Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeyzHostHD

How To Extend Wall Ethernet

Without a problem, if I'm reading it right you're just going to be using a longer cable. Theoretically it's still the same connection from port to port.

Posted · Original PosterOP

ok, so you need a wall port to make your routher work, but what can i do to extend it to go into my room, example

i got the wall ethernet in my living room, with the routher right next to it, and i want my routher to be in my room, i have a normal ethernet cable 20m long, can i just plug one side into the wall and the other side into my routher and put it into my room?

Posted · Best Answer

Without a problem, if I'm reading it right you're just going to be using a longer cable. Theoretically it's still the same connection from port to port.

Posted · Original PosterOP
58 minutes ago, YoFavRussian said:

only thing i've noticed is that the cable from the wall to the routher , has a blue colored ending does that make any difference ?

Just now, KeyzHostHD said:

only thing i've noticed is that the cable from the wall to the routher , has a blue colored ending does that make any difference ?

Shouldn't be an issue.  I have blue, yellow and orange ethernet cables all working fine at my house.

Honestly, just plug it in and see.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

The internal construction of the cables is the same, the only difference would be a crossover cable versus a patch cable. However, I'm 99% sure that cable you have isn't a crossover cable. I can have a pink and an orange patch cable, they both serve the same purpose, one is just colored different.

It's like, would you rather have a red car or a blue car of the same exact model. It's the same car, it's just what color you want.