Can I get files off of a smashed phone?

Jessentis

Long story short screen smashed, screen black with no touch screen, stupidly force restarted phone(volume up and power), can't get files off via usb (after restart i need to type in password to gain full access), used usb c otg adapter to mouse and keyboard hoping I could blindly type in password, can't get anything to happen other than a buzz when I plug in usb devices. Help? Wondering if there is some kind of pc software to access my phone with greater control?

Device is a p20 pro that is paid for by my parents (I'm 14) and they want to get it sent in for repair (which involves a standard factory reset) rather than me fix it.

How much do you care about your data? There probably isn't much you can do, but a data recovery service can probably get the data off of it, but it won't be cheap.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How much do you care about your data? There probably isn't much you can do, but a data recovery service can probably get the data off of it, but it won't be cheap.

I mean it would just be nice to have all my photos carried over. I would much rather repair the phone myself and have my current main board carried over and be done cheaper but my parents are worried if i repair the phone myself then it smashes again the phone shop I bought it from would refuse to repair it. I've watched plenty of repair/teardown videos and feel very confident I can do it

3 minutes ago, Jessentis said:

I mean it would just be nice to have all my photos carried over. I would much rather repair the phone myself and have my current main board carried over and be done cheaper but my parents are worried if i repair the phone myself then it smashes again the phone shop I bought it from would refuse to repair it. I've watched plenty of repair/teardown videos and feel very confident I can do it

You can try it your self, but there isn't much you can do to get data easily. Depending on how its problem you might need to resolder the chips.

Make backups next time.

3 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Call Louis Rossman if its an iPhone

Since you couldn't post link: 

https://rossmanngroup.com/

@Jessentis Data recovery services are an option, getting a replacement screen and having a local repair center is more likely a better option. Most places I've dealt with will not reset devices when just replacing a screen. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can try it your self, but there isn't much you can do to get data easily. Depending on how its problem you might need to resolder the chips.

Make backups next time.

The screen is smashed and was half black half green then the oled started leaking in the green and the back glass is smashed. I'm pretty sure the only broken parts of it is the screen and glass I think the internals is fine, after it smashed I was asking google how the weather was and all seemed fine. If the internal main board with my data is fine I will carry that over to the new phone body along with the camera, fingerprint, etc

2 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Since you couldn't post link: 

https://rossmanngroup.com/

@Jessentis Data recovery services are an option, getting a replacement screen and having a local repair center is more likely a better option. Most places I've dealt with will not reset devices when just replacing a screen. 

I bought my phone through carphone warehouse (massive phone store, I believe only uk based) along with all my other phones. Had two repairs done there (screen and speaker replacement, battery replacement) and both times they said they will factory reset and they did (I even asked if they could add a note saying don't reset,etc but that wasn't an option). The phone is sent off for repair rather than done in store so I imagine that's why. My parents don't trust those shops with hundred of phone cases to do phone repairs btw

A local repair center will be able to replace the screen without doing a full reset.  Any larger store will send the phone away for repairs which will involve a factory reset.  So if you care about your data, have it done by one of those "shady" shops that does the repair while you're present. 

Usually a screen+digitizer and an iFixit toolkit for your phone will cost about the same as having someone else do the repair.  So if you're a bit handy that may also be a solution. 

12 hours ago, Jessentis said:

I mean it would just be nice to have all my photos carried over.

sd card is always the best and must have in phone.

people can take the pcb out take out the mem chip and solder to a adapter for readable usb device 

11 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

sd card is always the best and must have in phone.

people can take the pcb out take out the mem chip and solder to a adapter for readable usb device 

I was in love with msd cards but my phone had 128gb which was a big bump from my 64gb total on my old phone so I thought I should be fine but I never thought about something like this happening.

Also is msd a known term for micro sd? I always call in msd in my head but I dont actually know if people would understand what I mean if i said it