Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rafif

Does ryzen 5 1600 + gtx 1060 still a good pair ??

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So im planning to build a pc for the first time,is this specs still good? (Sorry for my bad english) 

 

-Ryzen 5 1600 

- gtx 1060 6gb

- Apacer 2x4gb ddr4 2666mhz

-Digital Alliance 500w 80+

-ssd 120 gb (for os and small apps only)

-hdd 1tb

-Asrock A320M-HDV

-Digital Alliance case matx

Im not planning to overclock or anything fyi 

Thx

Link to post
Share on other sites

The specs are ok, but i would change the motherboard to a b450 chipset if you can, they are only 10-15$ more expensive, but much better. For example Asrock B450m Pro 4 should be cheap, but it is really good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

The specs are ok, but i would change the motherboard to a b450 chipset if you can, they are only 10-15$ more expensive, but much better. For example Asrock B450m Pro 4 should be cheap, but it is really good.

The difference between a320m and b450 in my country is around 20$+, is it really worth it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rafif said:

The difference between a320m and b450 in my country is around 20$+, is it really worth it ?

But what about other b450 motherboards?

Because if you are going with a320m you are killing your upgradebility, you are limiting yourself to ryzen 1000 and 2000. Also no overclocking etc etc.

I would go with b450m Pro 4 for the simple fact that then you can upgrade to ryzen 3000 and maybe even 4000 down the road, no need to buy a new motherboard etc.

Also better VRM's, so it should last you longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

But what about other b450 motherboards?

Because if you are going with a320m you are killing your upgradebility, you are limiting yourself to ryzen 1000 and 2000. Also no overclocking etc etc.

I would go with b450m Pro 4 for the simple fact that then you can upgrade to ryzen 3000 and maybe even 4000 down the road, no need to buy a new motherboard etc.

Also better VRM's, so it should last you longer.

a320 will have support for 3rd gen ryzen, atleast the biostar ones so i expect other brands to do the same.

https://wccftech.com/biostar-confirms-amd-ryzen-3000-support-on-300-400-series-chipset-motherboards/


The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

a320 will have support for 3rd gen ryzen, atleast the biostar ones so i expect other brands to do the same.

https://wccftech.com/biostar-confirms-amd-ryzen-3000-support-on-300-400-series-chipset-motherboards/

 

From your own link:

Quote

Five A320 motherboards from BIOSTAR will support Ryzen 3000 CPUs, but those would be the ones with onboard Vega graphics and not 7nm Zen 2 cores.

 

So they will only support the 12nm 3000 series, so only zen+, no zen 2 support it seems, like the original rumors said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably get another PSU but a RX 570; this will save a lot of money


RYZEN 5 1500X | 8GB DDR4 | RX 570 4GB | OPTANE SSD 8 58GB | 240GB SSD | CORSAIR 88R

 

Spoiler

OK, i'm not even gonna build this, but is this a good workstation?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($168.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($62.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: Samsung 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($256.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($479.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Lian-Li PC-V2130WX ATX Full Tower Case  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1745.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-09 12:48 EST-0500

-me 3y ago

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×