Pair of AMD Navi GPU's to be shown at Computex

MeatFeastMan
2 hours ago, Humbug said:

*couldn't care less

Lol of course we don't care what is good for the seller when it comes to our purchasing decisions. We are just analysing their possible reasoning here. They know they won't sell anywhere near as many units as Nvidia and may have lowered their target for number of units sold and decided that that is ok as long as they make higher margins.

AMD can also align their product stack to be margin optimized at the performance level. Their real problem with Polaris is that it didn't stretch high enough and they couldn't segment it out too well. 470/570 were too close to the next tier up with a problem filling in between. AMD will probably follow Nvidia for margin levels but it'll still be cheaper because their net cost will be cheaper, so they can price it low enough.

Moore's Law is Dead has a good point about the CPUs being in a bad placing being bad for their GPU sales as well. Zen2 really is a monster with all of those cores and cores *do* sell CPUs. Intel has already ceded the Retail Market, minus the ultra-top end, to AMD. Navi being the price/performance choice by even 5% during the Zen2 era should be enough for it to sell well.

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Only if you care about aesthetic.

I'd take Nvidia's control panel or AMD's old panel any day over the current one.

It's not just that. It's also speed and just usability. With NVIDIA's panel, when you apply something, whole interface starts twitching and it takes like several seconds on very high end system to apply. Menu also jumps all over the place resetting its menu position of the scroll and it just looks so outdated and archaic.

With Radeon panel, it's such a nice place to be only if you have to go into once a month if at all. Super smooth, fast, looks nice and basically has no stupid glitches and twitches. And it also has overclocking and OSD stuff built in. With NVIDIA you need their stupid useless waste of time and resources "Experience" thing. Which is clumsy as a turd too and literally has absolutely nothing of use except screen recording. AMD has super nice OSD so you don't have to use trash MSI Afterburner one that feels about as dated as NVIDIA's control panel. Maybe it has more tweaks but it just feels stupid to use. It's the whole package and experience that's just billion times better on AMD and I've only fiddled with it on RX580 and my Stoney Ridge laptop with A9 APU...

21 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It's not just that. It's also speed and just usability. With NVIDIA's panel, when you apply something, whole interface starts twitching and it takes like several seconds on very high end system to apply. Menu also jumps all over the place resetting its menu position of the scroll and it just looks so outdated and archaic.

This is so accurate, i got diarrhea remembering it. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

With NVIDIA's panel, when you apply something, whole interface starts twitching and it takes like several seconds on very high end system to apply. Menu also jumps all over the place resetting its menu position of the scroll

I've never experienced that on any of my systems running Nvidia graphics, not even my main system that runs AMD and Nvidia graphics side by side.

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

it just looks so outdated and archaic.

Boo fucking hoo. It's functional. It doesn't waste time by presenting me all categories in a side plane, instead of the EXTREMELY idiotic GUI AMD uses, like hiding Wattman, Global settings, and Performance Monitoring as an option within the gaming setting.

6 hours ago, RejZoR said:

And it also has overclocking and OSD stuff built in.

And neither are done nearly as well as aftermarket alternatives.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Bullshit. It's been EXACTLY the same since I had fucking GeForce 7600GT, almost 15 years ago. Same stupid interface, same stupid twitching and glitching and stupid long time to apply it. Really shows the dedication when you don't improve a single thing about it in freaking 15 years all thanks to people like you who defend such laziness. Blimey. Been slow then and it's still slow now. If you say it's not that way you're straight up lying because there is no fucking way my system is "too slow" to execute that in microsecond. And it has been the same across two entirely different systems (three if I count the one from 2005) and that the ones you tried it on were somehow magically faster.

It's functional. Gee, why aren't you driving Ford Model T today? It's still "functional" car. What a dumb argument. Placement of menu has nothing to do with the fact that NVIDIA's garbage is straight up broken and looks ugly as sin.

As for overclocking tools and OSD, if I want to, I can pick "aftermarket alternative", but I'm not forced to. Like with NVIDIA... And the controls are perfectly good for what 90% of users need. OSD is actually miles ahead of MSI Afterburners clumsy mess. I don't care if it's more configurable, I was playing with one on RX580 and it was excellent with everything I'd ever wanted or needed and more.

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Same stupid interface

Irrelevant to the discussion of functionality. If updating the look means downgrading functionality, on something the vast majority of people might look at once a year at most, not updating the look is the better option.

13 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

same stupid twitching and glitching and stupid long time to apply it.

Sounds like PEBKAC.

15 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Been slow then and it's still slow now. If you say it's not that way you're straight up lying because there is no fucking way my system is "too slow" to execute that in microsecond.

PEBKAC confirmed.

13 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Gee, why aren't you driving Ford Model T today? It's still "functional" car. What a dumb argument

No one still makes a Model T, ergo false equivalence.

15 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

if I want to, I can pick "aftermarket alternative", but I'm not forced to.

Wattman interferes with aftermarket alternatives.

16 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

OSD is actually miles ahead of MSI Afterburners clumsy mess.

Far from it. It seems like you're just incapable of using half of the features of Afterburner and casting blame on it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

20 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Bullshit. It's been EXACTLY the same since I had fucking GeForce 7600GT, almost 15 years ago. Same stupid interface, same stupid twitching and glitching and stupid long time to apply it. Really shows the dedication when you don't improve a single thing about it in freaking 15 years all thanks to people like you who defend such laziness. Blimey. Been slow then and it's still slow now. If you say it's not that way you're straight up lying because there is no fucking way my system is "too slow" to execute that in microsecond. And it has been the same across two entirely different systems (three if I count the one from 2005) and that the ones you tried it on were somehow magically faster.

It's functional. Gee, why aren't you driving Ford Model T today? It's still "functional" car. What a dumb argument. Placement of menu has nothing to do with the fact that NVIDIA's garbage is straight up broken and looks ugly as sin.

As for overclocking tools and OSD, if I want to, I can pick "aftermarket alternative", but I'm not forced to. Like with NVIDIA... And the controls are perfectly good for what 90% of users need. OSD is actually miles ahead of MSI Afterburners clumsy mess. I don't care if it's more configurable, I was playing with one on RX580 and it was excellent with everything I'd ever wanted or needed and more.

ill agree with you completely on the control panel

surround user since day 1 always shit when arranging use to avoid dp cables because the black screen would cause monitors to disconnect until reset or unplugging the monitor but that seems to be fixed now

random lag or stop responding for periods of time

when you are just trying to change some setting real quick to check if it makes a difference in game

and they could make it like customizable for users preference along with eliminating msi ab/ precision/etc(whatever aic versions)  and by giving us many of those options that inspector has with an advanced tab but these arent as important as

@Drak3

Yeah, I'm sure clicking Apply and waiting for it for 3 seconds while interface is flipping its own shit over is PEBKAC. Maybe your shit would fly on some budget crippled system , not a 12 threaded 4.5GHz CPU with 32GB of RAM and the fastest SATA SSD in existence pretty much. 

No one still makes a Model T, ergo false equivalence.

No one still makes interface this fucking bad either...

And yeah, I'm sure I don't know how to use fucking MSI Afterburner either given I've been using RivaTuner on GeForce cards almost since beginning of time. Have you actually seen the OSD design of panel and its settings? Probably not, coz it looks just like NVIDIA Control Panel. They both escaped from the early 2000's... I've set Radeon OSD in few clicks and I instantly had FPS, GPU Temp and GPU clock on my screen in corner of choice, no problems. Something even my cousin who's not into computers can set up with ease. Good luck trying that with MSI Afterburner... But whatever, I see you're on a baseless ragefest and you'll deflect any argument about NV CP's shittiness with any excuse you can vomit out. :rolleyes: I bet you're the hardest NVIDIA fanboy or some shit. Wouldn't be surprised at all. And it's thanks to your endless defending that shit never gets improved even for a bit. Not even asking for anything other than Graphics settings not resetting the god damn scroll on every change and that Apply is instant and not 3-4 second idiocy. I'd even manage to look past archaic looks of it. But I guess you just love broken software.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

not a 12 threaded 4.5GHz CPU with 32GB of RAM and the fastest SATA SSD in existence pretty much.

