Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sahildale

Suggestions for budget build cheap 150$ mid tower case

1 minute ago, sahildale said:

I want good airflow for low temperatures that's why side fan 馃槄

Is rosewill Thor v2 not good?

I think this thread is going too long thanks for being so patient with me聽

Just say the best case in ur opinion and I'll choose ur answer as best and close the post聽

Okay, now we're up to something. Side fans are pretty rare these days tbh.
Silverstone RL06 is really good case for temps out of the box. It's relatively noisy, so that's聽something to consider.
Review below:聽

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2904-silverstone-redline-rl06-case-review

You can read gamers nexus review on聽rosewill Thor v2 if you want too. I gazed at it a bit, and it seemed like it lacked in thermals.

Posted Original PosterOP

My budget gaming build will include ryzen 5 2600, gigabyte 2060 gaming oc pro and atx mobo. I need a good airflow case (dust filters will also be good else I'll buy and install them myself). I won't be using any hdd, ssd or optical drives, just only m.2 ssd. Will prioritise case with big side fan in middle as fan setup i am planning is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust for positive air pressure.

Not sure since when 150$ cases are considered cheap, but take a look at O-11 dynamic (non Airflow).

It's definitely not your standard case, and you'd have to re-think your fan setup. But when it comes to airflow it聽it's pretty high up.

Laptop:Acer V3-772G 聽CPU:聽i5 4200M聽GPU:聽GT 750M聽SSD:聽Crucial MX100 256GB
Desktop:聽CPU: R7 1700x聽GPU:聽RTX 2080聽SSD:聽Samsung 860 Evo 1TB聽

Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Not sure since when 150$ cases are considered cheap, but take a look at O-11 dynamic (non Airflow).

It's definitely not your standard case, and you'd have to re-think your fan setup. But when it comes to airflow it聽it's pretty high up.

Well where i live we have to pay 150$ for a 30$ case (DIYPC Alnitak-BK) cos of vat duty and shipping so that's cheap in your context not mine聽

Will side fans improve cooling if fan setup used is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust聽

3 minutes ago, sahildale said:

Well where i live we have to pay 150$ for a 30$ case (DIYPC Alnitak-BK) cos of vat duty and shipping so that's cheap in your context not mine聽

Will side fans improve cooling if fan setup used is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust聽

Well side intake would blow directly into cpu, if we're speaking about the same side intake. Then yeah, it would definitely help with CPU temps at least.

If prices are so absurd, then I'm not even sure if you can find a case with dust filters.聽

Posted Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Well side intake would blow directly into cpu, if we're speaking about the same side intake. Then yeah, it would definitely help with CPU temps at least.

If prices are so absurd, then I'm not even sure if you can find a case with dust filters.聽

What about gpu it has 3 fans, will its temperature have any effect聽

Can't i use dust filters myself聽

What about gpu it has 3 fans, will its temperature have any effect聽

Can't i use dust filters myself聽

You can use dust filters yourself.聽

Side fan might help slighlty with GPU temps, by reducing ambient case temp. But you'll win more by dedicating one fan for cpu and another for gpu.

If your GPU placement will be like this聽
Front: Below GPU, to deliver airflow to聽GPU

Side: Fan placed directly towards CPU cooler.

Back: can't really adjust its position, so wherever it fits.

That would be the most optimal setup for case like that I believe.

Posted Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

You can use dust filters yourself.聽

Side fan might help slighlty with GPU temps, by reducing ambient case temp. But you'll win more by dedicating one fan for cpu and another for gpu.

If your GPU placement will be like this聽
Front: Below GPU, to deliver airflow to聽GPU

Side: Fan placed directly towards CPU cooler.

Back: can't really adjust its position, so wherever it fits.

That would be the most optimal setup for case like that I believe.

Does this case have that properties聽

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/86RFf7/diypc-case-alnitakbk

2 minutes ago, sahildale said:

From what it seems side fan is below GPU as well, and front fan can be positioned below gpu only聽as well. Which potentially may leave CPU with bad temps.

Posted Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

From what it seems side fan is below GPU as well, and front fan can be positioned below gpu only聽as well. Which potentially may leave CPU with bad temps.

Fuck the budget then what about this one聽

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/yGCwrH/rosewill-case-thorv2w

If its also not good then suggest that case which meets the requirements u wrote聽

9 minutes ago, sahildale said:

Fuck the budget then what about this one聽

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/yGCwrH/rosewill-case-thorv2w

If its also not good then suggest that case which meets the requirements u wrote聽

Now lets get some things straight. If there's any particilar reason why you'd want side intake? Or you just want case with good airflow?

Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Now lets get some things straight. If there's any particilar reason why you'd want side intake? Or you just want case with good airflow?

Just say the best case in ur opinion and I'll choose ur answer as best and close the post聽

Posted · Best Answer

Silverstone RL06 is really good case for temps out of the box. It's relatively noisy, so that's聽something to consider.

You can read gamers nexus review on聽rosewill Thor v2 if you want too. I gazed at it a bit, and it seemed like it lacked in thermals.

13 minutes ago, sahildale said:

The Fractal Design Meshify C is one of the best cases for airflow I've personally ever used. Side fans aren't really a thing anymore and most older cases that have them are pretty pricey if you're able to find a new one. The Meshify C White is on sale on Amazon for $85 USD. Don't know what country you're in but It's a good case and you should definitely check it out, you do have to buy some extra fans to fill it up but the stock fans for the case are nice and super quiet for pretty cheap if you want to get extras. The black varients of the Meshify C are I think anywhere between $100 and $120, while the Meshify S2s are in the $170 range so they're a little pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-FD-CA-MESH-C-WT-TGC-Computer-Case/dp/B07BPP9KYD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=meshify+c&qid=1558464202&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Main Desktop:聽Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz聽|聽Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E聽|聽Gpu聽- Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC聽|聽Ram聽- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz聽|聽Aio聽- H100i Pro RGB聽|聽Psu聽- Evga 850 GQ |聽Case聽- Fractal Design Meshify C White |聽Storage聽- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+聽- Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Side panels with fans seems to rare these days for newer case designs. I think something that can fit 2 or 3 intake fans with a mesh directly in front of the fans, 1 top exhaust fan and 1 rear exhaust is good enough for most situations. I wish cases with vertical GPU mounts had ventilation right where the GPU fans would be.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700G (4.1GHz) 聽 AIO: Gamer Storm Castle 360 RGB 聽 Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4 聽 Case: Deep Cool E-Shield 聽 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 聽 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200 MHz 聽 PSU: Corsair RM750x

Posted Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, JuztBe said:

Yup it is the best airflow case there for the price (250$ in India 馃槀 rather than 100$ anywhere) but as I'll be building for the first time will cable management be difficult for me

Also my mobo has 4 system fan headers and case also comes with 4 fans what if i add one more exhaust fan at top, will the temperature improve聽

Here's my build聽

17 hours ago, sahildale said:

Yup it is the best airflow case there for the price (250$ in India 馃槀 rather than 100$ anywhere) but as I'll be building for the first time will cable management be difficult for me

Also my mobo has 4 system fan headers and case also comes with 4 fans what if i add one more exhaust fan at top, will the temperature improve聽

Here's my build聽

Cable management will definitely take time. Get some extra either velkro straps or zip ties, comes a long way.

Well not sure about extra fan at the top. Impact should be negligible.