Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lockon1997

1080 still stuck at 60fps

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

i never had this issue with my old R9 270x on windows 10. help would be appreciated. ive tried most things and even been on these forums a few times so just list stuff off and ill let you know if ive tried it. GTX 1080 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lockon1997 said:

i never had this issue with my old R9 270x on windows 10. help would be appreciated. ive tried most things and even been on these forums a few times so just list stuff off and ill let you know if ive tried it. GTX 1080 

 

 

What monitor do you have? What settings do you have with the nvidia panel ?

 

sounds locked 60hz to me


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

What monitor do you have? What settings do you have with the nvidia panel ?

 

sounds locked 60hz to me

im running off a 1080p 60hz TV. i have had readings higher than 60 though on my old r9270x.  and yes i know it "doesnt matter cause your TV is only 60hz" but it matters to me.  i like to see my overhead and with it not letting me go over 60fps im not seeing that. cant even run proper benchmarks because my gpu isnt being fully utilized. and cant even overclock correctly because it doesnt display any performance over 60fps. all vsync is off in game and in panel

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Oalei said:

Have you try turning off V-Sync? 

yes. in global and game settings

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lockon1997 said:

im running off a 1080p 60hz TV. i have had readings higher than 60 though on my old r9270x.  and yes i know it "doesnt matter cause your TV is only 60hz" but it matters to me.  i like to see my overhead and with it not letting me go over 60fps im not seeing that. cant even run proper benchmarks because my gpu isnt being fully utilized. and cant even overclock correctly because it doesnt display any performance over 60fps. all vsync is off in game and in panel

 

 

I’m not sure then, as panel is only 60hz and a tv, there wouldn’t be a ‘overdrive’ mode or something on it afaik 


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I’m not sure then, as panel is only 60hz and a tv, there wouldn’t be a ‘overdrive’ mode or something on it afaik 

"AFAIK"?? not familiar with the term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I’m not sure then, as panel is only 60hz and a tv, there wouldn’t be a ‘overdrive’ mode or something on it afaik 

and no. i have a game mode but that does nothing except bring down input lag

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I’m not sure then, as panel is only 60hz and a tv, there wouldn’t be a ‘overdrive’ mode or something on it afaik 

i figured out what afaik means.... im kinda a dumbass as well lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I’m not sure then, as panel is only 60hz and a tv, there wouldn’t be a ‘overdrive’ mode or something on it afaik 

its wierd though cause its only with my 1080 that ive ever had the problem with fps being locked ive been on these forums probably 3-4 times to try and fix this issue to no avail. even Nvidia tech support is useless. then again they barely have the knowledge to log into there own computers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lockon1997 said:

its wierd though cause its only with my 1080 that ive ever had the problem with fps being locked ive been on these forums probably 3-4 times to try and fix this issue to no avail. even Nvidia tech support is useless. then again they barely have the knowledge to log into there own computers.

Just turn vsync OFF and also in game.  Your limiting yourself to screens refresh rate.


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Just turn vsync OFF and also in game.  Your limiting yourself to screens refresh rate.

if you would have read the start of the thread i said its turned off

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant in game as well. Sowwie


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I meant in game as well. Sowwie

yes in game as well

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

also in touch with nvidia lets see who can fix it faster LTT forums or Nvidia TS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lockon1997 said:

also in touch with nvidia lets see who can fix it faster LTT forums or Nvidia TS

 

A frame cap has to be going on if vsync is off in both nvpanel and in game.  What video card app do you use ?


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lockon1997 said:

yes. in global and game settings

global? how about nVidia control panel?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×