Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MJG

hard line vs soft tube

2 minutes ago, MJG said:

benefits other than reliability and looks when going with a hard line vs soft tube custom loop?

Nope. Aesthetics only.

Pc Specadoodles:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

motorbored: ASRock B450 Steel Legend

Graphics: MSI Armor RX 470

Memeory-Rams: 8GB DDR4 Viper Patriot 2400

HDD: 1 TB Hitachi Mechanical

SSD’s: 256GB 860 EVO, 128GB 850 EVO

PheadHones: Logitech G430's

Keybored: Logitech G413 Carbon

Moose: Steelseries Rival 110

Monitor: 1600x900 21.5 " Gateway monitor. Running at 1080p

PSU: 700W ThermalTake Smart RGB

Zero benefits beyond looks. I would gander than Soft is actually more secure compared to hardline and costs are significantly less with Soft Tube compared to hardline. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Zero benefits beyond looks. I would gander than Soft is actually more secure compared to hardline and costs are significantly less with Soft Tube compared to hardline. 

Really, how so? I figured that hard line would be more durable. That is great to know

Just now, MJG said:

Really, how so? I figured that hard line would be more durable. That is great to know

Hardline tubes and fittings have a tolerance on them and sometimes they dont quite fit up properly. Also, just look at Bitwit and his Hotline build where his hardline tubes fell out of his GPU and spewed everything everywhere. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

😏 just all over the place, even got on the floor

Pc Specadoodles:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

motorbored: ASRock B450 Steel Legend

Graphics: MSI Armor RX 470

Memeory-Rams: 8GB DDR4 Viper Patriot 2400

HDD: 1 TB Hitachi Mechanical

SSD’s: 256GB 860 EVO, 128GB 850 EVO

PheadHones: Logitech G430's

Keybored: Logitech G413 Carbon

Moose: Steelseries Rival 110

Monitor: 1600x900 21.5 " Gateway monitor. Running at 1080p

PSU: 700W ThermalTake Smart RGB

Soft tubes will absorb color over time, and some soft tubing will leach plasticizer. Tubes that leach plasticizer can gunk up blocks.

PETG hard tube will stain slightly and it's comparatively dull for a hard tube, it'll also have chemical reactions with Ethylene Glycol coolants (how severe depends on the composition of the coolant). It also allows a bit of flex in the lines.

Acrylic plays nicely with just about all coolants and doesn't stain as much as PETG, but it's brittle and hard to bend.

Borosilicate Glass also plays nicely with about all coolants, doesn't stain, but it's also brittle. It's very hard to bend, most people will basically need to use fittings for the bends.

With Acrylic and Borosilicate, just don't go swinging hammers in your case and you should be fine.

ALSO, you can use copper and plated brass tubes.

Copper tubes will work with any copper loop and any copper compatible coolant (basically all of them), it's easy to bend with the correct size bender, and looks good polished.

Electroplated brass tubes typically aren't made to be bent, and you need to make sure your coolant is compatible with brass.

Edited by Drak3
Forgot the metal tubes

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Soft tubes will absorb color over time, and some soft tubing will leach plasticizer. Tubes that leach plasticizer can gunk up blocks.

PETG hard tube will stain slightly and it's comparatively dull for a hard tube, it'll also have chemical reactions with Ethylene Glycol coolants (how severe depends on the composition of the coolant). It also allows a bit of flex in the lines.

Acrylic plays nicely with just about all coolants and doesn't stain as much as PETG, but it's brittle and hard to bend.

Borosilicate Glass also plays nicely with about all coolants, doesn't stain, but it's also brittle. It's very hard to bend, most people will basically need to use fittings for the bends.

With Acrylic and Borosilicate, just don't go swinging hammers in your case and you should be fine.

ALSO, you can use copper and plated brass tubes.

Copper tubes will work with any copper loop and any copper compatible coolant (basically all of them), it's easy to bend with the correct size bender, and looks good polished.

Electroplated brass tubes typically aren't made to be bent, and you need to make sure your coolant is compatible with brass.

Thanks, you def educated me alot here

the biggest advantage of soft tubing is its flexibility, it is very unlikely that people change the cpu after assembling the loop but with soft tube you do not need to even drain the system to change CPU or even MB.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z370i, RAM:16gb corsair rgb 3600, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2), samsung 860evo 500gb. HDD - 6tb, Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)