cooling

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by Szemike84,

Hy all!

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase pro 3 (L467 x W235 x H505 mm) mid tower (5 places for 140mm case fans) with 3 140x25mm fans for now. I would like to upgrade it to 6 140mm fans.

The factorially installed fans:

- Cooler master 140x25mm front side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-FN

- Cooler master 140x25mm back side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-F1

I have hardly found some information about the "F1" ended fan, the other seems to be the same (0.14A, 2W, max. 1200 RPM 28 CFM, 6.526 mmH2O)

The third is about a 1 year old Be quiet silent wings 3 high speed fan (0.55A, max. 1600 RPM, 77.5 CFM, 2.16 mmH2O, 28.1dBa TERRIBLE noisy)

My opinion is to move the 2 cooler master fans to the front (as real pressure fans), install 2 of the 140mm Air flow specificated fans to the top and 1 to the back (blow the air out from the case).

My 3 most like AF fans are: Corsair AF140 (CO-9050009-WW), Cryorig XT140 (CR-XTA) and Arctic BioniX F140 (ACFAN00096A)

The processor will get a Cryorig R1 universal CPU cooler (L128.5 mm x W140 mm x H168.3 mm).

Please help me if I'm thinking righ with this option for the best air flow in the case and please help me to chose the best air flow specific fans.

Thank you!

Just now, truckerlenny said:

i said curved

same monitor in canada is 340

https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-strix-x399-e-gaming/p/N82E16813119026R

20% off with the code making ti $200 USD which is $30 USD off what we pay for ur mobo and basically evening the prices I think, and I have an open box mobo from newegg, wasn't registered online so the full warranty applied, ASUS warranties pre bought parts from amazon warehouse I think this should be the same with a max warranty period penalty of a couple months which is great since this is a $320 USD mobo for under $200

Literally just buy a 1920x is best CPU

AMD shill

AORUS shill

Enjoy me while I'm here, BANHAMMER INC

Just now, SigmaDire said:

https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-strix-x399-e-gaming/p/N82E16813119026R

20% off with the code making ti $100 USD which is $30 USD off what we pay for ur mobo and basically evening the prices I think, and I have an open box mobo from newegg, wasn't registered online so the full warranty applied, ASUS warranties pre bought parts from amazon warehouse I think this should be the same with a max warranty period penalty of a couple months which is great since this is a $320 USD mobo for under $200

your talking usd im talkin canadian

1 minute ago, truckerlenny said:

your talking usd im talkin canadian

yeah but i cant convert when a $220 monitor suddenly $340 fckin tariffs

Literally just buy a 1920x is best CPU

AMD shill

AORUS shill

Enjoy me while I'm here, BANHAMMER INC

1 minute ago, SigmaDire said:

go to a canadian website like newegg.ca or amazon.ca not the .com version. 

3 minutes ago, SigmaDire said:

and plus that a AOC which im assuming is a chinese knock off from a read brand sorry i dont buy knock offs

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

go to a canadian website like newegg.ca or amazon.ca not the .com version. 

and the asus motherboard you sent me is a open box come on like seriously and its still more expensive than a intel board. and its the us website lol

8 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

please explain why i need such a thing for what usage? from my knowledge only reason someone would need super high quality vrm's is if your overclocking. 

its not super high quality, its regular quality.

I said its probably fine for stock, so you should be fine w/ the TUF

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

its not super high quality, its regular quality.

I said its probably fine for stock, so you should be fine w/ the TUF

just seems as if your a fan boy of gigabyte or some other manufacture. and just because something is Asus then you think its crap. id like to see what you think a high quality board is then

On 5/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, truckerlenny said:

just seems as if your a fan boy of gigabyte or some other manufacture. and just because something is Asus then you think its crap. id like to see what you think a high quality board is then

MSI gamin edge/ gamin pro carbon, gigabyte z390 aorus elite, asrock Z390 extreme4/ phantom gaming 6, asus Z370.

ur a fanboy of asus lmao.

