Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a9249

Does it even exist? 4k TV without all the smart nonsense?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Like the title says, I just want a TV that has an HDMI input(s); signal goes in, signal gets displayed. Like a monitor, but you know... 65 inches. 

All programming runs off the tower, no need for that crappy painfully slow smart stuff. 

Is this a thing that even exists? ...Or am I looking exclusively at projectors now?

just get a good tv with low input lag / response time , example qled samsung q6f series , 15ms input lag . equal to alot of gaming monitors

the 55inch and above version for example has 100hz on 1080p aswell ^^

(◑‿◐)

The only thing remotely modern would be one of those BFGD monitors. Otherwise, anything that would be without the smart part would likely be from a low-end manufacturer.

I mean, you don't need to use the smart TV portion if you don't want to. It doesn't affect the TV's "performance"

44 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The only thing remotely modern would be one of those BFGD monitors. Otherwise, anything that would be without the smart part would likely be from a low-end manufacturer.

I mean, you don't need to use the smart TV portion if you don't want to. It doesn't affect the TV's "performance"

Even most low-end 2160p TVs have smart TV functionality, from what I've seen.

Hell, most 1080p TVs now do, so it's almost expected on a TV with a higher resolution.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Yes, I'm gay and don't give a shit about pride. My sexuality isn't my personality; my VHS tapes and my video captures are.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Even most low-end 2160p TVs have smart TV functionality, from what I've seen.

Hell, most 1080p TVs now do, so it's almost expected on a TV with a higher resolution.

Oh, there's even 720p with Fire TV and Roku built in.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-32-class-led-720p-smart-hdtv-fire-tv-edition/6247254.p?skuId=6247254

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-24-class-led-720p-smart-hdtv-roku-tv/6259294.p?skuId=6259294

But 4K TVs are synonymous with standard Smart functionality whether it be Roku or Fire TV or something in house.

| Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread |

:x@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 52ever :x
Current Rig:
Spoiler

}} Titania  *December 22, 2017* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba 1TB HDD (2.5" 5400rpm) - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Logitech G603 - LG 24MP59HT-P~

Planned Upgrades:

Spoiler

}} R.U.D.I (Rebrand and Mild Refresh of Titania) *On-going 2019* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G513 Carbon - Logitech G603~

4K without 4K Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime.   Do you not stream?

AMD R7 2700 | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | B450M Mortar  | GTX 1070 6GB | Noctua DH-N14 | Samsung 850 256GB | BitFenix Phenom M | Corsair AX760 | Topping D30 + JDS Labs Atom

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

15 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

You dont need it built in to stream. Things like the Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and so on do a better job. For example the smart hub built in to Samsung TV's is utter shit. Most of the time a 3rd party streaming device is going to work better and give you better functionality. 

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants. 

20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You dont need it built in to stream. Things like the Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and so on do a better job. For example the smart hub built in to Samsung TV's is utter shit. Most of the time a 3rd party streaming device is going to work better and give you better functionality. 

System is TV dependent, my Panny beats the Fire Stick, MiBox etc... why dedicated powerful quad core for rendering, and the pre buffering by Panasonic servers.

You may not be aware that a 4k TV is not a 4K TV, they are not the same quality, find one with a solid quad core in it and you are laughing.

AMD R7 2700 | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | B450M Mortar  | GTX 1070 6GB | Noctua DH-N14 | Samsung 850 256GB | BitFenix Phenom M | Corsair AX760 | Topping D30 + JDS Labs Atom

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 5/22/2019 at 1:33 AM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Yes, from the tower.... hence the wanting "a 65inch monitor"

8 hours ago, a9249 said:

Like mentioned you can just ignore the smart portion of it... plug your PC to it and that's it... no?

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.7ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
On 5/25/2019 at 1:08 AM, a9249 said:

You'll be really hard pressed to find what you're looking for. You can find 4K Monitors that are in the 65" range, but you'll be paying far more than you would for an equivalent (or better) quality 4K Smart TV.

As many others have said, just buy a Smart TV that is otherwise good quality (Example: Samsung QLED Q60 series), and literally just never use the Smart functionality.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

On 5/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, a9249 said:

Like the title says, I just want a TV that has an HDMI input(s); signal goes in, signal gets displayed. Like a monitor, but you know... 65 inches. 

All programming runs off the tower, no need for that crappy painfully slow smart stuff. 

Is this a thing that even exists? ...Or am I looking exclusively at projectors now?

I don't know what "smart stuff" you have used lately but the the smart apps on my tv are very snappy and it's a couple years old.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, a9249 said:

Could you just get a 65” and ignore those features?

That’s what I do. I’ll use something like an Apple TV 4K or XBOX One S to stream due to much better wireless antennas and a better interface.

53 minutes ago, Bohefus said:

I don't know what "smart stuff" you have used lately but the the smart apps on my tv are very snappy and it's a couple years old.

It depends on brand. My mom has a Samsung smart TV and its smart features are shit. Vizio tends to have some of the major apps but doesnt allow you to download additional.  Roku's and Amazon Fire Sticks work much better. 

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants. 

The last time non smart TV's were produced were during Plasma's reign. Alass, despite their superior image quality the are no more.

Projectors are an option as you stated, so are the ludicrously overpriced  BFGDs.

Your best bet if you want to avoid as much pre processing as possible is to find a TV with good gaming modes and input latency figures. In the $500 price range I believe Samsung and Vizio has some to offer.

Check out the below link to help find what ur looking for.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/recommendation

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |