Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
domchu

Sweat Stains on Corsair M65 Elite White

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ever since i bought a Corsair M65 Elite White, solid sweat stains appear on both left and right buttons and on the sniper button as well.

I can tolerate this, it just requires cleaning with a microfiber cloth.

Who else has this problem?

Main System

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z Storage: WD Black 1tb NVMe Motherboard: Asus ROG Z390-E CPU cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000MHz DDR4 WHite Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R White

Macbook Pro 15" 2014 (previous main system)

CPU: i7 4770HQ with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 Storage: 512gb SSD RAM: 16gb DDR3

I don't have sweaty hands. Hard dirt only accumulates on my mouse if I use it a lot without cleaning for over a month.

G303. I clean it with an alcohol wet wipe every week :)

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I don't have sweaty hands. Hard dirt only accumulates on my mouse if I use it a lot without cleaning for over a month.

G303. I clean it with an alcohol wet wipe every week :)

Yeah I think I have hard dirt as well but mine accumulates daily 😅

Main System

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z Storage: WD Black 1tb NVMe Motherboard: Asus ROG Z390-E CPU cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000MHz DDR4 WHite Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R White

CPU: i7 4770HQ with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 Storage: 512gb SSD RAM: 16gb DDR3

Does that mouse have some rubber like grip coating? I'm curious because I noticed I have problems with the rubber like material getting warn out fairly quick in the same areas  on every mouse. It's as if my sweat from my hands are too acidic plus wiping it clean makes it wear down even faster.  My 2 month old Corsair Scimitar is already showing signs of heavy usage. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700G (4.1GHz)   AIO: Gamer Storm Castle 360 RGB   Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4   Case: Deep Cool E-Shield   GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Corsair RM750x

11 minutes ago, alyen said:

Does that mouse have some rubber like grip coating? I'm curious because I noticed I have problems with the rubber like material getting warn out fairly quick in the same areas  on every mouse. It's as if my sweat from my hands are too acidic plus wiping it clean makes it wear down even faster.  My 2 month old Corsair Scimitar is already showing signs of heavy usage. 

All of buttons and left and right click are glossy-plastic and the side grips are rough but i don't think they have a rubber coating. But I doubt oil from my fingers will do anything to the glossy parts but I'm very certain the side grips will become shiny over time 😕

I've heard that the bottom of some corsair mice wear pretty badly due to the rubber-material moving on the surface of the mouse pad.

Main System