What do you guys spend your time with?

Cyberspirit

So, this is probably stupid but hey, it's been bugging me so, I have to ask others.

Basically, a co-worker is telling me that my life is meaningless and that there isn't a point to it. To be honest, he is right so, I wonder, how do others spend their time?

What do you guys do in your spare time and, what goals do you have, if any?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Drinking alcohol to not remember that. 

Finding a purpose or hobby. 

Goals: 

make video games

live in Europe 

hobbies

warhammer

guns

engineering

books

writing a media list I’ll make public later

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

So, this is probably stupid but hey, it's been bugging me so, I have to ask others.

Basically, a co-worker is telling me that my life is meaningless and that there isn't a point to it. To be honest, he is right so, I wonder, how do others spend their time?

What do you guys do in your spare time and, what goals do you have, if any?

Everybody's life is meaningless, its not just you. Spending your time wisely doesn't give your life meaning, find what makes ya happy and tell your coworker to blow it out his ass.

24 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

Everybody's life is meaningless, its not just you. Spending your time wisely doesn't give your life meaning, find what makes ya happy and tell your coworker to blow it out his ass.

I've told him many times that "yeah, things could be better but, I'm mostly happy with this life" but he can't be stopped.

To call a single life meaningless is to call all lives meaningless. We're here for a reason, even if we don't know why.

I tend to talk to @pinksnowbirdie, play some games that I have, capture VHS tapes and just whatever else comes to mind in my spare time when I'm not out and about or working.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Cyberspirit said:

Basically, a co-worker is telling me that my life is meaningless and that there isn't a point to it.

Your co-worker sounds like an asshole.  If you do what you like don't pay them any attention.

I spend my free time with the wife, woodworking, 3 gun & trap shooting, skiing, and gaming.

Hobbies vary by season; wife remains constant.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

We're here for a reason, even if we don't know why.

The only reason for us being here is random chance.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I've told him many times that "yeah, things could be better but, I'm mostly happy with this life" but he can't be stopped.

Meh. Haters will be haters. Your middle name oughta be "fuck you" because every time you come by he's like "fuck you".

i'll bee dat, i'll bee dat, i'll bee dat, i'll bee dat

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Would love to know what he does in his spare time that makes him think his life has ultimate meaning 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Would love to know what he does in his spare time that makes him think his life has ultimate meaning 

From what I've gathered, he is juggling two jobs and, he's learning some I.T. stuff on the side. He's also trying to get into being a full-time beekeeper in the future.

He's a busy dude and, he's trying to make his future better which I respect but, I wouldn't be happy with a life like that, I don't think.

13 minutes ago, duncannah said:

nothing meaningful for me

Been there but, I'd rather be here and enjoy it even if there isn't much to it.

Everyone dies one day. Life is indeed meaningless. I'm counting down the days towards my demise and total oblivion. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Sleeping, riding my bike, playing computer games, chatting on discord and LTT, computer stuff, school and work

It's mot much but it's something

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Haven't had a single free day in a few months. So i basically work 24/7, but because im so stressed from all that work i just spend the time i should be working on this forum and Reddit.

But when that cycle is broken then i hope to finish Bioshock Infinite/play some Minecraft and then pick up workouts/parkour again.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

What I do now:

school

looking for an apprenticeship

playing games

reading articles about tech and news

watching YT

watching the news on TV

watching documentaries about tech, politics, animals, geography, biology and what not

I got into Photography

my dogs

sports: walking my dogs, hiking in the Swiss Alps, Mountain biking, Skiing, parkour, gymnastics

programming (I just made my first App, it'll be soon on the Google Play Store)

you know using Tech and Gadgets 

What I want to do in the future:

travel the world

do a language staying in San Francisco or San Diego and get my advanced and later the proficiency in english (I just did the Placement test for the First certificate last Friday so I hope I can go do that)

go live somewhere abroad so I can use my english (America or UK) or go work at a big Company here in Switzerland like at Google, Swiss (the airline), UBS (the bank) or whoever else.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Things I've been doing:

-School

-Looking for an internship

-Programming (recently discovered Scala, can't stop...)

