Cannot decide between Tab S5e and Ipad pro 11"

weirdbit145

As the title says i cannot decide. I'll be using the tablet mostly to look at my textbooks and watch Netflix, Youtube eg. For the price ipad seems a bit overkill but i'm concerned about the SD670 in the S5e getting outdated pretty fast. Is there another alternative to these tablets or should i just buy one of them ? 

Surface Pro series, you will be avle to use it for quite a bit more. 

As @GoldenLag said a Surface Pro or if you've a little more money to hand a Dell XPS Convertible

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, weirdbit145 said:

As the title says i cannot decide. I'll be using the tablet mostly to look at my textbooks and watch Netflix, Youtube eg. For the price ipad seems a bit overkill but i'm concerned about the SD670 in the S5e getting outdated pretty fast. Is there another alternative to these tablets or should i just buy one of them ? 

Between the two, an iPad.  You can always get an iPad Air if you'd like to save money, since it's still using a cutting-edge chip (as of this post) and a great display.

The iPads (both the Air and the Pro) will be faster, but I'd say the greater appeal may be the software.  The Android tablet ecosystem is... lousy.  There still aren't many tablet-optimized Android apps, it's difficult to tell which ones are optimized, and Google doesn't seem to care about improving the experience as a whole.  Apple, meanwhile, can point to loads of iPad-optimized apps, makes it easy to browse them and has spent the past few years aggressively upgrading the experience for iPad owners.

Please ignore people suggesting a Surface Pro.  You're getting something for reading and videos; you want something light and easy to carry, and a 1.7-pound, 12.3-inch tablet is not going to be good for that experience.  You'd only want a Surface if you absolutely insist on having access to Windows software.

I use my 12.9" iPad pro for reading textbooks and its great. The screens get really bright and have good contrast making it easy to read textbooks. Also the speakers are better than most laptop speakers. 

iPad of course.

Tbh, even the iPad Air 3 is a better choice than any Android Tablet (iPad Pro 10.5" 2017 is also better than Air 3).

iPad Pro in my opinion: Only, if you want to use the Pencil alot, and do have quite the high end requirements (best screen, best speakers, best everything etc). otherwise, iPad Pro 10.5" or Air 3 are a perfect Choice too. But for Videos, Pro > non-Pro because of stereo speakers.

On 5/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, weirdbit145 said:

the ipad pro is the right choice. IOS is just much mre amazing on a tablet than android and apple focus more on their tablets than samsung and the ipad pro has better value for if you want to sell it in the future

If you've a lot of paid apps in the Android ecosystem, or you have specific niche uses (emulation, for example), then the Galaxy Tab. Otherwise iPad all the way.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…