Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qaziush

Issue with old ram stick

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i did few test  with with my ram just 2 c if ram can cause stutter in few games. And turns out old stick is having some issue and i can't tell what but in few games newer 8gb kingstone hyperx fury is perfoming much better then my old kingstone hyperx genesis in single slot by 10 fps. And i can't figure out why is that also if i should keep on using old one with new, or just keep new single 8gb. Is there like any ram benchmark test?

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Well if the newer one performs better, use it.

So i should stick with single instead of duo?

What are the speeds of each stick? Were you running both before? Is this a 1x8gb vs a 2x4gb?

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What are the speeds of each stick? Were you running both before? Is this a 1x8gb vs a 2x4gb?

Ya i used them both b4 but iv notice ever since i got newer one some games waren't running like they use, so today i did test and turns out old one was causing issues. They are both Kingstone Hyperx 8gb expect old one is genesis and new one is fury they both at 1866mhz i think i just checked task bar it says 1866mhz instead of 1600 when i used them both maybe genesis is 1600 i gotta check it gonna post later.

If they are different speeds your RAM will get throttled to the slowest of the two.

20 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If they are different speeds your RAM will get throttled to the slowest of the two.

Yap they are different speed old one is 1600 which is weird because on box it says 1866 i guess ill just use single one for now i don't have many games that require 16gb of ram well expect battlefield 1 which i don't play at all.

Depending on the age of your system you may be able to find another stick of the same make/model/speed for fairly cheap if you decide you need 16gb of memory.