H150i 360mm temps on 9900k?

I am getting similar results on 6900K with Corsair H115i 280mm. This is normal for 8c/16t CPU like that, especially if overclocked with higher voltages. 

To get 30-35C max under load you would need to have a very powerful custom watercooling loop in well ventilated cool room, and considering how poor the heat dissipation is for these CPUs compared to GPUs, this is probably not even possible without below ambient cooling. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

20 minutes ago, Krzych said:

I am getting similar results on 6900K with Corsair H115i 280mm. This is normal for 8c/16t CPU like that, especially if overclocked with higher voltages. 

To get 30-35C max under load you would need to have a very powerful custom watercooling loop in well ventilated cool room, and considering how poor the heat dissipation is for these CPUs compared to GPUs, this is probably not even possible without below ambient cooling. 

That would be custom loops I think, and even then in ideal conditions like you mentioned.

I have a 240mm rad for my 2700x and run about 28c when doing normal working loads like browsing, forums etc. Under load Max i've seen it do during gaming is mid 50's I believe. 

3-4H stresstest aida64 gave me a 77c average

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

you won't be getting close to the temps you want without a delid and probably a proper good custom loop

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 hours ago, FirstMateCapnJamesMchord said:

From what I've seen liquid cooling temps are supposed to be 20-25c idle and 30-35c max.

these are averages really (for idle temps), the liquid in your cooler will be the same as your room temp, so your idle temps will depend on where you live.

also i wouldn't worry about idle temps that much if you're happy with the load temps.

and yeah there's no way you will get 35C max with even an overkill custom loop, unless you live outside in -C weather..

9900k is a hot running chip

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I have an EKWB custom loop (9900k & 2 x 1080TI's) using 420mm PE & 240mm PE radiators (both running a push/pull configuration with Corsair ML series fans) in a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe T/C case. It's near winter here at the other end of the world and my liquid temperature is currently 25°C. At idle-ish, the CPU is sitting at 29°C & the GPU's are steady at 25°C/28°C (they're plumbed in series) with an ambient of ~19C.

When I first built the loop last year, I ran some tests (15 minutes runs with a 20 minute cool down between each test cycle to normalise temperatures) using Intel's XTU CPU stress test & Heaven Benchmark (Extreme preset) to heat up the components to get a baseline. The fan curve (not too aggressive) is set to respond to the liquid temperature (using a Phobia 10kΩ inline temperature sensor) and results were performed at stock voltages & frequencies:

image.png.e5448483d2b716ab31911e31fea7a785.png

Ambient temperature: 21°C

Combined Test: XTU & Heaven run simultaneously

10 hours ago, FirstMateCapnJamesMchord said:

I'm hitting 30-40c on idle and 51c in league and 65 max.  From what I've seen liquid cooling temps are supposed to be 20-25c idle and 30-35c max.

From what I have typed above, aiming for what you've seen would only be possible at a stupidly low ambient temperature with the silicon lottery winner CPU both lapped and under-volted. Your temperatures (if accurate) are pretty darn good as it is.

What are your ambient temps?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case