Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turtle Rig

AMD RX 570 with a new gen CPU

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Right now my buds is using a Core 2 Quad no OCed along with a RX 570 I bought for him.  He immiediely said its so fast and so smooth compared to his old 760 GTX.  My question is how much more FPS will he gain when he upgrades his CPU to a 2018 CPU.  He play at 1080p and lets say he gets 60fps constant, with no real drops.


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on CPU and games, but if you have 6c it would not drop that often, But there is nothing wrong with 4/8 tbh. Can get a 60-80 medium settings depends on games again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the games, although going from the core 2 era to something like Zen 2 would likely be quite the leap


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends from game to game so it's hard to give an accurate figure, but I'm 100% certain it will be a very noticeable difference.

With something like a Ryzen 5 2600 I think he'd probably get around 80-100fps at 1080p High settings in most games.


Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Build Guide Megathread | GPU Cooler Tier List | How to set up a Linux Gaming PC from start to finish

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 136

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB + WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Blaupunkt 32" TV + Samsung S24D590L 

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Right now my buds is using a Core 2 Quad no OCed along with a RX 570 I bought for him.  He immiediely said its so fast and so smooth compared to his old 760 GTX.  My question is how much more FPS will he gain when he upgrades his CPU to a 2018 CPU.  He play at 1080p and lets say he gets 60fps constant, with no real drops.

There's no way he noticed any difference between the GTX 760 and the RX 570, the CPU bottlenecks both of them hard, so I bet there will be quite a huge difference in all games

 

But if all he wants is 60 FPS and he's already getting it, then what's the point of upgrading

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

There's no way he noticed any difference between the GTX 760 and the RX 570, the CPU bottlenecks both of them hard, so I bet there will be quite a huge difference in all games

 

But if all he wants is 60 FPS and he's already getting it, then what's the point of upgrading

Hey complains when maps are big he says it slows down, and I tell him its the CPU holding him back.  Im right when I say that to him right ?


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Depends on CPU and games, but if you have 6c it would not drop that often, But there is nothing wrong with 4/8 tbh. Can get a 60-80 medium settings depends on games again.

It's a 4/4, I don't think there were Core 2 series CPUs with more than 4 cores/threads. Not to mention IPC is terrible and since it's not OCed the clocks will be abysmal by today's standards as well. 570 is way too much for that to handle, it's better paired with a more modern i5 at least, or an older OCed 6c. 


 If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

 

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's a 4/4, I don't think there were Core 2 series CPUs with more than 4 cores/threads. Not to mention IPC is terrible and since it's not OCed the clocks will be abysmal by today's standards as well. 570 is way too much for that to handle, it's better paired with a more modern i5 at least, or an older OCed 6c. 

Well I'm not talking about core 2 series because op's asked about how much performance it will get with 2018 hardware's

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oalei said:

Well I'm not talking about core 2 series because op's asked about how much performance it will get with 2018 hardware's

Ah, missed that. 


 If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

 

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Hey complains when maps are big he says it slows down, and I tell him its the CPU holding him back.  Im right when I say that to him right ?

most likely yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×