Need help connecting ODD

NiceShice
Go to solution Solved by Bishop Crane,

Either of the cables you posted will work.
Its just different options for power, some older PSU's don't have an option for a SATA power connector.

You will definitely need power though, the data connector is for data only.

Hey guys and gals,

I need help connecting an ODD. It's a slim slot-in ODD I took out of an old Laptop. Now after searching around quite a bit, I still don't really know how to connect it.

I do know that I need a Slim SATA (or Slimline SATA) cable to connect it datawise, but do I also need power?

Can I connect this https://www.amazon.de/DeLOCK-SATA-Slimline-ALL-cable/dp/B001MEY99G to a SATA port on the Mobo and the Molex to the PSU for it to work?

Or do I take this https://www.amazon.de/DeLock-Kabel-SATA-13pin-Buchse/dp/B002OVNZ1E and connect the SATA power thingy to the PSU?

Thanks in advance!

Could you post a picture of the ODD, and specifically its connectors? :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

#1 Connectors: Should be, as already said, Slimline SATA (or 7+6 Pin SATA)photo_2019-05-19_21-30-50.jpg.be088fb5fd19e7d98358d71636c936b4.jpg

#2 Drive: Standard kinda slim slot in drive. I already screwed it into the mount for the new case (Cougar QBX)photo_2019-05-19_21-30-44.jpg.90ca342c6b6eba87122587d6d53bb320.jpg

Either of the cables you posted will work.
Its just different options for power, some older PSU's don't have an option for a SATA power connector.

You will definitely need power though, the data connector is for data only.