PC or laptop for collage

So,my question is should i get a laptop or a PC as this "Collage"(Universal Technical Institute) as i wont need to do school work on it,because they dont make you do math,ella stuff like that and the nearest one is a state away and will be used for gaming primarily.(Sorry if my typing and grammar is bad,im typing this as fast as i can) 

Edit:Grammer

If you dont have to moove or stay somewhere where you dont have enough space get a laptop or else get a pc. The pcs are generally way better than laptops when both are in the same price point.

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

If you dont have to moove or stay somewhere where you dont have enough space get a laptop or else get a pc. The pcs are generally way better than laptops when both are in the same price point.

Also pcs are cheaper and if moovies taught me anything(i dont know yet im 14)college students are broke.

Definitely laptop. Watching lectures and doing homework, it's all done through the computer. Get a thin and light with thunderbolt 3 and an eGPU, not a gaming laptop as they're heavy and annoying to carry around.

-advice from a fellow engineering student.

P.s. if you think you'll have time to game more than every once in a while, allow me to retort:

Lmao.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

If you will have a need to have a computer in the classroom for any reason (taking notes, doing online work, etc), a convertible tablet/laptop (like the Microsoft Surface) is an excellent choice because they serve multiple purposes for being a generic computer and a useful device for school. Then you could get an external GPU dock for Thunderbolt 3 and get some good gaming horsepower for when you have free time. If you have no need for a computer in the classroom, a cheap desktop (ITX or mATX if you're going to be moving it around often) is going to provide a better gaming experience. 

As a college student myself, I have a cheap gaming laptop and an Android tablet that I take to class with me everyday. The tablet I use for note taking in OneNote, which can then be accessed later on the laptop (or my desktop at home) to reference for doing homework. I commute to the campus, and occasionally I'll fire up a game if I have a few hour gap between classes and no homework to do or friends to meet up with. The laptop was cheap, and isn't very powerful, but can easily handle 1080p medium at 60fps.

Just my two cents.
Edit: I have a quite expensive gaming desktop at home that I primarily do my gaming on, so I didn't need an expensive or fancy laptop. Though I do think a Surface would be better for me than my current tablet + clamshell laptop combo, but I'm too cheap to bother upgrading since both devices work just fine.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

On 5/21/2019 at 8:34 PM, nnfancois said:

So,my question is should i get a laptop or a PC as this "Collage"(Universal Technical Institute) as i wont need to do school work on it,because they dont make you do math,ella stuff like that and the nearest one is a state away and will be used for gaming primarily.(Sorry if my typing and grammar is bad,im typing this as fast as i can) 

Edit:Grammer

23 hours ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Definitely laptop. Watching lectures and doing homework, it's all done through the computer. Get a thin and light with thunderbolt 3 and an eGPU, not a gaming laptop as they're heavy and annoying to carry around.

-advice from a fellow engineering student.

P.s. if you think you'll have time to game more than every once in a while, allow me to retort:

Lmao.

Gaming laptops are getting heavier by the day. If you plan on getting a laptop and using an egpu then most likely you plan on getting a laptop with no dpgu, H series laptops from intel always seem to come with dgpu which means you will be looking into a U series laptop. 

Laptop with dgpu - Razer blade 15, Dell xps 15 9570, HP spectre x360, msi p65

AMD laptop asus zephyrus G GA502, HP envy x360, Lenovo ideapad and flex 14

Laptop with no dgpu - HP spectre x360, razer blade stealth, LG gram

8 hours ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

Laptop with dgpu - Razer blade 15, Dell xps 15 9570, HP spectre x360, msi p65

AMD laptop asus zephyrus G GA502, HP envy x360, Lenovo ideapad and flex 14

Laptop with no dgpu - HP spectre x360, razer blade stealth, LG gram

There are a few models here with issues but I will not list out again, tired of it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

8 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

There are a few models here with issues but I will not list out again, tired of it

If i was to get one,then whats the best price for peformance,peferibly cheapest as possible as the jobs in my area right now dont pay alot.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, ManosMax13 said:

Also pcs are cheaper and if moovies taught me anything(i dont know yet im 14)college students are broke.

Sorry for the late reponse,for the movies part it really depends as my collage(not really sure what to call it lol) says they will help the students get a job

18 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

whats the best price for peformance

Definitely desktop. The question is do you need the extra portability of laptop.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Definitely desktop. The question is do you need the extra portability of laptop.

No i wont really,unless i go somewhere else to game(Wich i probably wont as im very non-social)  for face to face interactions*

47 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

Sorry for the late reponse,for the movies part it really depends as my collage(not really sure what to call it lol) says they will help the students get a job

You can get a pc just to be sure,and have a good gaming experience and when you manage to get a job you can buy a cheap but fast laptop for everything else but gaming.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:32 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

What you aren't seeing is these are merely suggestions. Every device has its own problems and everyone has their own deal breakers. So let whomsoever cares pick what they feel is right for them. I have listed from some of the best manufacturers so I belive there aren't many other manufacturers that will give you this sort of good performance. For price that is your decision