-Helping people with math (here and Reddit)

-Doing math

-Walking around

-And obviously being active on forums and stuff

7 hours ago, wasab said:

Everyone dies one day. Life is indeed meaningless. I'm counting down the days towards my demise and total oblivion. 

I plan to die with the universe.

Whether I'll last that long is an open question 'till I'm dead, and the more I study math and physics the more I realize just how much we have yet to understand. To say that life is meaningless is to claim absolute understanding of existence. Even I wouldn't be so bold, and I'm the one that's gonna die with the universe.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

11 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

If he wasn’t your colleague, you’d be perfectly right to say sod off. (At least that’s how I got toxic people out of my life) because you’re either a pleasure to be around or you’re just kinda a douche. 

Might be worth mentioning that & no one’s life has meaning. That or mention to a manager that it interferes with workflow & he should cut it out because it’s a bit on nonsense. Idk... I don’t want it to dampen anymore than it has. 

Or ask him to rhetorically figure out what he could do with purpose. 

I sleep most of the time.

Sometimes I go karting, but since it can be pricey I usually go to the simulation.

I beatbox or rap if things are getting too boring.

I used to talk to my gf during my spare time, but that's a thing in the past. I feel lonely now haha

So now, sometimes I make lots of plans about fixing my car (if there's something wrong).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I love my meaningless existence. 

My Fathers was less meaningless since he had to fight in WW2. Only civilians died in my family in that war but many were scared. 

For my Grandfathers it was the first world war and 2 out of every 3 men in my family died. I only exist because my grandfather was on the regimental football team.  

My life as been about peace. I missed Vietnam thanks to a grade ii systolic heart murmur and was too old for anything else.

My life is not a novel since no conflict has touched it and all my wounds are self inflicted. I am hoping for more meaninglessness since at 65 I am ill equipped for anything else. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

I spend most of my time at work, probably about equal with sleep.

Next up is general parenting stuff. So far all good as I love all three!

I play PC games, golf, cook, eat and drink which are all great.

The only thing I do a lot of, about 3 hours a day, is drive. I hate driving and its a waste of life.

Only you can give your life meaning, find the things that give the meaning and embrace them.

A good golf round, fun playing PC games, parenting and my work do for me. The last two are both very rewarding at the moment.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Sometimes I don't even know. I don't really have end goals.

My life nowadays consists of school and work. But when I am not doing either, I'm busy drawing, video editing (basically just making timelapses of the drawings), programming, working out my existential crisis, modding/cleaning/'refurbishing' consoles/handhelds/controllers/etc. (For fun, not for business) and I am here (too much) as well.

I don't really have goals at the moment, other than short term stuff like finishing up some projects, doing good in school, etc.

I try to keep my 'dread life' stuff to a minimum, because it is not really benficial to being active, but yeah I also think about what the heck my purpose is here.

On YouTube and other online places I have seen an increase of characters like 'Doomer', which may describe my mood at many times. You can see this as horrible, since you don't want to put yourself in a position of self-pity too much, but it's kind of nice to see people going through the same motions as me.

Often times when I am in school or watching the news, etc. I just feel like I am not like anyone else, not understood, etc. But I recently had sort of an epiphany with that. The reason I feel that way is because people don't like sharing experiences of dread, sadness, anger, etc.

I may have spiraled myself into somewhat of a vortex of sadness, as that is something I mostly notice nowadays, but I can kind of take comfort in knowing I'm not in this alone.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I mean, I just hang out on the computer and do some programming and developing stuff, and study a bit.

Life’s Good (C) 2019 MrFixitBlankFace

Won’t visit often..

Your co-worker probably feels like their life is meaningless and is trying to convince themselves otherwise by saying that others' lives are, so theirs cannot be.

Sucks to be them.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304