Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Queen Chrysallis

Tight budget (CPU/GPU/Perhaps PSU) for content creation and gaming. Send help i've no clue

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys

Trying to help out a bud on a tight af budget
But since i always go overkill on almost everything, i got no good advice to give here
So, hope you guys can help out

Options:

Ryzen 3 1300X with GTX 1060
Ryzen 5 2400G (this option would allow for a psu upgrade and ditch a shit VS450)
Ryzen 5 1600 with GTX 750Ti

Budget is around 200-250 (used a converter so could be off by a bit)

Purpose:

Moderate content creation on Krita and Lightroom
Light-ish gaming such as Just Cause 3, Mass Effect 2-3, Mad Max etc
Witcher 3, MGS V and DA Inquisition are also in mind but i honestly doubt it with a system like this

Res: 1920x1080 60hz

only one stick of 8gigs hyperx fury so no choice but to run that high performance single channel
also it must be AMD cuz already have an asrock B350 board

thx

Current, Old Rig

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agilty3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

New Rig (in The Works, Missing PSU)

Mobo: MSI Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Dual Channel // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

- Previously ReggieGRS

9 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I would go option 3 if the main focus is on content creation.

Yea that's the most appealing option right now but idk about the VS450 tho... Its a real bad PSU... Sure its not demanding hardware but still...

Current, Old Rig

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agilty3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Mobo: MSI Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Dual Channel // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

- Previously ReggieGRS

@GoldenLag @Origami Cactus

I was thinking of suggesting him to get the 1300X + 750Ti to get a better PSU and get another stick of ram to run dual...

Is it worth it?

Current, Old Rig

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS

5 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

@GoldenLag @Origami Cactus

I was thinking of suggesting him to get the 1300X + 750Ti to get a better PSU and get another stick of ram to run dual...

Is it worth it?

you can probably get something better than a 750ti. say a hd 7850

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you can probably get something better than a 750ti. say a hd 7850

For parts such as this there would be no choice but to tap the used market and i don't like it...

Granted, is not my rig but his, but i wouldn't advise him to do something i wouldn't myself, yknow...

Current, Old Rig

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS

6 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

For parts such as this there would be no choice but to tap the used market and i don't like it...

Granted, is not my rig but his, but i wouldn't advise him to do something i wouldn't myself, yknow...

i mean its GCN. id grab it if you can find it for around the same ammount of money, 

3 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

That also sounds good, dual channel will be good for the cpu.

Yea, i was thinking that the addition of dual module could be a nice compensation for the less core 1300X

That said, on the loads listed in the first post, would only 4 cores be alright?

Current, Old Rig

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS

24 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Yea, i was thinking that the addition of dual module could be a nice compensation for the less core 1300X

That said, on the loads listed in the first post, would only 4 cores be alright?

Ye, at amatuer levels of workflow the 4 core 1300x is very fine. Keep in mind that you need a cooler for it. You could also overclock it to 3.9ghz, then it would be a fine processor.

Lightroom isn't that multithreaded, it is more of a single core program.

20 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Ye, at amatuer levels of workflow the 4 core 1300x is very fine. Keep in mind that you need a cooler for it. You could also overclock it to 3.9ghz, then it would be a fine processor.

Lightroom isn't that multithreaded, it is more of a single core program.

Cooling-wise he has a Lucifer K2.

I know little of it but seems to be a decent cooler.

Fairly beefy too.

Should be able to handle an OCed 1300X i'm assuming?

Current, Old Rig

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS

7 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

Cooling-wise he has a Lucifer K2.

I know little of it but seems to be a decent cooler.

Fairly beefy too.

Should be able to handle an OCed 1300X i'm assuming?

If it has am4 bracket then yeah. Maybe am3 will also do.

14 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

If it has am4 bracket then yeah. Maybe am3 will also do.

Yea it came "AM4 ready" so i'm assuming he's got a proper mounting kit for it

Thanks for helping out. A local store is getting rid of old stock.

Imma grab 2 1300X as well cuz its quite cheap

Leave one on shelf and maybe build a budget rig with the other and gift someone

Cheers

Current, Old Rig

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS