Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. New To Spec

VG278Q vs VG279Q (does 27 inch kill 1080p?)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay I am new here new post new everything..her we go.

So I am going to buy a new monitor in the upcoming month or I am at least planning to. I have a 60hz IPS 22inch monitor and I want to upgrade to one of two candidates:

VG278Q or VG279Q

VG278Q has 144hz 1ms 1080p 27inch TN, and also has g-sync and free-sync. I have never used sync options so I don’t know how much that matters..but moving on.

VG279Q has 144hz 1ms 1080p 27inch IPS, and also has free-sync.

So there are these points that I want to ask:

1. Going from IPS to TN, would that kill me? (I’ve been using my last ips monitor for 3 years.)

2. I play league so I think I don’t need the fastest refresh rate. Right?

3. From your perspective, which one should I buy?

4. I probably am writing in a shitty format, sorry.

5. I got a zodiac gtx 1060 6gb ddr5 mini, maybe that’s a nessecary info for y’all pros.

6. I saw a lot of vg278q reviews on youtube, I really couldn’t find that many for vg279q. It made me think like vg278q was superior. (Prob just me but had to point it out)

7. Does 27 inch screen kill the 1080p? I read that like in a lot of places so I wanted to ask that.

 

Well, I hope somebody responds.

 

Ps: vg279q cost like 50 bucks more than the vg278q..or something like that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

6. I saw a lot of vg278q reviews on youtube, I really couldn’t find that many for vg279q. It made me think like vg278q was superior. (Prob just me but had to point it out)

It just came out, so no reviews seems fair.

 

27inch is a bit big for a 1080p display tbh,

I have used really good TN panels and they are pretty much as good as IPS, but the viewing angles are annoying.

 

Now a bit about the VG279Q. I was also considering buying it, because it is "IPS", but then i saw the reviews for it and it doesn't look appealing anymore. It is only 6bit+FRC, and it has really bad viewing angle problems, even thought it is supposed to be IPS. So if you are considering buying it definitely try to read the reviews from it's owners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

It just came out, so no reviews seems fair.

 

27inch is a bit big for a 1080p display tbh,

I have used really good TN panels and they are pretty much as good as IPS, but the viewing angles are annoying.

 

Now a bit about the VG279Q. I was also considering buying it, because it is "IPS", but then i saw the reviews for it and it doesn't look appealing anymore. It is only 6bit+FRC, and it has really bad viewing angle problems, even thought it is supposed to be IPS. So if you are considering buying it definitely try to read the reviews from it's owners.

I understand your point, but what it for me boils down to is that I was using ips for 3 years, I heard it’s horrible when you go from ips to tn, that’s why I don’t know if I can go from ips to tn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

27inch is a bit big for a 1080p display tbh

As someone with 2 1080ps next to a 1440p, all 27", no, it's not.


Yup the yup.

 

Socialism is for figs.

Not supporting the political facade known as "Gay Pride."

 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

It just came out, so no reviews seems fair.

 

27inch is a bit big for a 1080p display tbh,

I have used really good TN panels and they are pretty much as good as IPS, but the viewing angles are annoying.

I would agree, except that 27 inch 1080p is fine. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

I understand your point, but what it for me boils down to is that I was using ips for 3 years, I heard it’s horrible when you go from ips to tn, that’s why I don’t know if I can go from ips to tn.

Good TN panels are fine. Just get a cheaper 4K for league only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Daniel Z. said:

I would agree, except that 27 inch 1080p is fine. 

Good TN panels are fine. Just get a cheaper 4K for league only.

I was going to go with a 144hz 27 inch monitor or sth similar to the ones I mentioned, aren’t 4k monitors crazy expensive?

Link to post
Share on other sites

-Moved to Displays-

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

I was going to go with a 144hz 27 inch monitor or sth similar to the ones I mentioned, aren’t 4k monitors crazy expensive?

4k 60hz IPS 27inch monitors are cheap, for example LG27UD58-B is a popular one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Origami Cactus said:

4k 60hz IPS 27inch monitors are cheap, for example LG27UD58-B is a popular one.

Yeah well, I want a 144hz monitor, I play mainly leauge but I play other games too. So my base is a 144hz monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. New To Spec said:

Yeah well, I want a 144hz monitor, I play mainly leauge but I play other games too. So my base is a 144hz monitor.

then yeah, 4k is really expensive.

I would just recommend trying out the VG279Q, and if doesn't sit then return it and try something else.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Origami Cactus said:

then yeah, 4k is really expensive.

I would just recommend trying out the VG279Q, and if doesn't sit then return it and try something else.

 

I’m going to go actually do that, beacuse I am buying it from a shop not from amazon so that probably possible. (Lmao yeah.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×