cooling

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by Szemike84,

Hy all!

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase pro 3 (L467 x W235 x H505 mm) mid tower (5 places for 140mm case fans) with 3 140x25mm fans for now. I would like to upgrade it to 6 140mm fans.

The factorially installed fans:

- Cooler master 140x25mm front side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-FN

- Cooler master 140x25mm back side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-F1

I have hardly found some information about the "F1" ended fan, the other seems to be the same (0.14A, 2W, max. 1200 RPM 28 CFM, 6.526 mmH2O)

The third is about a 1 year old Be quiet silent wings 3 high speed fan (0.55A, max. 1600 RPM, 77.5 CFM, 2.16 mmH2O, 28.1dBa TERRIBLE noisy)

My opinion is to move the 2 cooler master fans to the front (as real pressure fans), install 2 of the 140mm Air flow specificated fans to the top and 1 to the back (blow the air out from the case).

My 3 most like AF fans are: Corsair AF140 (CO-9050009-WW), Cryorig XT140 (CR-XTA) and Arctic BioniX F140 (ACFAN00096A)

The processor will get a Cryorig R1 universal CPU cooler (L128.5 mm x W140 mm x H168.3 mm).

Please help me if I'm thinking righ with this option for the best air flow in the case and please help me to chose the best air flow specific fans.

Thank you!

ok so i have a question im building a PC first one in awhile and more considering higher end parts. i have ordered a Cooler Master HAF XB EVO case as i need a case that doesnt take up much height but still accepts a full atx board. but main question is that while i will not be overclocking no i need a aio or is a aftermarket air cooler ok enough for temp wise. something like a noctua nf d15. 

also does anyone have experience building in the case can i install the d15 and still have headroom for the 200 mm fan

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card

Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital - Black NVMe 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.66 CFM 80 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A20 PWM 86.46 CFM 200 mm Fan
Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm Fan
Thermaltake Commander FT Touch Screen 5 Channel Single 5.25" Bay Cooling Fan Controller AC-010-B51NAN-A1
Samsung - LC32F391FWNXZA 32.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Logitech - G403 Prodigy Wireless Optical Mouse
Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Yes, a NH-D15 would fit but not with a 200mm fan at the top unless the fans were lowered and you got a slim 20mm thick fan -- so not the NF-A20. It'd probably be overkill if you're not oc'ing. Here's an example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/TvcYcf

You can probably get away with something a bit cheaper. Where are you shopping / located? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  

Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX

Not overclocking? Try this:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $299.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $130.22 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $430.21
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 18:56 EDT-0400  

A little cheaper for much of the same. A 750 watt PSU is also very excessive, consider a 550 watt. It gives you a lot of room for expansion.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

55 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, a NH-D15 would fit but not with a 200mm fan at the top unless the fans were lowered and you got a slim 20mm thick fan -- so not the NF-A20. It'd probably be overkill if you're not oc'ing. Here's an example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/TvcYcf

You can probably get away with something a bit cheaper. Where are you shopping / located? 

ok thats what i was wondering. ive chosen the 9700k cpu over the 2700k just not a big fan of amd right now. i have had issues with them in the past and have not had any issues with intel. could have been faulty cpu but not worth the risk. plus the 9700k accordnig to userbench is 30% faster which is what i want. i live in canada. so i go to the local canada computers. i refuse to order online for pc parts. 

47 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Gigabyte - H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $130.22 @ Amazon
  Total $430.21

A little cheaper for much of the same. A 750 watt PSU is also very excessive, consider a 550 watt. It gives you a lot of room for expansion.

not interested in going to a older cpu. and i wanna stick with mainly with Asus for as many parts as i can so that i dont need a million programs to run different parts. all to be under as little programs as needed. not interested in saving money. looking to find the best sweet spot for me. was interested in getting a answer about the cpu cooler and a 200mm fan in a haf xb evo. 

I recommend air cooling. Air coolers are cheaper and more reliable than AIOs while also being more than enough to keep your CPU cool.

