Is modular AiO Liquid Cooling dead?

Hey Guys,

i'm about to get into liquid cooling for the first time. Until now i have keept my distance to the topic because of the heavy maintainance cost of custom cooling and the inflexibility of complete AiO cooling.

After a bit of research i endet up on modular AiO solutions with quick-disconnects.

Now the problem is that i could only find 2 modular AiO products. One from Alphacool (Eisbaer-/Eiswolf-series) and another one from EKWB (EK-MLC Phoenix).

The reviews of these products on youtube are about 1 year old but it seems they both have partialy reached end of life very quick.

I'm unable to get the right block for my graphicscard from Alphacool (EoL) or an 360 Radiator from EKWB (Preditor 360 EoL, could not find any other compatible 360s).

And maybe i'm just blind, but it seems nobody else has come up with a modular AiO system in the past year.

I really like this beginner concept to liquid cooling but it seems to me there is not much in the market.

Is this concept already dead and i missed it?

I dont think i have ever seen it so propably.

Modular AIO? Custom water cooling you mean?

AIO is suppose to be all in one package.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Modular AIO? Custom water cooling you mean?

AIO is suppose to be all in one package.

No i mean prefilled components with disconnects, so you can add blocks, radiators etc. to the loop and expand it over time.

15 minutes ago, phluxer said:

No i mean prefilled components with disconnects, so you can add blocks, radiators etc. to the loop and expand it over time.

You linked to the only AIO I know of that still offers that.

Next closest thing i know of is EKWB's liquid cooling kits.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

It is still possible if you are willing to do some of the work.

My recommendation would be to pick up a h360x v3 from swiftech.  Cut the hoseil in 2 and apply QDCs. Now if you add another rad or GPU block add some tubing and put on QDCs.

You will need to do a proper fill on the initial loop, but if you add a rad or GPU block later just make sure you have an extra QDC and tube so you can prefill the components. Then you can just add them in without much trouble.

This approach isn't easier than buying them already that way, but it is using an expandable AIO to cut the major costs of a custom loop while also adding the convenience of QDC.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I just took the step into liquid cooling. Wish me luck!

And if the time comes to upgrade my system.. EK will hopefully still support this series.

(I hope the 280 Radiator and the 2 fans for extra case airflow will be enought for my i7 6700k and gtx 1080 with OCs)

LC.jpg

ive been running a corsair h110i for like 5 years what do you mean maintenance xD. it have dropped about 4C ( i clean it for dust ofc ) in those 5 years with a 24/7 running machine with a 4.2ghz OC 3860X 

2 hours ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

ive been running a corsair h110i for like 5 years what do you mean maintenance xD. it have dropped about 4C ( i clean it for dust ofc ) in those 5 years with a 24/7 running machine with a 4.2ghz OC 3860X 

Maintenance is my issue with custom loops, not with AiOs.

16 minutes ago, phluxer said:

Maintenance is my issue with custom loops, not with AiOs.

i see your point but then again jayz went what 2 years with a neon green color die and had pretty much zero issues. i think you're over stressing the issue. as long as its tight non leak at boot you wont have to worry about it for at least 6ish months and even then you just drain the loop run a few gallons through it slap it back together and ur good to go again.