Games have became boring lately

MayCris
3 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Ah yea oke.... I might be thinking back to a similair discussions i was part of adressing the same point these last two weeks.
Rage 2 got demolished, best read ever was a guy from australia who bought some superdeluxe package for 130 aussie dollars and was soo mad that rage 2 was over in literally under 20 hours not to mention games such as Anthem... I'm guessing all attention atm is goin into preparing games for the new console release next year. That said Total War seems to be degrading too, not sure what Three Kingdoms will bring but i imagine a lot of whiners, correct or not. Games such as Nioh and bloodborn and alikes seem to be the place where its at at the moment. Later on this year Slitherine will release all kinds of new wargames but yea i'm drifting off here. So fps ..... first what comes to mind are the wolvenstein games, they should be oke right? Doom's launch was also pretty oke ... so yay for ID Bethesda and whatever studio i'm forgetting. Didn't far cry 5 rule too? 

I do have one question. Are the new games really that lame or could fatigue from the genre be at play too here? ( ofcourse if you happily p[lay the older titles i guess that answer is more then clear )  

Its more like the missions and stuff that they put you through. I played FarCry 5 and the Story is just more of the same, crazy people taking over some territory and you have to clear the area. The character you play as is like a nobody, like you dont know who that guy is or what he wants. The evil people can be pretty interesting at times but theres not much else. Characters around the world theyre like help me out with this, do that and most of the time is you doing the same thing over and over and over again until you say okay i think im done. Rage 2 seemed the same to me too. Other games like Call Of Duty scratched the singler player completely for Battle Royale? Like what? Where did the cool badass stories went? Like take for example The Last of Us, Why is that game so good? Story, good relatable characters. Or DOOM as you say, you know who you are playing at, you know why you are doing the stuff you are doing (killing and killing). Half Life 2 you are Gordon Freeman a badass scientist, the character doesnt even need to talk to tell you who he is. We need more of that. Idk its just how i see it.

2 hours ago, Mr. horse said:

AAA games are almost away boring, its a rinse and recycle product line.

I tend to stick with older games. Older AAA games from the 90s like Dark forces 2 or quake are rather unique. just look at Q3A and UT99, they are practically the same game yet vastly different in many ways.

Yeah thats true i always find myself going back and playing older games like PS1 era and stuff.

4 hours ago, Mr. horse said:

AAA games are almost away boring, its a rinse and recycle product line.

I tend to stick with older games. Older AAA games from the 90s like Dark forces 2 or quake are rather unique. just look at Q3A and UT99, they are practically the same game yet vastly different in many ways.

I do concur... the times i play a tripple A game outside of my normal 4x/wargame habitat i always enjoy them, most of the time because i usually only play one or two a year and most of the time it is already years and years after the initial release.....

one of the benefits of an aquired taste i guess ;)

here's how the lib is looking atm.
As you can see no other shooters then from way past back so i seem to concur with both of you guys on the past experience.. Still i do think it is a good time to be young and innocent and find the new games a blast

ScreenShot_20190520220126.png

I agree... Everything seems redundant and uninspired. With that being said, the new Borderlands comes out in September. Although, buying it on the Epic Games' store may be a downfall for you. Besides that, I don't really have much else to hype about. E3 happens next month, so hopefully there will be more game excitement heading your way and mine! ?

Bought an i5, got an i7. Thanks Amazon.

Spoiler

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB | RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600 MHz | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | PSU: EVGA 750P2 80+ | Monitor: Acer 21.5" 1080p & Samsung 27" Curved 1080p | Keyboard & Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo | Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Far Cry, Division, Anthem, World War Z, Days Gone, etc. are all very generic AAA action game fare. Great presentation but really weak on the creativity department. It's no wonder they bore you. 

I suggest diving into something completely different. Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Stellaris, Prey, Salt and Sanctuary, Tower of Time, Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2, Outlast 1 & 2, Tyranny, The Cat Lady, etc. are all phenomenal games that play and feel nothing like the AAA shooters you mentioned. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Resident Evil 2 Remake was pretty good. If you haven't play RE4, you should give it a try, it's Old but Gold....
I still enjoy Killing Floor 2, have you play Borderlands series ? 
Titanfall 2, MP is amazing but if you can even find any players that is. 
Insurgency Sandstorm, tactical immersive FPS, MP game though. 
Max Payne series ( MUST PLAY ! ) If you haven't play it, you're missing out a lot ! 
Sleeping Dogs, freaking underrated game. 
Saints Row series, I recommend Saints Row 3. SR2 runs like shit even on modern system, best avoid. SR Gat out of Hell is a nice small expansion.
Did you play Metro series ?? Great game, sadly Exodus is Epic shit store only.
Sniper Elite V4, huge improvement over Sniper Elite V3 IMO.
Strange Brigade, get it cheap and just have some fun.
Dying Light
Serious Sam First Encounter, Second Encounter HD. The rest kinda suck...
Tomb Raider ( the first reboot, didn't like Rise of Tomb Raider, haven't play Shadow of Tomb Raider ) 
Quantum Break, if you're looking for a rich story game, it's a 3rd person shooter, but you don't go around blasting so much. 
Alan Wake, like Quantum Break, but lots more shooting, a MUST TRY ! 
Hitman ( reboot , get full game on sales, it's worth playing, not worth full price ) 
Mad Max ( Can get grindy but still fucking fun game ) 
Mafia II 
Far Cry 2 will always have a special place in my heart
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  
Spec Ops The Line, amazing story....
Shadow Warrior 2, WORTH EVERY CENT ! 
DooM 3 BFG ( actually like this over DooM 2016....DooM 2016 was good, but a disappointment, too slow and sluggish, movement are scripted and really restricted, unlike Quake Champions / Quake, even Titanfall 2 moves faster and more fluid ) 

You seem to be more of a FPS player, which I'm too as well, but there aren't many FPS games these days. 

Resident Evil 2 Remake was pretty good. If you haven't play RE4, you should give it a try, it's Old but Gold....
Call of Juarez Gunslinger, super underrated, hidden Gem...
Max Payne series ( MUST PLAY ! ) If you haven't play it, you're missing out a lot ! 
Saints Row series, I recommend Saints Row 3. SR2 runs like shit even on modern system, best avoid. SR Gat out of Hell is a nice small expansion.
Dying Light
Tomb Raider ( the first reboot, didn't like Rise of Tomb Raider, haven't play Shadow of Tomb Raider ) 
Quantum Break, if you're looking for a rich story game, it's a 3rd person shooter, but you don't go around blasting so much. 
Hitman ( reboot , get full game on sales, it's worth playing, not worth full price ) 
Mafia II 
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  
DooM 3 BFG ( actually like this over DooM 2016....DooM 2016 was good, but a disappointment, too slow and sluggish, movement are scripted and really restricted, unlike Quake Champions / Quake, even Titanfall 2 moves faster and more fluid ) 

You seem to be more of a FPS player, which I'm too as well, but there aren't many FPS games these days. 

9 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

Dying Light
Mafia II 
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  

Ive played most of the games youve metioned I havent played Metro Exodus Simply because it is in the Epic Store hahaha. I ove all of the Metro games they are so good. Also Hitman 1 and 2 so damn good. But as for now im no really excited about any game coming out, most of the games look so generic and boring (talking about new tittles as ive mentioned before in my post) They all look and feel the same, open world, same objectives of clear the areas, kill this guy but most of all they all lack personality to me, originality.

• 2 weeks later...

Titanfall2, Doom (2016), hollow night, borerlands 1&2 are some good single player games.