58 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

MSI gamin edge/ gamin pro carbon, gigabyte z390 aorus elite, asrock Z390 extreme4/ phantom gaming 6, asus Z370.

ur a fanboy of asus lmao.

lol not a fan boy at least i dont think. i like the fact that i can get alot of my rgb parts with one manufacture so i dont have to open 2 or more programs to adjust the lights. so mobo, gpu, and rgb strips i can get with asus i wasnt aware or havnt come across the other brand with all that. 

i do like the boards that you suggested but then i have question do i need to have a program open to control the mobo rgb and another program for the gpu rgb (even if its of the same manufacture) and what about additional rgb light strips. is that then another program. i like having the lights on when playing games but for anything else i hate it. 

i also wanted wifi and bluetooth without having to add a additional w lan card or bluetooth card. i see the msi board has that.

seems the msi mystic light feature works with the mobo, its gpu GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-GAMING-X-6G and it says it supports other brands for rgb lighting i will check into that as i do like the msi afterburner. even on my current evga 680 i have msi installed. 

any suggestions for rgb light that will work with msi mystic light

the corsair rgb lrd lighting kits should work with mystic light. that way all light are controlled by the same program.

it seems that msi might be better after all. allows me to control alot of brands still maintains a all black or black and grey color scheme without rgb which i like for parts other than my fans lol. and the gpu still has rgb but works under mystic light as well. maybe thats what i will do.  its not a big difference in pricing. and still has all the features i want well at least i think i will compare later

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Then theres's no need for Z390, K processor, or high end cooler.  These are just wastes of money if you don't overclock them.

the z390 comes with more features other then the ability to overclock. it comes stock with wifi and bluetooth as well. also most include rgb headers on the board and more fan support on the board as well in regards to pwn fans. usually has 2 fan slots for cpu cooling. i know the d15s is overkill but i like the look. as for the 9700k i dont think there is a 9700 

6 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

the z390 comes with more features other then the ability to overclock. it comes stock with wifi and bluetooth as well. also most include rgb headers on the board and more fan support on the board as well in regards to pwn fans. usually has 2 fan slots for cpu cooling. i know the d15s is overkill but i like the look. as for the 9700k i dont think there is a 9700 

You can absolutely get B360 boards with WiFi and Bluetooth.

13 minutes ago, geo3 said:

You can absolutely get B360 boards with WiFi and Bluetooth.

alot of the boards at the b360 range has specific painted colors that cant be changed without modding. it.

Hy all!

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase pro 3 (L467 x W235 x H505 mm) mid tower (5 places for 140mm case fans) with 3 140x25mm fans for now. I would like to upgrade it to 6 140mm fans.

I have hardly found some information about the "F1" ended fan, the other seems to be the same (0.14A, 2W, max. 1200 RPM 28 CFM, 6.526 mmH2O)

The third is about a 1 year old Be quiet silent wings 3 high speed fan (0.55A, max. 1600 RPM, 77.5 CFM, 2.16 mmH2O, 28.1dBa TERRIBLE noisy)

My opinion is to move the 2 cooler master fans to the front (as real pressure fans), install 2 of the 140mm Air flow specificated fans to the top and 1 to the back (blow the air out from the case).

My 3 most like AF fans are: Corsair AF140 (CO-9050009-WW), Cryorig XT140 (CR-XTA) and Arctic BioniX F140 (ACFAN00096A)

The processor will get a Cryorig R1 universal CPU cooler (L128.5 mm x W140 mm x H168.3 mm).

Please help me if I'm thinking righ with this option for the best air flow in the case and please help me to chose the best air flow specific fans.

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Szemike84 said:

Hy all!

Thank you!

ok so i would put the non high flow ones on top 2x 140mm as exhaust

front i would do 1 intake fan high flow

rear i would do intake high flow

ensure your cpu cooler is on the same flow pattern for both fans i usually use push but both on pull will work just as fine. 

this hopefully will allow for a positive pressure. and allow hot air to move as natural as it wants which is up. so by putting the front and rear as intakes and the top at exhaust then it encourages the natural flow of hotair you are just helping it go that way (alot)

this is in my opinion the best method some other may disagree and have other ideas. main thing is try different methods and keep a eye on temps and find out what works best for your setup watch some youtube video from jayztwocents or linus on air flow and negative and positive pressure and dust control using fans

I just want to point out that filling every fan slot isn't normally the best approach.

Running 3 good fans in front and 1 in back in generally your best option. Adding one more top fan closest to the rear can sometimes improve temps a tad, but anything past 3F 1R really starts to hit diminishing returns and can even hurt temps due to how they can effect your air flow. Wind tunnel effect is still the most efficient.

Now if you are going custom water that changes a little bit, but for air cooling more isn't always better.

7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I just want to point out that filling every fan slot isn't normally the best approach.

Running 3 good fans in front and 1 in back in generally your best option. Adding one more top fan closest to the rear can sometimes improve temps a tad, but anything past 3F 1R really starts to hit diminishing returns and can even hurt temps due to how they can effect your air flow. Wind tunnel effect is still the most efficient.

Now if you are going custom water that changes a little bit, but for air cooling more isn't always better.

