Rasp. Pi3 as 3D print hardware

RasmusDC

i have a Creality CS10 Pro, i am quite happy with it, runs SD cards, and USB interface.

I however would have liked to be able to just wireless printing from that.. do anyone know how to start, if i want to f.ex. take my old raspberry Pi3 and USB mount it to the Printer, and put it on wireless, and be able to remote print..

Okay i will try.....

Actually i have 4 printers, setting it up as one server, being able to work with multiples would be nice, each printer is in a smart homeplug, so having the setup trigger power to the printer that i would like to print on, would be nice to..

thanks guys.

Octoprint is the ticket.  I have mine setup such that the Rpi triggers a relay giving power to the printer.  Octopint also has VPN functionality built in so you can start/stop/monitor your prints from anywhere.  Make sure to pick up a webcam too.  I use the raspberry pi webcam but most usb webcams will work.  It's nice to be able to check in on your prints once in a while and shut it down if it starts turning to spaghetti.

Some people are getting creative by adding additional motors and controls to remotely remove objects from the print bed so they can start a new print from off-site.  I'm not there yet.