Videos/advertisements for different regions - where to put suggestions?

chnapo

Hi guys. This is aimed at somebody from LTT/FP although I believe this has already crossed some of their minds, as they have around 30 cherry-picked brains. But what about different sponsors for different regions? On YT it may be difficult but maybe floatplane could make that happen in future! Some sponsors are general like honey or PIA, freshbooks etc. But some are not. First, some things that you promote are too expensive for eastern europe. Other are not available in EU unless you are willing to pay expensive shipping. So now sponsors pay you even if part of their audience is irrelevant. You probably won´t have sponsors from europe because much bigger part of audience is irrelevant for them. Why not make the same video but with 2 or more different sponsor spots (in case of region-dependent sponsors) and based on region, proper video would be played? That way your sponsors would only pay for the country where they have interest and even sponsors who are from countries where you have less audience, could be interested because they would not have to sponsor the entire video. On the other hand, you could get more sponsors per video.

This is suggestion for both LTT and Floatplane as LTT may be interested in having more sponsors per video - by regions, and floatplane may have that as a feature that many other creators may be interested in as well...

The way sponsoring works is that company wanting to sponsor contacts channel they want to sponsor on. Not the other way around. So getting region-related sponsoring would mean that company's operating in that region would need to see LMG as viable partner. Which is reason why NA companies are majority of their current sponsors.

The main problem with region-specific sponsors is how to implement it. FP is run by subscriptions, so thats not option. YT's own ad service is already region based (just test with VPN if you don't believe it). But how would they make pre-roll and end-roll ads suitable per region? By uploading 3-5 version of each? Doesn't sound that viable option.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The way sponsoring works is that company wanting to sponsor contacts channel they want to sponsor on. Not the other way around. So getting region-related sponsoring would mean that company's operating in that region would need to see LMG as viable partner. Which is reason why NA companies are majority of their current sponsors.

The main problem with region-specific sponsors is how to implement it. FP is run by subscriptions, so thats not option. YT's own ad service is already region based (just test with VPN if you don't believe it). But how would they make pre-roll and end-roll ads suitable per region? By uploading 3-5 version of each? Doesn't sound that viable option.

I understood that company contacts LMG and not the other way around, but if there was such option, maybe more companies would contact LMG. Let's say I have a company in Europe and I want to target LMG viewers in Europe, but for that I have to pay for all of their audience, not just for Europe, and maybe 90% of people who will see the ad will not actually be my target. Of course I am speaking about Linus "This video is brought to you by ...." "Speaking of .... " spots, not youtube ads.

Well that's precisely what I meant, making 3-5 videos that would have the same content, just different sponsor spots (pre-roll and end-roll ads if they are called so) based on region and then uploading them to a platform that would show the viewer only the one video chosen for his region.

So floatplane users are missing out all those sponsor spots? FP is run only by subscriptions, no sponsoring? I would miss: "Speaking of awesome, our sposnor is awesome!"

It was just an idea, I wanted to suggest my friend to sponsor a video for LMG to make his company better-known but then we realized that most of LMG audience is probably outside of his area of interest.

1 hour ago, chnapo said:

Well that's precisely what I meant, making 3-5 videos that would have the same content, just different sponsor spots (pre-roll and end-roll ads if they are called so) based on region and then uploading them to a platform that would show the viewer only the one video chosen for his region.

Thats ton of extra work in order to please very small part of crowd. Or single sponsor.

1 hour ago, chnapo said:

So floatplane users are missing out all those sponsor spots? FP is run only by subscriptions, no sponsoring? I would miss: "Speaking of awesome, our sposnor is awesome!"

Thats correct. Well, almost, as sponsored content still gets released there. They do have links to buy stuff, and I personally wouldn't mind them linking full sponsor listing too. But I guess they for now rely YT description to handle that.

1 hour ago, chnapo said:

It was just an idea, I wanted to suggest my friend to sponsor a video for LMG to make his company better-known but then we realized that most of LMG audience is probably outside of his area of interest.

There have been European and Australian companies featured on LMG (and other tech channels). But just like NA companies, they need to have international shipping option (if they do hardware). Local services are different, and something I don't think is best shown with video content anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv