Pair of AMD Navi GPU's to be shown at Computex

MeatFeastMan

screenshot.thumb.jpg.c1a6b9a80ed8aa089e85dc0bb7c60549.jpg

1 hour ago, Neftex said:

again. im talking about this leak (aka the OP of this thread, not the amd chart) @leadeater

i tried to get to the original source, its gone. i tried looking into what kind of site zhihu is (the original source):

Zhihu is a Chinese question-and-answer website where all kinds of questions are created, answered, edited and organized by the community of its users.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhihu

how is this leak more credible than "my uncle works at nintendo"? we have no confirmation on who came up with it

screenshot.thumb.jpg.c1a6b9a80ed8aa089e85dc0bb7c60549.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

25 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking here. I personally think they've pushed an otherwise very efficient card (Maybe even on par with Turing) out of it's comfort zone so they can get away with higher pricing. That explains the watercooler and it also explains why Buildzoid said that the Navi PCB suggested a power hungry card. I am by no means saying that the $250 2070 level performer was true, it was a load of nonsense. But I was expecting a 1080 performer around $300,  it seems they've bumped up those prices by 100.

I think it's likely that the Navi PCB was a testing board rather than production. It just seemed more over-enginereed than what's usual for AMD.

So ok seems somewhat what we expected so far, at lest for initial launch. Giving Radeon VII still being offered along Navi though. Either way this will be very good for these ranges of performance. I look forward to see Radeon VII successor eventually though. Will that be 'big' Navi or "next gen" which seems both appear for 202 which is quite odd. Who knows how it will go. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm pretty sure it's fake news after talking to Sapphire.

screenshot.thumb.jpg.e3d73bede3527ed640b9dc74a99d6ecb.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

9 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Spoiler

screenshot.thumb.jpg.e3d73bede3527ed640b9dc74a99d6ecb.jpg

Anyway we can get this translated?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

I heard typing it into bing's translator works according to someone on reddit.  <.<

I have no clue how to type Chinese.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I kinda do, but I'm too lazy.  It started out with a nsfw reason as to um the same reason I know how to type Japanese.  Hey, I was curious and 18 at the time! ?

the google translate of the phone can OCR it, but tis works ok.

nice, can we got more information on who the person with two anime girls as profile picture is? might shed some light into credibility of this leak

cant read it, but from the pictures i dont think theres the Toxic card theyre talking about.

It all seems like Radeon 7 in a nice custom build, gold card is the RX 590.

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Hey, I was curious and 18 at the time! ?

*sips tea* Please go on this is getting very interesting.

It needs to be next week already so I we can get confirmation already.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Radeon V and Radeon VI?

Radeon OuO and Radeon OwO

PCgamesn is claiming the CEO of sapphire revealed details about  NAVI 10 in an interview at The AMD 50 event. Their claim is “There will be two Navi 10 GPUs, a higher-end XT version and a slightly cut-down Pro chip”. The XT will supposedly retail around $499 and beat the 2070 and the pro will go for $399 and beat the 2060.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/navi-xt-navi-pro-graphics-card-sapphire-july-7-launch

6 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

PCgamesn is claiming the CEO of sapphire revealed details about  NAVI 10 in an interview at The AMD 50 event. Their claim is “There will be two Navi 10 GPUs, a higher-end XT version and a slightly cut-down Pro chip”. The XT will supposedly retail around $499 and beat the 2070 and the pro will go for $399 and beat the 2060.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/navi-xt-navi-pro-graphics-card-sapphire-july-7-launch

Thread merged ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

The other issue is that they say it DOES NOT include ray tracing in games,

When any appreciable amount of games actually have Ray Tracing support, then you can complain. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

When any appreciable amount of games actually have Ray Tracing support, then you can complain. 

Ya if Navi had launched earlier (like Dec 2018 or Jan 2019) then the lack of hardware ray tracing would have made more consumers vary. 

But as time has gone on it has actually become less of a factor in the mind of buyers.

Now lets wait for an X2 variant

✨FNIGE✨

I'm guessing at that price point it's just trying to compete with Nvidia's rasterization and general compute performance right? I highly doubt it'll outperform any 20 series card in ray-triangle intersections or tensor calculations.

Google translate

I don't know more about the specific details of AMD fans' Chengdu station. Because Chengdu didn't bring a camera when it rained, the photos used in this article are all from Chengdu Station activities AMD China and Sapphire Technology Officials.

The point is that I personally can make a small interview with Leo as an AMD fan. It is also the biggest achievement of this event.

I always like sapphire.jpg

Q: I am the author

L: Sapphire Product Manager leo

J: Jenny Public Relations Director Jenny

Q: Hello Leo, sapphire is a well-received graphics card manufacturer in the mainland, but the sapphire warranty and after-sales system has become a short board on the barrel. Is there any solution or plan for this sapphire?

L: Thank you, Sapphire does have a plan to extend the warranty time in the future, but because you know the reason (laugh), it is temporarily impossible to implement, and can only be implemented after the end of the warranty period of certain batches of graphics cards.

Q: I just saw the atomic (atomic) as the flagship series of AMD's highest public and the possibility of restarting at the booth?

J: You have to know that there are only 20 cards in the world and 5 cards in the mainland.

L: Sapphire as an AIB can not only consider technical, commercial decision is also very important, such as the profit range did not meet expectations or the target group is smaller than our estimate, then this series may not exist anymore.

Q: Even if AMD completely surpasses its friends in the business of independence in the future, will Sapphire not restart the atomic series?

L: It depends on the market (laugh)

Q: Will Radeon7 be out of the public?

L: No, at the moment we don't have Radeon7's non-public plan. AMD's public version of Radeon7 has already reached many of the flagship grades of the company.

Q: In the public interaction section just now, there is a series of A powder in the poison series. As far as I personally observe, many of the powders in the mainland are hoping to restart the poison series. What is the plan for this sapphire?

L: You will see poison on the next generation of graphics cards.

Q: Really (excited)

L: We have completed the work of navi poison, and it is a water-cooled version.

Q: Before the release of Vega in the previous two years, some netizens were asking if sapphire had Vega poison. The reply of sapphire would be there, but it still did not come out.

L: Actually, the relevant design was completed at the time, but as I said earlier, our evaluation results show that Vega poison is not profitable, and even it is difficult to return. Moreover, AMD's Vega's revenue on the super memory is higher than that of the overclocking core , leaving us with a very limited income, so we did not put Vega poison in the end.

Q: It is understandable that a company must ensure that it can make profits by legal means. So, can you disclose some information about Navi (expected)?

L: I can't tell you too much because of some reason you know (laugh) Navi currently has two versions, one version is priced at $499 and the other is $399.

Q: So the price of the mainland, a lot of powder is expected to be poison, they think that super platinum is a younger brother

L: At present, we have not yet determined the price of the mainland, but you know it yourself, isn't it (laugh)

Q: Then, if you are a competitor, you will use the 20 series as your main competitor.

L: Stronger than 2070

Q: What is the rumor that the Navi core of 5120sp+rt core will appear?

L: You have to know that Navi does not exist by the size of the core, there is no related product at present.

Q: So AMD will consider hardware investment in the light chasing acceleration module?

L: You can look forward to next year's new architecture.

Q: What can you tell me about the new architecture? Is it a complete replacement for the current GCN?

L: The new architecture AMD is not completely finalized at present. You need to know that some products are not suitable for the next-generation architecture, whether it is for us or for friends (this is why both ANs have vest cards). It is said that products above the thousand yuan level have been determined to fully adopt the next generation architecture (referring to the successor of Navi)

Q: Is Navi going to be released on July 7 this year?

L Yes, you know 7nm July 7th girl (laugh)

Q: Then on May 27th, you can see AMD's next-generation processor and Navi graphics card.

L: I don't know much about CPU (after all, sapphire only does graphics cards) but the graphics card will definitely show on Computex on May 27.

Q: Will you participate in this year's Computex?

L: Of course

Q: Will the next-generation host adopt Navi's solution (nonsense)?

L: Yes, but still because you know why, I can't tell you too much, I hope to see you on Computex.

=========================================================== ===

In general, this AMD Chengdu station I am still very happy to play, originally wanted to interview the AMD Greater China Vice President Ji Zong, but unfortunately when interviewing LEO, the season has always left, probably the only event of this event Sorry

credit to W1zzard at TPU

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Basically, Nvidia's price/performance tiers haven't moved much since 2016, and AMD is still struggling to compete for market share at those levels? AMD rumors continue to look bleak. I'm longing for some rumors that will make me optimistic Intel about Intel's entry to the market, because right now AMD's best hope seems to be that Nvidia will keep standing still through 2021.

15 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Radeon V and Radeon VI?

Can't, Radeon V was literally Radeon 5___ hundred series, 6 was pretty much Vega 56/64 in terms of generation, and Radeon VII is just again Vega but on 7nm (but 60CUs).

So if anything since Radeon VII is used, they could just do RX 6xx series, and it's just a cluster____ of a naming scheme of generations, I can understand GPU naming but the generation naming forward is a mess.

2 hours ago, Paparachipupopep said:

Basically, Nvidia's price/performance tiers haven't moved much since 2016, and AMD is still struggling to compete for market share at those levels? AMD rumors continue to look bleak. I'm longing for some rumors that will make me optimistic Intel about Intel's entry to the market, because right now AMD's best hope seems to be that Nvidia will keep standing still through 2021.

No, AMD has very decent products actually. Old Vega 56 is an excellent card for the masses and so are basically all Polaris cards. But dumb people only know muh NVIDIA derp omg and they don't even consider Radeon cards for some fucked up reason. Like, I got my relative an RX 580 GTS for 180€ few months ago. No NVIDIA card came anywhere close to that and XFX RX 580 GTS is one of highest clocked cards from Polaris range. That's not AMD's fault per se, it's dumb consumers. Literally. Marketing or presence in high end doens't have anything to do with it. At all.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The main concern Nvidia fanboys have against AMD is drivers.

Oh, you mean the absolutely superior control panel, OSD controls, recording and monitoring vs NVIDIA's Windows XP looking garbage from 2006? Uuuuu "drivers". I've had TONS of Radeon cards, I only recently had GTX 980 and now GTX 1080Ti and I can tell you all the driver bitching is pure BS. I've had about as much issues with Radeon drivers as I had them with NVIDIA drivers. But yet again shows the mindset of people. Thinking Radeon cards are inferior because "reasons" and very little actual reasons. Only real issue were CrossfireX profiles, but then again, how many people actually have 2 cards? Stick with one (even with NVIDIA) and you'll have no issues, almost guaranteed.

eh honestly at those price points id probably just go with nvidia...really wish AMD would actually become competitive but lets be real if these new cards are merely on par with nvidias cards which have been out for months at that point, have similar or higher prices, and dont have ray tracing... what motivation outside of diehard fanboys does anyone have to buy them?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000