No audio through LG Monitor Headphone Jack

bradwiggo

I normally use my monitor, and LG Ultrawide, for my audio output. If I want to listen through headphones, I plug them into the back of it, and then I just unplug them when I want it to come through the speakers. 

Today I was watching a youtube video, I paused it and went to do something else. When I cam back, the monitor had gone to sleep like it should, so I woke it up and then the audio didn't work. It still works through the speakers in the monitor, but if I plug my headphones in, no audio. 

What could have caused this. My first thought was "the port is broken", but it can't just break randomly, I didn't tug the cord or anything, so what could be causing this, and how do I fix it? 

Note: The monitor shows up as one audio source in windows, the monitor just routes the audio to the headphones if they are plugged into the back of it, and if they aren't it plays the audio through the speakers, so it's not a windows driver issue I don;t think, as the audio is still getting to their monitor. (plugged in using DisplayPort to a RTX 2070).

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps. 

did you reboot the PC and test again? This should have been step one. Windows has all sorts of bugs and tricks up its sleeves when it comes to sleep and shutting down things. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

did you reboot the PC and test again? This should have been step one. Windows has all sorts of bugs and tricks up its sleeves when it comes to sleep and shutting down things. 

I have rebooted a few times, still isn't working. I could just use the audio out on my PC, but switching audio in windows is a nightmare, I can never get an application to change where it is outputting audio. 

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 

2 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I have rebooted a few times, still isn't working. I could just use the audio out on my PC, but switching audio in windows is a nightmare, I can never get an application to change where it is outputting audio. 

Check your stereo mix in windows and make sure its still set to the correct sources. ff

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Check your stereo mix in windows and make sure its still set to the correct sources. ff

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, it says stereo mix "disabled", but next to it it says Realtek Audio. The monitor is normally listed as "LG Ultrawide (NVidia High Definition Audio)"  

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 

It can happen sometimes with monitors, try restarting monitor, pc and reconnecting the headphones. 
If none of the above work, try the headphones in your pc to see if it's the headphones or your monitor that's causing the problem