Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ldmendes7

Which monitor

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am deciding to upgrade to a high refresh rate for gaming, and I want 24 inches as I play CSGO, and as I own a 4k currently 1080p is too much of a downgrade so I would like 1440p. However with these 3 (24", 144hz and 1440p) there are no models with an IPS or VA panel, only TN. So I have narrowed it down to these: 

 

Number 1

Pros: 

  • Looks much better (imo)
  • Cheaper
  • One of the Nvidia supported adaptive sync

 

Number 2

Pros:

  • Up to 165hz (165 vs 144 is negligible though)
  • G sync

 

However as I currently use an IPS pane I think the main decider is which monitor has the best colours, closest to an IPS (as they are TN). I know some TN panels are significantly better than others and some TN panels can almost look as good as an IPS.

 

So which monitor do you think has better colours?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ldmendes7 said:

I am deciding to upgrade to a high refresh rate for gaming, and I want 24 inches as I play CSGO, and as I own a 4k currently 1080p is too much of a downgrade so I would like 1440p. However with these 3 (24", 144hz and 1440p) there are no models with an IPS or VA panel, only TN. So I have narrowed it down to these: 

 

Number 1

Pros: 

  • Looks much better (imo)
  • Cheaper
  • One of the Nvidia supported adaptive sync

 

Number 2

Pros:

  • Up to 165hz (165 vs 144 is negligible though)
  • G sync

 

However as I currently use an IPS pane I think the main decider is which monitor has the best colours, closest to an IPS (as they are TN). I know some TN panels are significantly better than others and some TN panels can almost look as good as an IPS.

 

So which monitor do you think has better colours?

what GPU are you using 

Link to post
Share on other sites

higher rates is always better for Esports Competitive games, and G-Sync is not that important now nVidia also support Freesync Now. I always think that IPS have better colors but for the sake of seeing the enemy first i would go for Acer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

what GPU are you using 

I have a gtx 1070

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ldmendes7 said:

I have a strix gtx 1070

personally i would go the Predator one as the colour on the XB240H (1080p one i have) puts my cheap one to shame, bit hard to see but here is a picture

60546369_624606361346651_5909497725073752064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=d371ddc57ccf234073eaabdec8742d38&oe=5D5CD040

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

personally i would go the Predator one as the colour on the XB240H (1080p one i have) puts my cheap one to shame, bit hard to see but here is a picture

60546369_624606361346651_5909497725073752064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=d371ddc57ccf234073eaabdec8742d38&oe=5D5CD040

what is your cheap monitor?

and is the one on the right the predator?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ldmendes7 said:

what is your cheap monitor?

and is the one on the right the predator?

yeah, the cheap one i cannot remember the name of, but it is also an acer

Link to post
Share on other sites

60887575_297794177821048_6952987405758496768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=bd30e2a3d2d21f341dfc005e99ab95e7&oe=5CE28B03

another image, i'm not sure what it is but as soon as i set up the predator i spend like 20 minutes just moving pictures back and forth between the monitors, amazed at the difference

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, WickedStarfish said:

 

another image, i'm not sure what it is but as soon as i set up the predator i spend like 20 minutes just moving pictures back and forth between the monitors, amazed at the difference

oh wow yeah, I can see the difference

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ldmendes7 said:

oh wow yeah, I can see the difference

maybe a larger colour depth or something like that, i also have not changed the settings of the predator, but when i got the predator i changed the acer's so it was as close to the predator as possible, but as you can see its still a long way off

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×