Best Mini ITX case?

Aliairstinger

Hey Everyone, so I want to build a small form factor pc and I'm having trouble finding a decent one. So far I found the SilverStone ML08-H to be the best one so far. I'm also considering build my own case if it is possible. do you guys have any recommendations? I'm looking for something slim, vertical and something with an option for an optical drive.

The best? Well, I may have an idea...

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The best? Well, I may have an idea...

or at least A mini ITX case.

What's the budget? Some of the more boutique cases get up there in terms of cost.

4 minutes ago, Aliairstinger said:

or at least A mini ITX case.

It's in my signature

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

What's the budget? Some of the more boutique cases get up there in terms of cost.

about 600 USD

If you want a narrow case (like the one you mentioned), I would recommend the Node 202 (I guess why).

But if you have $600 as a total budget, maybe cheaper cases like the Sugo SG13B can be a better option. I have a Sugo lying around, but I won't build in it until next week.

I could give a comparison between the Node 202 and the Sugo after that.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

13 minutes ago, Nocte said:

If you want a narrow case (like the one you mentioned), I would recommend the Node 202 (I guess why).

But if you have $600 as a total budget, maybe cheaper cases like the Sugo SG13B can be a better option. I have a Sugo lying around, but I won't build in it until next week.

I could give a comparison between the Node 202 and the Sugo after that.

that would be nice, thanks.

I actually just finished building the SG13B (Ryzen 3 1200, RX 580 8GB).

First impressions:

• Advantages of the Sugo
    • better airflow than the Node 202 due to the 140mm fan at the front of the case, this is only true if you get a SF PSU with an adapter bracket (which I did, and highly recommend)
    • way easier and more comfortable to build in and cable manage than the Node 202
    • I think the GPU runs cooler, but without having made thermal measurements in benchmarks with the Node 202 I cannot give anything better than a guess
    • there's a white option, which is a big bonus in my eyes - but this is subjective
  • Disadvantages of the Sugo
    • Less space for the GPU in terms of length (could still fit the dual fan Sapphire Pulse easily though, don't think the Nitro+ would fit for example)
    • The CPU cooler *could* be choked by the PSU, while in the Node 202 it faces a grid
      • I cannot do thermal comparisons because in one system I have a 1600 with a Wraith Spire, while in the other it's a 1200 with a Wraith Stealth
    • EDIT: The GPU runs hotter than in the Node 202 with a case fan - I wouldn't recommend sticking a GPU with very high TDP in there that cannot dissipate the heat properly.

Overall, I think I would buy the SG13. Especially because it's 20-30% cheaper than a Node 202.

EDIT: I also find the Sugo (white) more aesthetically pleasing.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304