Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amromnia

Can this weird phone socket be used for DSL internet?

Posted · Original PosterOP

We want to get dsl internet in my grandpa's house but when we looked for possible phone sockets to use for dsl i found this weird socket in the image below can this be used for dsl? Or will it just not work or be very bad? i want to know before paying for the service 

P.S the socket is called BTicino BTI-2021

BTicino_spina_e_presa_telefonica.jpg

6 minutes ago, Amromnia said:

We want to get dsl internet in my grandpa's house but when we looked for possible phone sockets to use for dsl i found this weird socket in the image below can this be used for dsl? Or will it just not work or be very bad? i want to know before paying for the service 

As far as I can tell that's supposedly a normal connector in Italy (I'm assuming that's where you are?). I would guess that it is fine for DSL - I would be more worried about the quality/condition of the cables inside the walls of the house, and between the house and the termination point.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

4 minutes ago, Amromnia said:

As long as it has 4 connectors then it'll work fine for DSL. Just work with the service provider installing internet there, and look for a few adapters from that connector to RJ-11 (phone jack). 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.0Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleepo (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware for JBOD) - 320GB HGST HDD (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS devID passthrough) - 2x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Corsair CX series Power Supplies are fine

7 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

As long as it has 4 connectors then it'll work fine for DSL. Just work with the service provider installing internet there, and look for a few adapters from that connector to RJ-11 (phone jack). 

You only need two for ADSL, a single pair

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You only need two for ADSL, a single pair

I'm assuming one pair needs to be kept for a landline phone. :) 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.0Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleepo (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware for JBOD) - 320GB HGST HDD (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS devID passthrough) - 2x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Corsair CX series Power Supplies are fine

Aha thx for ur help! I think he already has that adapter and uses it for the phone i just wanted to know if dsl would work or not so thx for telling me

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

As far as I can tell that's supposedly a normal connector in Italy (I'm assuming that's where you are?). I would guess that it is fine for DSL - I would be more worried about the quality/condition of the cables inside the walls of the house, and between the house and the termination point.

I'm from egypt so i guess that's why seeing this was a first for me 

The isp when i called them said that this landline can handle up to 50 mbps so i'm guessing the cables are fine?

1 minute ago, Amromnia said:

I'm from egypt so i guess that's why seeing this was a first for me

Hey its a first for me in the US as well. If you look up what countries use this connector, I only see Italy.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: