Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brick1026

Splitscreen on Non-splitscreen games?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am trying to find a way to run star wars battlefront 2 classic in two windows in a lan party or something to essentially create split screen functionality. I found a tutorial for another game to accomplish something similar but it requires pirating a program and I am simply not comfortable with that. I will link to the guide anyway for reference. Would anyone have a method to do this? My PC is really bad, but I figure since a game from 2005 is not particularly demanding running two instances of a program is not so crazy. Thanks for the help in advance. 

FYI: I am running windows 10 with a 6400t cpu and a gt 730 

This guide https://www.online-tech-tips.com/fun-stuff/how-to-turn-any-multiplayer-game-into-split-screen-on-one-pc/ ?

No need to pirate anything. Just pay little fee to get the software.

I was remember if i have done this previously. But what I tried to do was having split screen using two monitors when game already has that functionality. The short of it, not worth the hassle.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This guide https://www.online-tech-tips.com/fun-stuff/how-to-turn-any-multiplayer-game-into-split-screen-on-one-pc/ ?

No need to pirate anything. Just pay little fee to get the software.

I was remember if i have done this previously. But what I tried to do was having split screen using two monitors when game already has that functionality. The short of it, not worth the hassle.

That does seem like a hassle, having to buy 2 copies of a game to do local "split-screen." I just wish games would allow for the option of vertical or horizontal split so multi monitors can have individual monitors instead of splitting one.

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That does seem like a hassle, having to buy 2 copies of a game to do local "split-screen." I just wish games would allow for the option of vertical or horizontal split so multi monitors can have individual monitors instead of splitting one.

That was what I was looking to do. Its possible, but needs custom resolution expanded over two monitors etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, LogicalDrm said:

That was what I was looking to do. Its possible, but needs custom resolution expanded over two monitors etc.

I have a triple setup. But if I wanted to play local split screen in a racing game, chances are pretty good even if I had it set to dual it would still be a horizontal split.