Rusting of memory

I have been using my PC for 2 years now and suddenly, it started showing CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I troubleshooted the issue only to find that the ram sticks were starting to rust. I have already replaced one set of 2X4GB DDR4 ram sticks with 2X8GB DDR4 ram sticks last year only to find them rusting again. Is this a common occurrence? I have inserted a picture of my old ram sticks that I used to use for reference. All of them are corsair vengeance. 

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

grab an eraser and try rubbing it off, helps clean up the contacts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

What's the environment like where you live and the room your PC is in? Sounds like it's too damp and I'd bet other components are suffering from a similar issue (like your GPU to name one). If anything, you have to equip your room with a dehumidifier.

First of all, those pads are gold - no iron, therefore, not rust. 

I'd check the DIMM slot for shmoo. Failing that, do you have pets? Smoke? Lots of dust?

In the end, an eraser or paper towel + rubbing alcohol should do the trick.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450