AMP/DAC

TheGreatWizardCalder

oi fellows

my headphones are starting to die and I'm probably gunna buy a new pair and depending what's out there for amp/dacs I'd like to look at potentially purchasing one of each.
Just recommend me some decent stuff, not looking for super high end, but not super cheapo.
Thanks my men.
I look forward to gaining knowledge.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

9 minutes ago, TheGreatWizardCalder said:

my current headphones are above 16 ohm, so if I understand correctly (I don't know a ton about audio), this would've power the cans properly.

Are you asking if it would power your old headphones?

Unless you're using something absurdly exotic (beyond something i'm unable to imagine at present), yes.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Semper said:

Are you asking if it would power your old headphones?

Unless you're using something absurdly exotic (beyond something i'm unable to imagine at present), yes.

DT 770 80 ohm lmao
I'm either buying the same headphones I have now or the 250 ohm sku.

Just now, TheGreatWizardCalder said:

DT 770 80 ohm lmao
I'm either buying the same headphones I have now or the 250 ohm sku.

Both will work perfectly fine.

Just now, Semper said:

Both will work perfectly fine.

goddamn then I have no idea what the ohm rating is even for then.

1 minute ago, TheGreatWizardCalder said:

goddamn then I have no idea what the ohm rating is even for then.

You'll have to do some research on your own if you'd like to know more, honestly, i'm too tired at the moment to dive into the topic.
There's a fairly quick overview here:

Just now, Semper said:

You'll have to do some research on your own if you'd like to know more, honestly, i'm too tired at the moment to dive into the topic.
There's a fairly quick overview here:

Aight, thanks for the video lmao
I remember doing this research when I got the current pair I have a couple years ago, but it's been a while haha.

Thanks again, will most likely go with the product you recommended :^)

For 80 ohm you should be able to power it off of the fiio k3 basically the best DAC amp for around a hundred for the sound and feature set. But if you want 250 ohm I would recommend getting a separate DAC and amp for around $200. For dacs you can get the sdac, topping d10,d30, or the modi3. For amps you can get the jds labs atom or the liquid spark. Ignore the magni it's not very good compared to the 2 I mentioned.