you have more than a 60FPS monitor get the 2060, if not save 130$ and go with the 1660Ti if that's the only two cards you would consider.   

lol so my full build originally was as below. then someone had suggested the msi board because of the vrm's so i considered it. now im undecided lol. so my requirements are quite strange and weird. i want all parts with rgb in the pc to be compatible with the mobo software for controlling the lights. im sticking with the mostly black theme except for the noctua fans. (i know i have to many and thats ok) yes i know they are brown and beige. i want wifi and bluetooth built in gotta be able to support the items that come with the case as for usb etc i dont want any dead usb because i didnt have space on the mobo. fairly priced so under 300 canadian at stores im willing to shop at. and gotta be a major brand. that limits me alot. i also like dealing with one store for everything i possibly can so it will mainly be canada computers unless they dont have it or cant get it just because of the convenience of being able to walk down the street. and if i have a issue i can go in and talk to someone in person not trying to fiddle and fart around with people over the phone. i will NOT be overclocking anything. i know the cpu cooler is overkill if im not overclocking but it just looks cool lol. i know the 9700k is a overclocking sku but i dont think they make a non overclocking 9700 so 9700k it is. yes i have a 32inch curved 1080p monitor choosen and i think its a great upgrade from what im using currently. i know ram is also overkill but as with the cpu and all other things im trying to future proof my current setup is 6 years old and it is doing just fine for me. 

my current setup is a i5 2320

gtx 680

500 gb hdd

8 gb ram (2x4gb) 1333 mhz

and a 32 inch samsung tv from 2011 only 720p

keyboard and mouse currently is a microsoft 850 wireless combo mouse and keyboard

i play cs:go, wow, age of empires, and id like to get back into racing and more shooting games like cs:go. as well as more simulation games like sim city. 

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Noctua - NH-D15s 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (dual fan mode)
Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card

Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.66 CFM 80 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm Fan
Aerocool - V12XT Fan Controller
Samsung - LC32F391FWNXZA 32.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Logitech - G703 lightspeed mouse
logitech POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System – Black
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky Mechanical Keyboard w/ MX Blue Switch - Black (DASK4MKPROCLI) Lasered Keys

ASUS ROG Addressable RGB 5050 LED 60cm Lighting Strip with Magnetic Backing and Adhesive Strips for use with Aura Sync RGB (3-Pin addressable LED headers ONLY)
demcifilter HAF XB EVO fan filter kit

Well a 2600/9400F and Vega 64/2070 build would perform better than a 9700k and 1660Ti in games.

lol so my full build originally was as below. then someone had suggested the msi board because of the vrm's so i considered it. now im undecided lol. so my requirements are quite strange and weird. i want all parts with rgb in the pc to be compatible with the mobo software for controlling the lights. im sticking with the mostly black theme except for the noctua fans. (i know i have to many and thats ok) yes i know they are brown and beige. i want wifi and bluetooth built in gotta be able to support the items that come with the case as for usb etc i dont want any dead usb because i didnt have space on the mobo. fairly priced so under 300 canadian at stores im willing to shop at. and gotta be a major brand. that limits me alot. i also like dealing with one store for everything i possibly can so it will mainly be canada computers unless they dont have it or cant get it just because of the convenience of being able to walk down the street. and if i have a issue i can go in and talk to someone in person not trying to fiddle and fart around with people over the phone. i will NOT be overclocking anything. i know the cpu cooler is overkill if im not overclocking but it just looks cool lol. i know the 9700k is a overclocking sku but i dont think they make a non overclocking 9700 so 9700k it is. yes i have a 32inch curved 1080p monitor choosen and i think its a great upgrade from what im using currently. i know ram is also overkill but as with the cpu and all other things im trying to future proof my current setup is 6 years old and it is doing just fine for me. my thought was go with a good psu and mobo and cpu and ram and if i want a better monitor or gpu in a couple years then i easily can without any issues. but if i cheap out on mobo and cpu it could be expensive later if they change the socket on us.

my current setup is a i5 2320

gtx 680

500 gb hdd

8 gb ram (2x4gb) 1333 mhz

and a 32 inch samsung tv from 2011 only 720p

keyboard and mouse currently is a microsoft 850 wireless combo mouse and keyboard

i play cs:go, wow, age of empires, and id like to get back into racing and more shooting games like cs:go. as well as more simulation games like sim city. 

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Noctua - NH-D15s 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (dual fan mode)
Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card

Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.66 CFM 80 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm Fan
Aerocool - V12XT Fan Controller
Samsung - LC32F391FWNXZA 32.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Logitech - G703 lightspeed mouse
logitech POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System – Black
 Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky Mechanical Keyboard w/ MX Blue Switch - Black (DASK4MKPROCLI) Lasered Keys

ASUS ROG Addressable RGB 5050 LED 60cm Lighting Strip with Magnetic Backing and Adhesive Strips for use with Aura Sync RGB (3-Pin addressable LED headers ONLY)
demcifilter HAF XB EVO fan filter kit