Yet not even my old i3-4130T had issues with 4GB of RAM and a 5200RPM spinner. Neither do my 4460/16GB/850 Evo or 5930K/16GB/950 Pro systems get hit with what you're describing.

It's PEBKAC.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Dude, fucking whatever. You don't have the slightest idea what I'm even describing, otherwise you wouldn't be saying "there is no problem". Or you're just blind.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You don't have the slightest idea what I'm even describing, otherwise you wouldn't be saying "there is no problem".

No, what you described boils down to PEBKAC.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

nvidia contol panel is shit even on fresh install

when you are just trying to change some setting real quick to check if it makes a difference in game

its been talked about for years on many enthusiast forums

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

its been talked about for years on many enthusiast forums

AMD driver issues have been as well. Doesn't mean much, forums are often used to bitch, not praise, products.

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

nvidia contol panel is shit even on fresh install

Again, what you've described is very likely PEBKAC, or a minor issue affecting relatively few people.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

AMD driver issues have been as well. Doesn't mean much, forums are often used to bitch, not praise, products.

Again, what you've described is very likely PEBKAC, or a minor issue affecting relatively few people.

yes a simple google search will pull up over million results

I dont care about ui of it

but it is a laggy stuttering control panel on a fresh install with ssd

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

yes a simple google search will pull up over million results

And? Is there a point to that statement?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

And? Is there a point to that statement?

its a consistent problem and talked about everywhere

this forum to the next even by long time users that know their shit

its a consistent problem and talked about everywhere

1. Not a consistent problem
  2. Because people rarely talk about the good, they'd rather focus on the bad. After all:
10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

forums are often used to bitch, not praise, products

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:
  1. Not a consistent problem
  2. Because people rarely talk about the good, they'd rather focus on the bad. After all:

oh its consistent if theres videos, many long time user experiences and your own experiences with it

people bitch about it cause its a problem like i said even on fresh install how is a fresh install user error? lol
?

and amds driver problems goes to show you there was a problem and they got fixed at times too

they are actually being praised now days along with their control panel

wow

10 hours ago, Drak3 said:

You keep saying PEBKAC, but I don't think you know or understand what it even means...

Dude, how it's not "consistent" when it's THE SAME BROKEN SHIT across tens of clean Windows installations, across hundreds of ForceWare versions across YEARS. But you keep on screaming PEBKAC.

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

how it's not "consistent" when it's THE SAME BROKEN SHIT across tens of clean Windows installations,

It's not broken for thousands of machines, and if it were, sales wpuld reflect it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

You keep saying PEBKAC, but I don't think you know or understand what it even means...

Dude, how it's not "consistent" when it's THE SAME BROKEN SHIT across tens of clean Windows installations, across hundreds of ForceWare versions across YEARS. But you keep on screaming PEBKAC.

9 hours ago, Drak3 said:

It's not broken for thousands of machines, and if it were, sales wpuld reflect it.

slow and laggy isnt broken

it works but its slow and laggy

fuck to set up surround takes few minutes at times

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

fuck to set up surround takes few minutes at times

That's not an issue with Nvidia. That's a constant.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

21 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's not an issue with Nvidia. That's a constant.

no th2go and eyefinity didnt bug out like that but havent used them recently

and when dealing with multimonitors windows,amd, intel is way faster at placement than nvidia

eyefinity didnt bug out like that but havent used them recently

Eyefinity does. Always has. That's what happens when you create a virtual resolution and present it to Windows.

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

and when dealing with multimonitors windows,amd, intel is way faster at placement than nvidia

No, they aren't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

So if this is true, it is Vega 56 and Vega 64 all over again... matching or slightly beating Nvidia's performance at the same price.

Disappointing if this is true. They really need to outprice Nvidia at this point, delivering something that is close to RTX 2070 performance for $350 or so.

At those prices, everyone is just going to keep buying Nvidia, because that is what most people are used to being the "better choice" at the high end right now, even though it is not that clear cut.