18 hours ago, fasauceome said:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
  Total $430.21

the reason why i choose the 750 is because of the power efficiency. im estimated to use about 388 watts according to pc part picker. and im right where the psu is the most efficient  which is what major tech youtubes like jayztwocents and linus recommends 

hx750.png

31 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

the reason why i choose the 750 is because of the power efficiency. im estimated to use about 388 watts according to pc part picker. and im right where the psu is the most efficient  which is what major tech youtubes like jayztwocents and linus recommends 

hx750.png

so while it is only a 750 and my max requirement is about 388 watts even if my idle/ non gaming is around 150 watts im still at about 92% efficiency and when im maxed out for requirement then im at about 95% efficiency. which is perfect for what i need. 

RGB Light strip   ASUS ROG Addressable RGB 5050 LED 60cm (i might use multiple 

so i am build a new pc. i dont want any watercooling and im fairly set on the products. just wanna make sure the thing wont overheat. i will not be overclocking. 

essentially i will have the noctua d15s with 2 fans not just one. 2 front 140mm fans used as intake, a 120mm in the back used as exhaust, the psu will be fan down because of blockage on top of psu and the filter is on bottom. 2 80mm fan on bottom rear im not sure if i will go exhaust or intake i was thinking intake to make it more possitive pressure and then the air would be blowing air directly on the ssd and hdd. 

other than that is there anything that speaks ERRORS that i need to fix.

psu i choose because of its ratings and power curve. as well the fact that it does not turn on fan until about 300 watts.  

as for keyboard and mouse i will using a das keyboard 4 pro DASK4MKPROCLI blue switch. and a logitech g703 with the g powerplay mousepad (undecided trying to get some info on the mousepad)

im not the one to be over the top while gaming. the pc will be also used for movies so bright lights that cant be turned off is annoying and no electrical tape is not a solution. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:47 PM, truckerlenny said:

not interested in going to a older cpu. and i wanna stick with mainly with Asus for as many parts as i can so that i dont need a million programs to run different parts. all to be under as little programs as needed. not interested in saving money. looking to find the best sweet spot for me. was interested in getting a answer about the cpu cooler and a 200mm fan in a haf xb evo. 

TUF is really bad, perhaps Z370-F strix

9 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

TUF is really bad, perhaps Z370-F strix

thats a 800$ board here in canada

37 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

thats a 800$ board here in canada

welp, then Maximus XI Apex/Extreme is the only good Z390 ASUS, but if its stock speeds, it should be ok. (the Z390 TUF)

1 hour ago, truckerlenny said:
 i am build a new pc. i dont want any watercooling and im fairly set on the products. just wanna make sure the thing wont overheat. i will not be overclocking. 

essentially i will have the noctua d15s with 2 fans not just one. 2 front 140mm fans used as intake, a 120mm in the back used as exhaust, the psu will be fan down because of blockage on top of psu and the filter is on bottom. 2 80mm fan on bottom rear im not sure if i will go exhaust or intake i was thinking intake to make it more possitive pressure and then the air would be blowing air directly on the ssd and hdd. 

other than that is there anything that speaks ERRORS that i need to fix.

psu i choose because of its ratings and power curve. as well the fact that it does not turn on fan until about 300 watts.  

as for keyboard and mouse i will using a das keyboard 4 pro DASK4MKPROCLI blue switch. and a logitech g703 with the g powerplay mousepad (undecided trying to get some info on the mousepad)

im not the one to be over the top while gaming. the pc will be also used for movies so bright lights that cant be turned off is annoying and no electrical tape is not a solution. 

please capitilize your I's, it helps alot with reading.

You could save some money with non-noctua fans, perhaps be quiet Pure Wings 2.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

please capitilize your I's, it helps alot with reading.

You could save some money with non-noctua fans, perhaps be quiet Pure Wings 2.

i like the color of the noctua fans lol im paying for the looks. 