I have only 2 places for 140mm fans, 1 140mm place at the back and 2 more 140mm on the top. I'm going to buy a Cryorig R1 universal processor heat sink. The fans on it will pull the air from the front and push out at the rear (where would be a high flow fan too. I've planned 2 high flow fans to the front (or 1 static pressure to the front bottom and 1 high flow to the front upper) and 2 static pressure fans to the top. The top side fan which will be closer to the front will push fresh air to the case, the other top side fan, which is at the back side will pull out the air from the case. Could it work well, or my opinion is false? :) I'm thinking in a "5 high flow fan" variant too with the same settings. The dinensions of the case are: L467 x W235 x H505 mm

15 minutes ago, Szemike84 said:

I have only 2 places for 140mm fans, 1 140mm place at the back and 2 more 140mm on the top. I'm going to buy a Cryorig R1 universal processor heat sink. The fans on it will pull the air from the front and push out at the rear (where would be a high flow fan too. I've planned 2 high flow fans to the front (or 1 static pressure to the front bottom and 1 high flow to the front upper) and 2 static pressure fans to the top. The top side fan which will be closer to the front will push fresh air to the case, the other top side fan, which is at the back side will pull out the air from the case. Could it work well, or my opinion is false? :) I'm thinking in a "5 high flow fan" variant too with the same settings. The dinensions of the case are: L467 x W235 x H505 mm

Remeber that naturally hot air tends to rise. I would run front care fans as intake. Then the rear fan ofcourse would be exhaust... you can also add another exhaust fan to the top rear... but adding another in front for intake wouldn't be a good move.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

Remeber that naturally hot air tends to rise. I would run front care fans as intake. Then the rear fan ofcourse would be exhaust... you can also add another exhaust fan to the top rear... but adding another in front for intake wouldn't be a good move.

Thank you four your kind help! :) So 2 intake to the front, 1 exhaust to the rear, 2 exhaust to the top. The 2 intake fan total CFM have to be minimum equal to the exhaus fans total CFM. Am I right?

I would only go with 1 fan on the top as close as possible to the back.

If you have 2 fans on top for example the one closer to the front will be sucking out that fresh air before it hits your cooler which would possibly increase your CPU temps.

• 2 months later...

I know this post is old, but I'm in the middle of a similar build to yours (OP) and I wondered how you ended up with your fans.

i79700K, Asus WSZ390P, Vengeance3200, Noctua: I went with the NH-U12A, three more of the same fan plus 2x80 Noctuas for the basement maybe.

I have an 80+T 850 overkill PSU, but my priorities are: low power draw, stability, and speed up my LR/PS workflow. In that order, which also sounds similar to your goals as I inferred 'em.

PSU is fan down like yours. I'm thinking about intake on the 80mms also (I don't have a lot of drives, but I might get some). After that, I wonder about pushpull vs +/- setups. Have you tested? Any conclusions? Or tricky hotspots?

Oh yeah, I'm waiting to get everything this week. Then I'll check clearances and consider a 200mm. But I feel like that's also overkill.

16 hours ago, ScottStearns said:

I know this post is old, but I'm in the middle of a similar build to yours (OP) and I wondered how you ended up with your fans.

i79700K, Asus WSZ390P, Vengeance3200, Noctua: I went with the NH-U12A, three more of the same fan plus 2x80 Noctuas for the basement maybe.

I have an 80+T 850 overkill PSU, but my priorities are: low power draw, stability, and speed up my LR/PS workflow. In that order, which also sounds similar to your goals as I inferred 'em.

PSU is fan down like yours. I'm thinking about intake on the 80mms also (I don't have a lot of drives, but I might get some). After that, I wonder about pushpull vs +/- setups. Have you tested? Any conclusions? Or tricky hotspots?

Oh yeah, I'm waiting to get everything this week. Then I'll check clearances and consider a 200mm. But I feel like that's also overkill.

so i finally got mine done 9700k, asus dual rtx2060 o6g, 2x8 gb corsair lpx 3200 memory, corsair hx750i psu asus tuf gaming z390 plus gaming wifi board. put inside a coolermaster haf xb evo case. i have 2 140 fans noctua nf a14 in front as intake (as the case has a dust screen there) i have a 120mm noctua nf a12 in back as exhaust i have 2 80 mm noctua fans as exhaust in back as exhaust. i have a noctua d15s cpu cooler with 2 noctua nf a 15 fans pointed in the same direction towards the side of the case so it exhausts directly outside the side panel. at stock speeds in high loads i dont peak over 75 c idle im at about 3-4 degrees above ambient temps. i dont have room for the 200mm but so want it to be a intake for better positive pressure. but dont fit because of the cpu cooler.