HP Compaq GPU Upgrade

Hello, I've been wanting to build a PC for as cheap as I could. I found used HP Compaq 8200 SFF (i5-2400,8GB RAM) and HP Compaq Pro 6300 MicroTower (i5-3570,8GB RAM) for 100$ each. Now I would like to put something like GTX 950/1050/1050 Ti or RX 560 in it (as long as it doesn't need an external power from PSU). PSU is not upgradeable unless you order special ones made from HP. Has anyone tried putting this GPUs in this PC and what would be the problems? I've read that maximum power that PCIE slots on this mobos can draw is 25/35W but then again I can see alot of this builds made on the internet and they say everything is working smoothly. Every reply is helpful, thanks.

I have "gaming pc" made out of hp compaq pro 6300 sff with gtx 1050 ti in it. only with 240w psu. I haved this pc over 1 year now and it's working very good still. So put gtx 1050 ti on your hp compaq pro 6300 microtower. It's good little gaming pc :)

3 minutes ago, eemunni said:

I have "gaming pc" made out of hp compaq pro 6300 sff with gtx 1050 ti in it. only with 240w psu. I haved this pc over 1 year now and it's working very good still. So put gtx 1050 ti on your hp compaq pro 6300 microtower. It's good little gaming pc :)

Thanks, I think a microtower version has 320W PSU, guess it cant hurt it. Did you put 1050 Ti low profile card or a normal one fits in?

Edited by Sertinjo
grammar

Just now, Sertinjo said:

Did you put 1050 Ti low profile card or a normal one fits in?

Microtower has normal size gpu bracket so you can buy normal gtx 1050 ti on it.

So I guess that HP claims that their PCI slot only draws 25W is fake. What are the 1050 temperatures and did you overclock it?

6 minutes ago, eemunni said:

I have "gaming pc" made out of hp compaq pro 6300 sff with gtx 1050 ti in it. only with 240w psu.

don't follow this bad advice

Just now, emosun said:

Why?

1 minute ago, Sertinjo said:

What are the 1050 temperatures and did you overclock it?

On my case gpu tempatures go up to 68 celsius and I didn't overclock it.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

My setup draws only about 180 watts when I play games like rust and forza horizon 4.

3 minutes ago, eemunni said:

My setup draws only about 180 watts when I play games like rust and forza horizon 4.

from a garbage power supply that barely makes 180w.

are you reading the label on the cheap freebee power supply in your hp and assuming it actually makes the wattage it says on the sticker? lol

Just now, emosun said:

are you reading the label on the cheap freebee power supply in your hp and assuming it actually makes the wattage it says on the sticker? lol

I stress tested my pc yesterday and it took about 220w max And I know that's a little too low headroom but it made it without bsod or shutdown.

Just now, eemunni said:

it made it without bsod or shutdown.

and in your mind the computer would need to LITERALLY SHUT ITSELF OFF before you consider it a problem?

let me guess..... your car would need to be literally rolling end over end down a hill before you considered the bald tires to be a problem right?

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

From what I read in HP paperwork they use Lite On Platinum PSU, so I guess its a good quality although power might be concern.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

and in your mind the computer would need to LITERALLY SHUT ITSELF OFF before you consider it a problem?

Yes of course. I start worrying when it starts shutting down randomly. :D

1 minute ago, eemunni said:

Yes of course. I start worrying when it starts shutting down randomly. :D

ok , then that is why your advice is bad , to answer your question.

4 minutes ago, Sertinjo said:

From what I read in HP paperwork they use Lite On Platinum PSU, so I guess its a good quality although power might be concern.

replace it with a real power supply , theres a proper list here , study it and select from there

1 minute ago, emosun said:

replace it with a real power supply , theres a proper list here , study it and select from there

First he needs 24pin to 6pin adapter and he need to rewire it too with this