Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redux GB

CPU unable to reach maximum performance

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My A8-7650K used to run perfectly fine, but recently it is only reaching a max utilisation of 81%. Doing any sort of bios change reduces the amount more. Is there anything I could do to try rectify it for the next few months?


Mention me for a reply (@Whupa)

 

My Desktop Specs

AMD A8-7650k | R7 Integrated graphics | 16GB Ram (2x 8GB DDR3) | GA-F2A68HM-HD2 | 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redux GB said:

My A8-7650K used to run perfectly fine, but recently it is only reaching a max utilisation of 81%. Doing any sort of bios change reduces the amount more. Is there anything I could do to try rectify it for the next few months?

Well maybe it doesn’t need more then 81% usage at that moment?

 

what happens when you run a benchmark like aida64 ? Does it then go to 100%


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Well maybe it doesn’t need more then 81% usage at that moment?

 

what happens when you run a benchmark like aida64 ? Does it then go to 100%

It maxes out at 81% usage on any bench mark I through at it.


Mention me for a reply (@Whupa)

 

My Desktop Specs

AMD A8-7650k | R7 Integrated graphics | 16GB Ram (2x 8GB DDR3) | GA-F2A68HM-HD2 | 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redux GB said:

It maxes out at 81% usage on any bench mark I through at it.

Hmm this sounds like what Linus ran into when he was doing that Chinese water block livestream and the CPU got stuck at 80-81% utilisation. 

 

Not entirely sure how to fix this


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Hmm this sounds like what Linus ran into when he was doing that Chinese water block livestream and the CPU got stuck at 80-81% utilisation. 

 

Not entirely sure how to fix this

When checking with msi afterburner, it says its running at 100%. Maybe there is an issue with windows so it doesn't display it correctly.


Mention me for a reply (@Whupa)

 

My Desktop Specs

AMD A8-7650k | R7 Integrated graphics | 16GB Ram (2x 8GB DDR3) | GA-F2A68HM-HD2 | 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×