1 minute ago, truckerlenny said:

i like the color of the noctua fans lol im paying for the looks. 

wait, the noctua brown and beige? lmao

49 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

welp, then Maximus XI Apex/Extreme is the only good Z390 ASUS, but if its stock speeds, it should be ok. (the Z390 TUF)

the Maximus XI Apex/Extreme is also another $600-800$ board. from my knowledge those boards are mainly for overclockers. which i will never do. i dont wanna pay for features i wont and dont wanna use. 

I just spend a little under $2.6k USD on a build and I have a 12 core multithreaded threadripper 1920x and a Gigabyte Aorus 2080 ti, all  other specs close to being the same apart from no monitor and case has shittier airflow I'm sure..... then again I have a 75hz, 1440p, 32" IPS panel for well under $250, obviously you prefer a quiet rig and hate AMD but your kind of hamstringing yourself especially if you are determined to put so much of the % of money into the cpu and staying away from AMD...

You should consider the threadripper platform tbh much more strable with things like RAM and just not crashing randomly. I have build 3 ryzen systems before this and it is much, much, better.

You can get the 1920x for about $320 usd

Literally just buy a 1920x is best CPU

AMD shill

AORUS shill

Enjoy me while I'm here, BANHAMMER INC

2 minutes ago, SigmaDire said:

I just spend a little under $2.6k USD on a build and I have a 12 core multithreaded threadripper 1920x and a Gigabyte Aorus 2080 ti, all  other specs close to being the same apart from no monitor and case has shittier airflow I'm sure..... then again I have a 75hz, 1440p, 32" IPS panel for well under $250, obviously you prefer a quiet rig and hate AMD but your kind of hamstringing yourself especially if you are determined to put so much of the % of money into the cpu and staying away from AMD...

You should consider the threadripper platform tbh much more strable with things like RAM and just not crashing randomly. I have build 3 ryzen systems before this and it is much, much, better.

hes CAD, canadia

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

hes CAD, canadia

okay to it's a $700 difference instead, my bad, he could still get a rtx 2060

:P

AMD shill

AORUS shill

2 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

the Maximus XI Apex/Extreme is also another $600-800$ board. from my knowledge those boards are mainly for overclockers. which i will never do. i dont wanna pay for features i wont and dont wanna use. 

well those are the only ASUS Z390 boards with half-decent VRMs. (along with Gene)

I'm pretty sure the Maximus XI Formula/Code/Hero have the same VRM as the Z390-F, which has a pretty bad 4 phase, with only 50A powerstages

4 minutes ago, SigmaDire said:

the 1920x is slower in games about 12% according to user bench. and is already a generation old. 

considering the 1920x cpu is about 450 canadian, yes it is cheaper than a 9700k but trying to get a quality asus board for under 400 is impossible with the features i want. which then makes it more expensive. i cant find a 75hz, 1440 32inch curved panel for anywhere around that price lol. not even in knock off brands. 

ive owned 2 amds and 2 intels no issues with either so far just going based on specs and overall costs. 

8 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

well those are the only ASUS Z390 boards with half-decent VRMs. (along with Gene)

I'm pretty sure the Maximus XI Formula/Code/Hero have the same VRM as the Z390-F, which has a pretty bad 4 phase, with only 50A powerstages

please explain why i need such a thing for what usage? from my knowledge only reason someone would need super high quality vrm's is if your overclocking. 

11 minutes ago, SigmaDire said:

okay to it's a $700 difference instead, my bad, he could still get a rtx 2060

:P

the 2060 is only about 18 % faster than the 1660ti and about 30% more expensive. plus considering im only using a 1080p monitor i dont think there will be a issue

17 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

the 1920x is slower in games about 12% according to user bench. and is already a generation old. 

considering the 1920x cpu is about 450 canadian, yes it is cheaper than a 9700k but trying to get a quality asus board for under 400 is impossible with the features i want. which then makes it more expensive. i cant find a 75hz, 1440 32inch curved panel for anywhere around that price lol. not even in knock off brands. 

ive owned 2 amds and 2 intels no issues with either so far just going based on specs and overall costs. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CG41Y8Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AMD shill

AORUS shill