Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonedyou

bad video card?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi i'm trying to figure out whether i have a bricked card or just a bad silicon lottery card. Basically i can't get the core clock past +40 without getting weird things happen in gta 5 like blurry textures and random glitches/freezing, But the memory is totally stable at +1000???? I know the memory is stable because i had the clock at stock when i tested the memory and nothing crashed or anything. Is it maybe a driver issue or something? It's really frustrating.. The card is a rtx 2060 zotac twin. Any help is appreciated :)

.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi yes, GDDR6 is very oc'able. i think you were just unlucky. 


CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moonedyou said:

Hi i'm trying to figure out whether i have a bricked card or just a bad silicon lottery card. Basically i can't get the core clock past +40 without getting weird things happen in gta 5 like blurry textures and random glitches/freezing, But the memory is totally stable at +1000???? I know the memory is stable because i had the clock at stock when i tested the memory and nothing crashed or anything. Is it maybe a driver issue or something? It's really frustrating.. The card is a rtx 2060 zotac twin. Any help is appreciated :)

.    

Download MSI afterburner and do a OC scanner - see what values that spits out 


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Download MSI afterburner and do a OC scanner - see what values that spits out 

just tried, it got to +140 core on a custom curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moonedyou said:

just tried, it got to +140 core on a custom curve.

So apply that 140mhz on the core and bring down memory to 500mhz.

 

Run a benchmark like heaven and see if it’s stable 


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So apply that 140mhz on the core and bring down memory to 500mhz.

 

Run a benchmark like heaven and see if it’s stable 

Just tried doing the OC Scanner, it lasted about 10-15 mins before having the same behavior. What should i try next? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, moonedyou said:

Just tried doing the OC Scanner, it lasted about 10-15 mins before having the same behavior. What should i try next? 

Hmmm... either a real bad bin or something else is wrong. Not entirely sure tho what that could be..

 

if if you don’t OC at all, does the card work fine then?


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Hmmm... either a real bad bin or something else is wrong. Not entirely sure tho what that could be..

 

if if you don’t OC at all, does the card work fine then?

when i have it stock it workers perfectly fine, so most likely i just have a bad overclocker? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, moonedyou said:

when i have it stock it workers perfectly fine, so most likely i just have a bad overclocker? 

Most probably; yes! Sorry to be delivering the bad news 😅


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 5/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Stormseeker9 said:

Most probably; yes! Sorry to be delivering the bad news 😅

Thats okay since its still a fast card lol thanks for the help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×